Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Hay Day Kitchen: The Red Berry Cake

Millennial Club

Ok so I finally found time to have a go at making this.
    wasnt sure what size springform tin to use so went with a 9” tin (8” might have been better)
    I had to make double the amount of the jam layer, but the other ingredients were just enough for the tin I used.

Not quite the clean lines between layers I hoped for but it’s not awful. Taking it to friends to eat now

UPDATE: Eats beautifully, very tasty indeed. Think I’d reduce the gelatin sheets to 4 not 5 in the jam layer, slightly too set compared to the cream layer.
    Last edited by mdcfc; 5 Days Ago at 10:37 AM.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Wow! That looks really good. You’ve got some lucky friends if it tastes 1/2 as good as it looks.
    Level 147
    Achievement 142/144
    Be kind. 🤗

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    ...Ok so I finally found time to have a go at making this.
    wasnt sure what size springform tin to use so went with a 9” tin (8” might have been better)
    I had to make double the amount of the jam layer, but the other ingredients were just enough for the tin I used.

Not quite the clean lines between layers I hoped for but it’s not awful. Taking it to friends to eat now
    Kudos Steve on the presentation. Is this your first try? I'm very impressed by the clean lines encircling the cake.

I'd like to suggest you audition for the show "The Great British Bake Off". Good luck.
    Lynn, 6-19-18, clasher and farmer but not boomer and brawler

Happy Forum Anniversary to Mod Cowslips
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...6#post11749026

Those clean lines are from the spring form pan he used.

I'm still confused on the gelatin sheets, but doesn't matter. I'll just visit Steve.
    Last edited by MissBehaving; 5 Days Ago at 10:47 AM.
    Miss
    Hood: Miss Behaving Tag#88vpc8rq

Millennial Club
    First go at this recipe, but I do a lot of baking for friends family and the village tearooms.

I was actually quite disappointed by the presentation, not as clean as I’d expect for my normal cakes. I shouldn’t have lined the sides of the tin ..... lesson learned. It was however a very good eat

I have had people try to enter me for Bake Off, but I have a face for radio, swear like a trooper, and would probably slap Paul Hollywood LOL. Plus I’d be disaqualified because I bake and decorate wedding, birthday, christening cakes etc as a home business. They’d classify that as professional. This was the last one I did

Steve
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”

That's not food it's art Steve!
    Last edited by MissBehaving; 5 Days Ago at 10:48 AM.
    Miss
    Hood: Miss Behaving Tag#88vpc8rq

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    First go at this recipe, but I do a lot of baking for friends family and the village tearooms.

I was actually quite disappointed by the presentation, not as clean as I’d expect for my normal cakes. I shouldn’t have lined the sides of the tin ..... lesson learned. It was however a very good eat

I have had people try to enter me for Bake Off, but I have a face for radio, swear like a trooper, and would probably slap Paul Hollywood LOL. Plus I’d be disaqualified because I bake and decorate wedding, birthday, christening cakes etc as a home business. They’d classify that as professional. This was the last one I did

Looks great like always Steve but ehhh...were is my piece of red berry cake? Or did Laurence eat all

Tag: #2LCV92UO

Quote Originally Posted by MissBehaving View Post
    That's not food it's art Steve!
    No hun its making us drewl teasing

Tag: #2LCV92UO

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneZissou View Post
    Looks great like always Steve but ehhh...were is my piece of red berry cake? Or did Laurence eat all
    Laurence didn’t even get a slice Yvonne ��
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by valleria View Post
    Ok really great idea, my wife want to do it ... And she only speaks french ...
    In the game, we have it in french but not here ... Where could we find the copy in the language that we use in the game ...
    Thank you ....
    somebidy can help it, not only in french but other language than english ... thank you
    farm level 104 ...