Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about supercell ID and the email you use for it

Question about supercell ID and the email you use for it

So I started clash long before supercell ID was a thing, back when we had to use a Google play account. Every Google play account is tied to an email address. But what if you decide to tie your supercell ID to a different email address than the one that was originally linked to your Google play account?

I've come across this situation in clash royale and figured it probably also applies to the rest of the supercell games. I tried to make an in-app purchase but it brings up the email that was tied to the Google play account I used to first open that account. Which is a problem because I have saved up some money from the Google opinion rewards app that I want to apply toward my purchase. Unfortunately the rewards are for the email address tied to my supercell ID and not the Google play account, so it doesn't give me the option of using those rewards. Any workaround here?
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; June 20th, 2018 at 09:47 PM.
    | BK 70 | AQ 70 | GW 42 | RC 10 |

The SC ID email has nothing to do with how you would purchase something. You would still use your Google play store account to purchase items. To buy something with the email you used your SC ID for you have to switch accounts on your phone.
    th12: 65/65/40 | 61/63/36 | 57/62/31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I totally understand, that there are several leauges in each tier. That is so obvious, that it is insulting to act, like I didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I know, it isn't easy for normal people to understand the thoughts of a genius.

Forum Elder
    They are two separate systems.
    You can use any email for SCID.
    To purchase something, you need to log into the right Google ID on your device settings for payment.

It seems the only solution is to completely remove that email from my device then
    | BK 70 | AQ 70 | GW 42 | RC 10 |

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    It seems the only solution is to completely remove that email from my device then
    Not at all. The answer is to log into that google ID account *on the phone* (nothing to do with how the games set) when you want purchase, until the money is off that old account, then set up a source of money on whatever google ID you want to use instead of that old one *for the phone*. Zero connection to what you do in game for account backup/security, where it stays attached to its SC ID permanently. The phone handles the payment with google, not the game itself which is just a portal between you and your entering a payment authorisation for google to pay SC for your in app purchase. Basically your problem is a google/phone set up one, nothing to do with SC ID.
    Last edited by Tomville; June 21st, 2018 at 12:46 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Quote Originally Posted by fritir View Post
    It shouldn't be a problem, as there'll be a pop up asking which one do you want to use for payment method. But in one extreme case I encountered, the developer (not Supercell) wrote a horribly designed code so that it always pointed out to the wrong email address. If your case is similar, then you won't be able to even select that Google ID which has your rewards.

I had this same issue once.So, i removed the google id from my phone.Then another id cam for payment. So i removed that also.
    At last the required id came for payment.
    #8Y20PLLPJ

I have another question that is related.

I have a mini account that I have tied to an email account I want to delete, (the email not the account). I have not set up a SC ID on this account either... its still old school.

I have never tried to change an email tied any of my coc accounts before - so can you? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Signed: Thread hijacker
    Skrivo
    TH12
    Leader of war clan's vVv & sPu

Quote Originally Posted by ASK8Y20PLLPJ View Post
    I had this same issue once.So, i removed the google id from my phone.Then another id cam for payment. So i removed that also.
    At last the required id came for payment.

Same problem here. When you have multiple accounts on phone, we should be able to choose the one for payment

Quote Originally Posted by BlacklightMG View Post
    Same problem here. When you have multiple accounts on phone, we should be able to choose the one for payment
    Tell that to Android and Google, as it’s their design giving rise to issues there. Apple has it far simpler and more intuitive on that one, a whole separate area of settings that asks you what ID you want the device to use for payments as distinct from what ID you want to be using for other things. (Thats not to say Apple is better overall, for one it was a huge pain to have multiple games on one device before SC ID due to their design). This isn’t a game issue but rather an underlying device issue.
    Last edited by Tomville; June 21st, 2018 at 01:31 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

If I'm understanding correctly, you just need to change your Android device's settings. Go to your app's, find Google Settings, (It might be in a Google folder), click on Google Account, then you will see a drop down arrow, pick the Google account you want.

I had the same thing. I have 10 Google accounts (Gmails) on my tablet. I tried purchasing gems but it was bringing up the wrong account. I just did the above and it resolved issue.