Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: EllunaHellen's QMT

Forum Superstar

EllunaHellen's QMT

Heya all!

Still not quite sure what I got myself into or WHY I got myself into it, but here we go!

ATTENTION: PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE POSTING

1. If you would like to host your own QMT, please indicate so on this thread. We will VM/PM you when it is your turn. DO NOT make your own QMT.

2. Please don't ask questions that break forum rules or force me to make answers that break the forum rules. If it gets ugly, we likely will not be able to do any more QMTs in the future.

3. Ask as many questions as the host of the QMT will allow, but make them good questions. It's not a competition to see who can ask the most questions.

4. Answering questions is under my jurisdiction. Which means I won't answer questions I deem to be inappropriate

Have fun asking me random questions!

~Elluna
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! - Permits: 56/Approximately a million
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 63/Rep 16~

What made you first start playing Hayday?

Hi Elluna,

Assuming that you speak Dutch in addition to English, what other languages do you speak or understand? Note: if you say French, I’m really going to be tres jealous.😄

Forum Veteran
    Hey Elluna,

are you following the World Cup despite the Netherlands not qualifying this time round? Who will win it??

what aspect of the game do you like the most?

if you could magically change one thing about Hayday, what would it be?

dogs or cats? or something else??

When I’m next visiting the Netherlands, what is the one food I must eat before I leave.
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by eudicells View Post
    What made you first start playing Hayday?
    In the summer of 2014, my mum was playing Hay Day on the family tablet (she quit not very long after that). I played along on her game for a bit until I got my own smartphone in September (when the phone I'd had for the 9 years before that died xD), then started my own account!

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Hi Elluna,

Assuming that you speak Dutch in addition to English, what other languages do you speak or understand? Note: if you say French, I’m really going to be tres jealous.
    Hi!
    I took German, French, and Spanish in secondary school (in addition to Dutch and English, obviously). I forgot a lot of what I learned because I haven't been using them in the years since I graduated, though. I should probably consider refreshing that knowledge!

I even took Latin for two years. Yes, actually ancient-dead-language Latin. Wouldn't say I "speak" it though, or that I ever have .

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Hey Elluna,

are you following the World Cup despite the Netherlands not qualifying this time round? Who will win it??
    Hi there!

I've... Sort of been following it. I wasn't following it until this week, but now I've actually been watching the games. No idea who will win - it's been a really, REALLY weird tournament. I"m low-key rooting for Belgium!

what aspect of the game do you like the most?
    I like the game's flexibility. There's no obligation to doing *everything* there is to do in the game, and I love how easy it is to switch up my focus every once in a while. Really liking the Town at the moment!

if you could magically change one thing about Hayday, what would it be?
    I wouldn't want to change anything too big, wouldn't want to ruin the balance, LOL. So no tool sheds (I'm not a fan of that idea anyway) or second dairy/feedmill/sugar mill (kind of would like a second jam maker, though!)

I'd like it if solo players and 2/3 person hoods could get all Derby horseshoe prizes though. I'm not a solo/duo/trio player, but still. It would only be fair!

dogs or cats? or something else??
    Both!

When I’m next visiting the Netherlands, what is the one food I must eat before I leave.
    Stroopwafel!
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; July 4th, 2018 at 07:56 AM.
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU

Hi Elluna,

I’m starting off with easy questions, but may come back if I think of more.

1). What is your favorite TV show - and tell us a little about it, ie, comedy, drama, actor, and plot (if there is one)

2). Now that you are playing 2 farms, what if anything, do you do differently on you biggest farm.

3). Have you tried to get your mum to start playing again?

4). What other activities do you do in your spare time?

5). What is your favorite song at the moment? Can you recommend any Dutch music to me?

6). How many countries have you traveled in? And where would you like to go that you have not?

7). If you could chose 1 forumer to meet up with for coffee and some HayDay fun, who would that be?
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Hi Elluna,

I’m starting off with easy questions, but may come back if I think of more.

1). What is your favorite TV show - and tell us a little about it, ie, comedy, drama, actor, and plot (if there is one)
    Hi!

I actually don't watch TV that much. Usually when I do it's something or other on Discovery channel or TLC or something. So either reality or educational, I guess.

2). Now that you are playing 2 farms, what if anything, do you do differently on you biggest farm.
    If anything I pay less attention to my bigger farm, I can't say I changed anything other than that . Unless you mean something I do differently on my small farm that I didn't do on my main, which... I'm trying not to chop down as many trees if that counts.

3). Have you tried to get your mum to start playing again?
    No - she probably quit for a reason (levels taking too long? Getting frustrated? I don't know. She was at level 52 with a 400 barn and silo. Yeaaaa...), and I wouldn't be able to get her back into it if she doesn't want to .

Actually, she briefly started playing again a few months back, but I think she got confused with all the newer additions and quit again immediately

4). What other activities do you do in your spare time?
    Other activities that are not Hay Day? What is this sorcery!

All joking aside I also like to watch stuff on youtube (also some hay day things though) and walking/playing with my dog.

5). What is your favorite song at the moment? Can you recommend any Dutch music to me?
    I never really have just one favourite song - I will listsen to anything that's catchy, LOL. Dutch music? I guess that depends on the genres you like! Maybe I can

6). How many countries have you traveled in? And where would you like to go that you have not?
    Belgium, Germany, France (just Paris), UK (well particularly Wales), Ireland, Turkey. Going to Denmark in early September!

I really would like to visit the USA some time. Maybe Canada. Italy. Norway/Sweden/Finland... I'd say Australia but I'm afraid all the "everything wants to kill you" jokes have made me somewhat hesitant . Also definitely the rest of the UK!

7). If you could chose 1 forumer to meet up with for coffee and some HayDay fun, who would that be?
    Hm. Either you or Wussypuss, I think!
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; July 4th, 2018 at 03:36 PM.
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU

Forum Veteran
    Stroopwaffel I get those in Lidl here in UK...... tasty!
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by EllunaHellen View Post
    Heya all!

Still not quite sure what I got myself into or WHY I got myself into it, but here we go!

~Elluna

Hi Elluna, here are my questions. Thank you for your time.

Potpourri
    1. What does your name Elluna mean in Dutch? I'm too lazy to use Google and besides, I think I reached my daily quota of Googling.

2. Why did you join the Supercell forum? How long did you lurk before you started posting?

3. How would you respond when someone asks if you'd like to create a third farm? Would you say the following?
    a) Ruled out for the time being
    b) No immediate plans, but maybe someday
    c) Other reasons

4. Would you be interested in trying other Supercell games?

5. Would you be interested in trying other farming simulation games to compare and contrast with HD?

6. Which type of cheese do you enjoy eating?
    a) Does it start with the letter G?
    B) If so, do you know how to make it?

Culture Club
    7. When I was a young boy aged 10 or 11 and in middle school, The Diary of Anne Frank was on the required reading list. IIRC, I visited the school library to look at an atlas to find The Netherlands and calculated the distance from your country to the United States (And yes, PCs weren't invented yet and the World Wide Web didn't exist. Times were hard but we survived without checking our Smartphones constantly).
    a) How old were you when you read the book?
    b) Did you also read it in English? If so, was there something lost in the translation since the book was published originally in Dutch?

8. The television series "Big Brother" has aired in the United States since 2000. I watched it and don't understand why it appeals to my fellow Americans. Could it be the host Julie Chen? No, because many Americans are watching the live feed!? Why, oh why?
    a) Since the "Big Brother" franchise originated on Dutch TV, would you please provide some insight on the popularity of this bizarre cultural phenomenon?
    b) Which TV shows produced by American companies are popular in the Netherlands?
    c) Name the ones you find entertaining.

Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?[1]
    9. If I had a month to do sightseeing in the Netherlands, which month should I visit and where should I go?

10. What percentage of the following modes of transportation should I use as a tourist?
    a) by train
    b) by foot
    c) by bicycle
    d) by car
    e) by boat cruising through the beautiful canals.

11. The Netherlands is one of the most open and prosperous country in the world. How much more land will the ingenious and innovative Dutch reclaim from the sea to meet the demand of a growing population?

Post Script
    12. Do you follow the sport of long track speed skating? If so, how do you explain the dominance of Dutch athletes in this sport?

------
    [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1EIUP8tvbE
    Last edited by LynnK2015; July 5th, 2018 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Added Q about speed skating.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

“... I'd say Australia but I'm afraid all the "everything wants to kill you" jokes have made me somewhat hesitant . “

Definitely an exaggeration. Having lived here all my life and still going strong ....no near misses either. There are places where you need to be careful and listen to the locals but that is all😀😀😀

Farm Level 172. Town 52. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.