Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Siege machines just killed my clan!

Can u pls explain why low weight accounts no longer help and how dropping heavy defences like EA can help rectify match ups?
    Note that I was not complaining about war pairing, ours were OK untill the other team got all those siege machines in their cc.
    And yes a agree with LordSk that siege machines should have innitially been available for TH12s only. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Kingaking View Post
    Can u pls explain why low weight accounts no longer help and how dropping heavy defences like EA can help rectify match ups?
    Note that I was not complaining about war pairing, ours were OK untill the other team got all those siege machines in their cc.
    And yes a agree with LordSk that siege machines should have innitially been available for TH12s only. ��
    Why shouldn’t a th11 with max th11 offense and an SM be able to destroy a th11 that hasn’t even built the strongest defense?
    Last edited by 2222; 1 Week Ago at 08:20 PM.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I agree. Playing with weights does not guarantee any kind of success now. Our clan is in the process of rectifying match up disparity, by dropping defences, that previously, gave some advantage, due to their omission.
    Am sure the better optimisers are finding a way around it, but for the rest of us, those defences need to be dropped, and upgraded. Offence heavy, or simply low weight accounts, no longer help, in our experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingaking View Post
    I highlighted an important part of my statement.. In our experience.
    We always ran low weight in war, with a decent level of success, unless we drew an engi that could kill us.. No complaints, we played the odds, and got bitten sometimes.
    we still only war with 10s on top, but are slowly adding IT into our roster, as we found that since 12 dropped, we always got at least 1x IT base, and often 2 of them, with no apparent gain on our side, to compensate. So now, we are finding that we are having to beef up our defences, and add some weight in order to remain competitive. In my view, especially at the top of the roster, the MM seems willing to match you with a more mature hall, if the rosters, as a whole, look similar enough.
    As I have stated in other threads, we do have many/most of our included accounts readying for the jump to next hall, which may well be working against us. We will find out in due course if levelling up has any further effect on our matches, but for now, what we see is our lighter weight, mainly at the top, is putting us at an "on paper" disadvantage.

Thank u for sharing joshsgrandad

It is just a normal part of gave evolution. I am afraid you'll have to live with it.

The game would die if it stopped evolving for the high-end players.

The same thing will be told when TH13 will release down the road.

TH 12, Level 222
    Queen: 53, King: 53, Warden: 22

I also appreciate the answers in this thread. We are going through a similar war right now, 10v10 with top being th11. We have one, they have two, no big deal. However, their entire team is using seige machines, and we don't have access to them. The obvious solution is to get with the times and gain access to them. We aren't going to rush our bases for it, or engineer for it though. The only thing Supercell could do would be to limit seige machines if there isn't a TH12 in the war, but I'm not sure why they would do that. The game evolves, and we must evolve with it or go do something else. It is frustrating to be getting owned in a war. The TH12 update didn't really affect our clan until this moment.
    Kurtherian
    Alpha Gamma
    #9GVQPUV

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtherian View Post
    I also appreciate the answers in this thread. We are going through a similar war right now, 10v10 with top being th11. We have one, they have two, no big deal. However, their entire team is using seige machines, and we don't have access to them. The obvious solution is to get with the times and gain access to them. We aren't going to rush our bases for it, or engineer for it though. The only thing Supercell could do would be to limit seige machines if there isn't a TH12 in the war, but I'm not sure why they would do that. The game evolves, and we must evolve with it or go do something else. It is frustrating to be getting owned in a war. The TH12 update didn't really affect our clan until this moment.
    You might want to make a second account just for SM donations. Rush it to th12 as fast as you can by only building level 1 everything and get SMs. Then use that account to donate SMs and keep it low in trophies so you can also use it to easily max out all clan games.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You might want to make a second account just for SM donations. Rush it to th12 as fast as you can by only building level 1 everything and get SMs. Then use that account to donate SMs and keep it low in trophies so you can also use it to easily max out all clan games.
    This is a good point about secondary use in clan games. I find with mine, that although its useless, pretty much, except for donating, that due to trophy dumping, farming (and clan games) is difficult, as my normal method is mass goblin/jump spells. What I did with mine tho, is push the BB a little, and do the BB challenges in the games. But having siege access is a must in the current game.

This is a good point about secondary use in clan games. I find with mine, that although its useless, pretty much, except for donating, that due to trophy dumping, farming (and clan games) is difficult, as my normal method is mass goblin/jump spells. What I did with mine tho, is push the BB a little, and do the BB challenges in the games. But having siege access is a must in the current game.
    Another good point. MY third account is a TH7, will rush that one.

TH12 with lvl 1 items would weigh close to a max 11 as about 90% of an items total weight is when you drop it so it would be hard to war it.

I have some accounts that don't have much defense but decent heroes and they are good for multi challenges. I have some with BH2 and 1 army camps and they are good for some BB challenges. I can just cycle through different ones to do different challenges and use others to trash challenges I don't want. I don't max out points completely on any of them because then I can't trash with them anymore.