Thread: Make Clan War Damage Cumulative

Make Clan War Damage Cumulative

Teamwork! The essence of what goes into making a clan successful.

Clan Games- great.
    Donating- great.
    Challenges- great.
    Clan Wars- great?

Yes, it was inevitable that at some time I should return to the forums, and now having restarted the game as a lowly noob I humbly present my latest innovative concept: Cumulative Clan War Damage.

Let me explain further.

The Clan War landscape presents itself to us as this sprawling, scrollable map of villages. Villages that have already been attacked, regardless of whether the attack was a failure, mediocre, or gangbusters, will display the number of stars for that attack on the map, along with a smoldering (or not, there's always that one guy who can't star a base to save their life) town hall left behind.

Wouldn't it make sense for previously attacked bases to retain whatever damage they took in the initial attack, allowing successive attackers to add to the damage already done? This would have no effect on Clan Castle defensive troops, who will replenish after each attack.

THE BENEFITS:

- More power to the little guy
    Lower and mid-level clan members can contribute to the overall war effort by making focused attacks on higher-level bases.

-Strategy of attack
    Having two attacks to use in war now becomes a critical tool. Making an initial three-star attack means that you can use your second attack as a cumulative attack on a higher base. This is especially empowering for lower-level members who simply don't have the strategic capacity in terms of troops and spells to attack more than two or three above their rank.

- Epic collaboration
    In mismatched wars (Heck, or evenly matched wars!) high-level members can collaborate and plan two, three, or four-phase attacks on high-level bases, giving even the strongest defenses a run for their money.

- Better use of notes
    Let's face it. You don't use notes a lot. I use them to tell my fellow clan mates what's in the CC if I don't 3 star. But barely anyone reads notes. If you're collaborating on an attack, using notes is now an incredibly powerful communication tool to briefly summarize your strategy, what traps you set off, CC troops, advice, etc. WITHOUT the next attacker needing to watch the replay.

- Improved clan teamwork
    When's the last time you coordinated an attack with your best bud? That's right, NEVER. Communication and saving/using your two war attacks is now key to ensuring that all attacks are a step towards victory.

BUT JULEZ...

How do you get around the fact that wars are wayyy more likely to be perfect draws, with full stars and 100% damage?

I'm glad you asked. See, in this new system, a war victory must also factor in the number of attacks it takes to three-star a base. This is more or less already in place with the average destroyed percentage counter. A new counter, which will display average stars per attack, will be reflective of the number of attacks that it takes to three star a village. For example, if the #1 enemy village is attacked three times for a total of 97% destroyed and two stars, the average stars per attack for that village is 0.667. Stars Per Attack will be weighted against Destroyed Percentage when calculating war victory.

Additionally... Supercell might consider increasing war clan castle defensive capacity. This makes CC troops a larger part of war attacks and would present a greater challenge to attackers.

That's it. Sorry, no pictures. Lemme know if you love it. Lemme know if you hate it. Lemme know if you just don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    Right bye. can't talk. must ban trolls.
    Plane Geek and Forum Nerd- PM ME to chat! Join my new FORUM CLAN ALLIANCE today!
    Got a friend you want to give a shoutout to? Compliment them on the FORUM COMPLIMENTS thread!

Came back to make this exact same point again, forgetting I had already written an entire thread on it. Still think this would make war gameplay more interesting... Haven't played in CWLs yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    Right bye. can't talk. must ban trolls.
    Plane Geek and Forum Nerd- PM ME to chat! Join my new FORUM CLAN ALLIANCE today!
    Got a friend you want to give a shoutout to? Compliment them on the FORUM COMPLIMENTS thread!

Forum Veteran
    This takes us back to the exact same issue we have in regular wars, multiple attacks. I am a big proponent of the one attack rule in CWL as it exists today because it hampers those who want to engineer through offense heaviness. Interesting concept but no thanks.

Centennial Club
    I used to have another idea to avoid engineering base: each player needs to provide two layouts in each clan war and each layout can only be attacked once. Later the CWL was out, and my idea seems exactly to double the CWL attacks.

You will only see draws like this. Each guy can easily 3 star his opposite if he cn attack him twice without his base resetting

Centennial Club
    Honestly I kind of like this I idea and I also see the problem with it. However, every problem has a solution and with a solution comes change.
    So this is my idea, what if you add buildings only present in the war or increase the number of buildings already present. Like 5 inferno tower or 2 eagle artillery. With this implementation the playing field will be equalised. Balancing accumulative attack with double base size.
    Just saying. What do you think?