Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is use of vpn legal in coc

Centennial Club

Is use of vpn legal in coc

Would like to get a reply from an official, is use of VPN 3rd party software illegal??

I'm not "an official", but I'm sure VPN is legal. There's no reason why it wouldn't be.
    Leader - RJ Rebel Regime
    #92CQVJLR
    Clan Discord Server | My Stats

VPN's are designed to add security for you by encrypting your Internet traffic coming out of your device. They can be beneficial for use in public wifi areas, when somebody could be 'watching', and/or where your access is being blocked by aggressive network firewall programs. (School,Work,College etc)

I don't use them myself, but if I did, I would use reputable paid VPN's rather than the free ones, which may be free for a reason.
    I don't believe the use of VPN's are against ToS, as why would they be?
    They shouldn't alter the game files, as they are just a security filter in essence.
    Last edited by Skrags; July 5th, 2018 at 08:09 AM.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

I'm note sure about the answers, I just wanted to say that it couldn't be illegal. it could be against the TOS of supercell, but that couldn't be "illegal". I'm pretty sure there is nothing against it in the TOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConfuzed1 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a display of complete ignorance, or one of the most masterful plays on words to ever be posted on the forum.
    Either way, bravo!

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    We've had this conversation with one forumer that went to China and asked if VPN is against rules.

One of the moderators came and confirmed that it is not against the rules to use VPN:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Using a VPN will not get you or your game in trouble with SC.
    A clan mate of mine has been in China for years as well and always uses a VPN.

Do keep in mind of why you’d need to use that VPN to get on the game though. We don’t want anyone to break local laws and regulations and get in trouble that way.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; July 5th, 2018 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    We've had this conversation with one forumer that went to China and asked if VPN is against rules.

One of the moderators came and confirmed that it is not against the rules to use VPN:
    I also remember

You will get banned using VPN in Japan.

I have used it off and on for 3 years. I'm using it all the time right now because my ISP cuts my Internet off every hour for a few seconds. I recently learned that if I'm on the VPN they don't seem to know I'm online and don't do that to me. :P

I agree with Skrags, do not use a free one. It's probably okay if you get it via Google Play or the App store. Free ones can't be free without getting something. The something they COULD be getting is your passwords when you send it through their system.

I recommend StrongVPN. I've used several and it's the most expensive of the ones that I have used. I dropped them but I came back.
    Last edited by StormHeart; July 5th, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTora View Post
    You will get banned using VPN in Japan.
    How's that?

Talking about legal and illegal, please help me explain this player’s level.
    #pp99vror

TH 12, Level 244
    Queen: 65, King: 65, Warden: 40