Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Notification Issue

Trainee

Notification Issue

When TH12 update Comes, Supercell Says we Are able to Turn Off the Game Notifications. But there are no work. I Off All Notifications but Still my Phone Vibrates. Still i Receive Notifications, when i am not Playing the Game. If Your Technicians are Unable to Turn off the Game Notifications. PLEASE TELL THEM TO TURN OFF THE VIBRATION. ADD A SETTING OF GAME VIBRATION ON/OFF. PLEASE !!!
    Debraj Mukherjee

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Why don't you just shutoff your notifications for the app in your device's settings? Every device has the ability to control whether or not you receive any notifications. I have mine shutoff.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 681 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Why don't you just shutoff your notifications for the app in your device's settings? Every device has the ability to control whether or not you receive any notifications. I have mine shutoff.
    I tried, but when i Switch off and then Switch on the phone The clash of Clans Notifications are turned on. Thats why i requested for a setting for Game Vibration OFF !!!

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Debraj69 View Post
    I tried, but when i Switch off and then Switch on the phone The clash of Clans Notifications are turned on. Thats why i requested for a setting for Game Vibration OFF !!!
    Really? That doesn't sound right. If you turn off notifications altogether in your device's settings, the application can't override that setting. Please post a picture of your device's settings screen where you're disabling all the notifications for the Clasn of Clans application.

If you're unfamiliar with how to post pictures on the forum, upload them to an image hosting site like Postimage.org and then include links to the pictures in the message you post here.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 681 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Really? That doesn't sound right. If you turn off notifications altogether in your device's settings, the application can't override that setting. Please post a picture of your device's settings screen where you're disabling all the notifications for the Clasn of Clans application.

If you're unfamiliar with how to post pictures on the forum, upload them to an image hosting site like Postimage.org and then include links to the pictures in the message you post here.
    https://postimg.cc/image/607l8mrs7/

Quote Originally Posted by Debraj69 View Post
    That pic shows the application setting. There are settings, and more settings. What Sharky is referring to is disabling at the OS level, as opposed to the application level.

Android? If so, look in the settings (*1)for Device, then Sounds and Notifications. Tap on Application Notifications. Find Clash of Clans, tap on it. What you are looking for is something like this (*1) ...

Note the top setting, if switched off, stops all screen notifications, sound notifications, vibration notifications, etc..

The setting you found, and unchecked at app settings level, was Show notifications. That is do not show them on the screen but neither disable them totally, which still allows non-screen (not shown) notifications such as sound or vibrate.

(*1) Not all Android devices have the same Setting panels. But somewhere in your Settings you should have the equivalent.
    Last edited by rowman; June 22nd, 2018 at 11:22 PM.