Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: No war for Engineers?

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Of course kiddie land th9 and below war is fast, my low lvl engineer clan also got 1 hour match even tho all engineered bases
    That's good feedback and it proves that engineering is alive and well when end game bases are not involved. And I like that term "kiddie land"...

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    i don't think it's a bug.

it's most likely there are more stringent requirements to match now and th12 added a whole new layer of checks to the mix.

our matches went from 6-12 hours the first week back down to 45 minutes-2 hours since then. much more reasonable now
    Exactly this ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    We have an engineered clan and have been finding it hard to find matches. Our last match took about 38 hours of searching in total.

It isn't just engineered clans that are finding it hard to match, lots of reports of casual clans not being able to match either so I dunno what supercell is doing to cause it.
    It is not Supercell's fault if "some people" decide to try to manipulate things to gain an advantage (Which is the reason for "engineering") The MM can only work on a supposed level playing field. One way to stop engineering is to only allow Same level or Higher level TH attacks in wars, this would put engineering at a big disadvantsge. It woud also make Clan leaders trhink twice about entering an engineered yard. Yes people would put very low level accts in at the bottom to try togain advantage, but then everyone would be doing it and it would give new players a bonus in that Clans would welcome them - no matter how strong the Clan was overall.
    Last edited by Hanx53; 4 Days Ago at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanx53 View Post
    It is not Supercell's fault if "some people" decide to try to manipulate things to gain an advantage (Which is the reason for "engineering") The MM can only work on a supposed level playing field. One way to stop engineering is to only allow Same level or Higher level TH attacks in wars, this would put engineering at a big disadvantsge. It woud also make Clan leaders trhink twice about entering an engineered yard. Yes people would put very low level accts in at the bottom to try togain advantage, but then everyone would be doing it and it would give new players a bonus in that Clans would welcome them - no matter how strong the Clan was overall.
    Engineers simply build their bases the way the matchmaker tells them is the best way to build them. If the matchmaker has flaws and SC makes the matchmaker, whose fault is it?
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    I wonder if this is part of the effect, from Supercell making everyone have to build all defences, before upgrading the town hall.

This has the potential (obviously intentional) of reducing the number of engineered bases for War. The follow on to this, is that it will become more difficult to find matches for an engineered clan - there are less engineered clans for you to match up to.

Try rolling a war with just balanced bases (even just a small war) - see how long the search takes.
    For what it's worth, in my two clans (maxer th9-12 bases, and casual th8-th11 bases) we find wars in around an hour or two at most.
    Yeah mate. This has been put forward many times. What we term as "engineered", in its current/previous form, will die of natural causes, as players adapt their accounts in line with the current requirements, in order to advance. And since no new accounts can be created, the end will come as a natural effect.

Quote Originally Posted by tmykrk View Post
    And I will continue, stubbornly saying that something like an "engineering village" does not exist. Since the software allows you to create ANY village, it means that it is acceptable by the system and MUST be supported by the MM algorithm.
    And you are correct mate. As previously stated, the forum termed accounts as engineered. In reality, all players are engineering as they are building an account within the game. But extreme builds, that took advantage of the MM, got special mention. And it is supported. As to whether your particular choices are popular enough to engage in the sub game, which is clan war, is subject to influences beyond SC's control. If their is a clan searching that is similar to yours, you get your war.

Quote Originally Posted by tmykrk View Post
    :-)
    Well, there is a problem, because I adapted to the requirements: I installed the game, I created a village, I'm in a clan with a minimum of 10 players. As far as I know, there are no more requirements ....

I'm sorry, but those are the rules written by SC. Nothing more than that!

Regards.
    T.
    As stated above, SC are not excluding you from war. If you do not get a match, then it simply means nobody is searching at that time, with a roster that matches yours. Just keep trying, maybe someone will happen along. Am sure you would not want a silly match, that has an obvious outcome, as soon as the match is made. And even if you are ok with that, then there will be equal number of players on your opposition side, that may not agree.
    Of course you could adapt, but why should you. You followed all the rules, as set out by SC, so just keep trying mate. Good luck.

Dang.. old post.. Wished I would look first. Stupid me. I went back to page 1.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Days Ago at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Engineers simply build their bases the way the matchmaker tells them is the best way to build them. If the matchmaker has flaws and SC makes the matchmaker, whose fault is it?
    Exactly. Spent years creating a clan to win wars, now SC changes MM and I cannot find a match. What once took hours now takes several days if one is even found.

Quote Originally Posted by NovoClash View Post
    Exactly. Spent years creating a clan to win wars, now SC changes MM and I cannot find a match. What once took hours now takes several days if one is even found.
    Well then, there we go mate. you created an engineered clan to win wars. Maybe you need to re-engineer, in order to get things back on track.
    The optimisers created in such a way, that any significant change to the format, would only require a tweak or two, to rectify. For those that went full on with the lop sided, offence heavy accounts, then lack of foresight can be as much to blame as SC

I'm seeing 1-2 hour searches. Cocp.it puts us at 30% engineered, though that'll drop as the site catches up to the fact that two of our engineered bases went to th12.
    There's no blanket "engineers can't match" function in place, you can probably match with a few tweaks. Play with the roster, add some maxxers, correct heavily lopsided accounts.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

Base engineering doesn’t cause long searches. Roster engineering or some other type of odd roster does cause long searches.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Base engineering doesn’t cause long searches. Roster engineering or some other type of odd roster does cause long searches.
    In general I agree, but after a recent experience I’m thinking there’s more going on. I went to visit friends in a B.B. push clan and they asked me to do a war with them as they want the exp to get clan perks. They are totally B.B. focused clan, so it’s the kind of war where people may well not even attack and that’s ok. It’s a clan of those who don’t much play main base, or really haven’t much for a long time, so has an odd mix of bases with overall lower or average heros, lagging walls, some a little but not greatly rushed, and some just built odd ways (a th12 with appropriate enough sized defences but yellow and pink walls, for example). They took a very odd lineup to war, 4 th12 including “pinky” with the other 3 visitors with strong bases, 1 th11, 3 th10, 5 th9, a th8 and a th6. They matched in under an hour, which surprised me. I wonder if their overall profile had an effect - unlike a serious war clan most of them were slightly defence lopsided, with average-middling heros, and indifferent walls. In light of that I suspect the ones with long searches might be unlike my odd lineup builder base focused friends on the heros, walls, and offence fronts.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 15 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

I think the cause of the changed search times might originate from the changed war weight values, Darian has confimed there were changes made around the release of th12. https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...arian/e19ly03/

One possible theory could be that after this change some clan war roster landed in a blind spot accidentially. After the change the former similar clans might have been moved to other pools, while some clans find themselves in abandonded war weight areas.
    Last edited by higgsbosons; 3 Days Ago at 01:27 PM.