Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No war for Engineers?

Banned

No war for Engineers?

I know a couple of clans whose entire roster consists of engineers from middle to bottom except few maxed accounts at the top. For past 3 days, they are unable to match vs any clan. Are there any other engineer clans that are facing this issue OR they are alone in this boat?

Would love to see feedback from players of other engineer clans.

Quote Originally Posted by chaudryirfan View Post
    I know a couple of clans whose entire roster consists of engineers from middle to bottom except few maxed accounts at the top. For past 3 days, they are unable to match vs any clan. Are there any other engineer clans that are facing this issue OR they are alone in this boat?

Would love to see feedback from players of other engineer clans.
    We have an engineered clan and have been finding it hard to find matches. Our last match took about 38 hours of searching in total.

It isn't just engineered clans that are finding it hard to match, lots of reports of casual clans not being able to match either so I dunno what supercell is doing to cause it.

Yeah... MM is Better From December 2017 i tried to put engineered bases into war but its taking too much time for finding opponent.. Then i tried mixture of few maxed and at middle engineered bases then again we faces long search in war... Finally i tried all maxed bases into war and we getting match within 1 hour everytime and always great matchup... (Getting win streak upto 20 always) No any engineered bases in opponent too.. Now i fully satisfied with MM algorithm.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbankar7 View Post
    Yeah... MM is Better From December 2017 i tried to put engineered bases into war but its taking too much time for finding opponent.. Then i tried mixture of few maxed and at middle engineered bases then again we faces long search in war... Finally i tried all maxed bases into war and we getting match within 1 hour everytime and always great matchup... (Getting win streak upto 20 always) No any engineered bases in opponent too.. Now i fully satisfied with MM algorithm.

What is your war roster Pbankar. It may help other clans for good war matches.

I wonder if this is part of the effect, from Supercell making everyone have to build all defences, before upgrading the town hall.

This has the potential (obviously intentional) of reducing the number of engineered bases for War. The follow on to this, is that it will become more difficult to find matches for an engineered clan - there are less engineered clans for you to match up to.

Try rolling a war with just balanced bases (even just a small war) - see how long the search takes.
    For what it's worth, in my two clans (maxer th9-12 bases, and casual th8-th11 bases) we find wars in around an hour or two at most.

And I will continue, stubbornly saying that something like an "engineering village" does not exist. Since the software allows you to create ANY village, it means that it is acceptable by the system and MUST be supported by the MM algorithm.

It's supported, you might just have to wait a few days until it finds another like minded clan.

Quote Originally Posted by tmykrk View Post
    And I will continue, stubbornly saying that something like an "engineering village" does not exist. Since the software allows you to create ANY village, it means that it is acceptable by the system and MUST be supported by the MM algorithm.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Engineering is a community term, not a SC term. It has existed since the beginning of Clan Wars.
    It's defined by the community, regardless of the software or current perception of the MM algorithm.
    To suggest that a community term , like "Engineering" doesn't exist is like saying GoWipe doesn't exist because some players may call it WipeGo.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-49-20.

And continue stubbornly getting no matches too it would seem. It is hard to know whether the matchmaker is preventing war intentionally (I doubt it) or just making it hard by insisting on a close match (I suspect this is the case). As others have said, it is entirely possible with the recent update and clear noises coming that engineering will be at zero advantage or perhaps a disadvantage at some point this year, the pool of engineered clans warring is reducing making your matching pool smaller. Add to that the diversity of build in engineering clans and finding a match may become close to impossible unless you run a common engineered roster. My guess: they have tightened up war matchmaking so only close matches are possible, and your roster is sufficiently unusual as to have no close matches out there. I would suggest you can continue your stubborn stance as long as you like, if you want war, you may need to *ahem* adapt?

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    (...) I would suggest you can continue your stubborn stance as long as you like, if you want war, you may need to *ahem* adapt?
    :-)
    Well, there is a problem, because I adapted to the requirements: I installed the game, I created a village, I'm in a clan with a minimum of 10 players. As far as I know, there are no more requirements ....

I'm sorry, but those are the rules written by SC. Nothing more than that!

Regards.
    T.