Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there no logic now?

Is there no logic now?

So I have joined the head scratchers as well.

Nothing seems to be adding up.

Up until recently, I could get very close to predicting our opponents with fair accuracy.
    I knew when we would match engineers and how to avoid them, for the most part.

Now though? I ain't got a scooby.

I've been reading threads but not found any where the matching seems to be working in the opposite way to the norm which is what my clan is experiencing.

These last two wars have been weird.

Without going into too much detail.
    Last war, we ran balanced bases - TH12 to TH9 with just a few early 0.5's. We matched a very lop sided engi clan who we lost to, not the other way around. Our fault. (So this is not a complaint type thread).

This war, I thought I'd put our two experiments in. One is a minimax 11 and the other a baby 9.11.
    I expected the match to be worse than the previous war with white TH's all over the enemy roster but we matched none. They have a few 9.5's and a weak TH10 sitting below a 9 but nothing substantial.

How it has worked, I dunno… we have a slight offence advantage and a defence advantage at first glance.

Its weird... its like rolling two dice and expecting to get a number between 1 and 12 but getting 15 instead!

So yeah, just thought I would share.
    Skrivo
    TH12
    Leader of war clan's vVv & sPu

Yeah I really don't know myself either.

Been finding it hard to match a mostly balanced lineup but throwing in MORE engineered bases yields a match quicker?

Our feeder has been getting better matches with more minimaxes, and quicker too.

Banned
    This is the new matchmaking solution. It’s completely random, when you actually match. You can run the same lineup, at the same time of day, and get different results each time. It does solve the i always get bad matches though.

Banned
    Does sound strange and yet, it depends on your allocation by TH, war size and the number of clans searching.

We were down a TH12 (maxed TH11 w/ L4 bowlers / SM) in our last war which hasn't happened before so who knows. That aside, as more people upgrade TH12 defenses as well as offenses, I won't be too surprised at what we see.

And yes, we lost too but hey that happens to most of us occasionally...

Their is a logic, you just need to figure out the MM and push everyone in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    Their is a logic, you just need to figure out the MM and push everyone in the right direction.

Really mate? Thanks for the enlightened reply. Have you not read any of the threads regarding the MMA?
    People with far more knowledge and understanding than me are puzzled at present.

If you're still struggling, the answer is that you cannot "figure out" random.
    Skrivo
    TH12

Quote Originally Posted by TheLandofNod View Post
    Really mate? Thanks for the enlightened reply. Have you not read any of the threads regarding the MMA?
    People with far more knowledge and understanding than me are puzzled at present.

If you're still struggling, the answer is that you cannot "figure out" random.
    You misunderstand sir, it is not random the MM does make sense and it is far from random.

My clans match ups have been consistent. Plus or minus 1-4 th12, the clan with less 12s gets more 11s to compensate.

Other than that nearly identical th count
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 23 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    A Frosty Blaze - TH13 - K65/Q70/W50/RC20

Anyone looking to be a part of a friendly and competitive war clan environment please check out our discord at invite vPXaJRx

Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    You misunderstand sir, it is not random the MM does make sense and it is far from random.
    We will agree to disagree then.
    Skrivo
    TH12

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    My clans match ups have been consistent. Plus or minus 1-4 th12, the clan with less 12s gets more 11s to compensate.

Other than that nearly identical th count
    It was for my clan until recently FB... Now, it seems we are getting the opposite of what we should.

The more engi accounts we add, the faster the search. The more balanced our roster, the longer the search.
    If I put engis in, we don't match any. When we run without engis, we match them.

If its not random, it is certainly strange in my recent experience.
    Skrivo
    TH12