Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak Peek #2: Buyback Offers!

Trainee

About Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by SareighaR View Post
    I am still not thrilled with Maggie. I feel like players should be able to interchange freely among the style selections once they're bought.
    I agree. It is up to my own choices which that fit in rather what she offers.

Centennial Club
    Thanks guys, but 2 follow-up questions:

1- Will the reinstall price always be discounted 75%? If the discount varies and is substantially less, then that will affect how I react to this ( but for now I'm assuming best and send the HD team a big thank you -- 75%is definitely going in right direction!).

2- Will we be able to opt for reinstallation at any time when Maggie is visiting (or does she have to list the old renovation again as a weekly option)? Gee, I'm hoping for the former ...

Thanks, Frisco et al!

Fresh Spawn
    Much better but not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Sorry but what is to keep. Maggie is a builder that will decorate your house. She is pricy to start with as the first time to decorate she has challenges like in real life. Once she has done it once she knows what she needs to do the second time so you just have to pay for the materials to repaint or renovate your home. This is so like real life in many ways. She is not selling decoration so there is nothing to keep.
    I mean, the pigs don’t die in hay day after they have bacon taken from them and the lobsters go back into the water after having lobster meat taken from them. This is more in line with the trees having such a limited number of times they’ll bear fruit. It’s way more of a game mechanic than striving for realism, which is fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by projectv View Post
    Not much of a sneak peek. Just something that you should have added in the first place.
    Im not impressed by this back peddling ... implementing this feature should have been done better. I still donít believe you should pay any amount since youíve already purchased it outright.

Good news, thank you SC. How about reducing the cost for the first purchase too? In this way, many low level players would be able to use her too.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyngby View Post
    Do I understand this ? ( English is not a easy language )
    Am going to pay one more time for the same things I already have playd for one time ? If I like to get them back on my house ,car or shop
    Ok well I have so much coins that they are unimportant ,
    BUT HD is this fair ??
    HD team are you certain players that dont have that much coins will think that it is FUN ?
    You do understand this right however I think you may not understand the extra possibility this change brings so I will give an example.

When you buy a blue house from Maggie you pay a price to have the blue house installed.
    This price could be vouchers, coins or diamonds. The blue house is yours to keep as long as you leave it.

Lets say you have the blue house and Maggie now offers you a red house, you pay her a certain price again and she paints the house red.

Now after a few weeks you decide you want the blue house back for whatever reason.
    Currently (before the next update) you have to wait for Maggie to offer the blue house again. This can take a long time and you have to pay the full price again.
    After the next update: you can have Maggie paint the house blue again for a reduced price as long as Maggie is on your farm.
    Such a buy back will also never cost diamonds even if the original price to get something did cost diamonds.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by ClipClop View Post
    Much better but not perfect.

I mean, the pigs donít die in hay day after they have bacon taken from them and the lobsters go back into the water after having lobster meat taken from them. This is more in line with the trees having such a limited number of times theyíll bear fruit. Itís way more of a game mechanic than striving for realism, which is fair enough.
    I agree some things are different than real life which is great. I don't really want to see a pig getting slaughtered nor lobsters getting their tails ripped off so I can make a salad. I posted this on Facebook (below) for my followers as an easy way for some of them to see or feel the change as being more acceptable. Personally I'm glad we can buy back. I wanted this from day one before it came out and I glad as part of V2 it's happened. I can't wait for V3.

One thing i will remind everyone though is Maggie is like Tom or the visitors and we can choose to use, sell or not as per our style. It doesn't really affect the game that much to leave her be. I would like though for the future that we can get special deals like with Tom. Now that would be a good direction to go.

Posted to Facebook
    "Okay I agree Maggie is pricy. I went from 4m to 700k in such a short time. Oh well

Maggie is a builder. She is expensive like real builders. We complain about that too. ��

In real life the first renovation is pricey as there are unexpected issues, the sucking through teeth of the builder, the cost of paint at B&Q, the wages for workers who sit on their butts wolf whistling as you walk past plus the wood rot.

Once it's all done though we love it.

Now many moons later the wife isn't happy. She wants to change it. You say but darling we don't have the money, she cuts you off from your favourite meals as you think you are poor.

You give in and Maggie comes back. She knows that the work is easier the second time and faster too so she gives a discount. She is not free as B&Q are still pricy and the new paint you need is glossy, the tiles for the roof are real slate, the wheels on the car are flashy but it's still cheaper.

You kiss Maggie, shake her hand and pass over the cash. She does the work. Says sucker. �� and now your wife is happy. Yeah now I can have steak for dinner."
    Last edited by Ranger; June 23rd, 2018 at 12:56 PM.

I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by SareighaR View Post
    I am still not thrilled with Maggie. I feel like players should be able to interchange freely among the style selections once they're bought.
    Live - Every moment
    Laugh - Every Day
    Love - Beyond words

Centennial Club
    Thanks you. Good news. Like that we build the new building and store old buildings to use. Really can buy back and give back coins also can give back vouchers and diamonds more good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I agree some things are different than real life which is great. I don't really want to see a pig getting slaughtered nor lobsters getting their tails ripped off so I can make a salad. I posted this on Facebook (below) for my followers as an easy way for some of them to see or feel the change as being more acceptable. Personally I'm glad we can buy back. I wanted this from day one before it came out and I glad as part of V2 it's happened. I can't wait for V3.

One thing i will remind everyone though is Maggie is like Tom or the visitors and we can choose to use, sell or not as per our style. It doesn't really affect the game that much to leave her be. I would like though for the future that we can get special deals like with Tom. Now that would be a good direction to go.

Posted to Facebook
    "Okay I agree Maggie is pricy. I went from 4m to 700k in such a short time. Oh well

Maggie is a builder. She is expensive like real builders. We complain about that too. ��

In real life the first renovation is pricey as there are unexpected issues, the sucking through teeth of the builder, the cost of paint at B&Q, the wages for workers who sit on their butts wolf whistling as you walk past plus the wood rot.

Once it's all done though we love it.

Now many moons later the wife isn't happy. She wants to change it. You say but darling we don't have the money, she cuts you off from your favourite meals as you think you are poor.

You give in and Maggie comes back. She knows that the work is easier the second time and faster too so she gives a discount. She is not free as B&Q are still pricy and the new paint you need is glossy, the tiles for the roof are real slate, the wheels on the car are flashy but it's still cheaper.

You kiss Maggie, shake her hand and pass over the cash. She does the work. Says sucker. �� and now your wife is happy. Yeah now I can have steak for dinner."
    Cherry picking what is like real life and what isn’t doesn’t validate your argument. Make it a game friendly implementation and do not penalise players for lack of thought.