Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No war for Engineers?

Quote Originally Posted by sbauer9 View Post
    My clan got a match after 2 days of trying, we it run all day and the cancelled after about 16 hours so would would not have it ending when no one is on. Third try took 2-3 hours. We didnt change our clan composition. We have 11 th12s and maybe 10 engineered bases out of 40. I was wondering if all the 12a make us hard to match rather than the engineered.
    I don't see why something like that shouldn't be able to match because if you have TH12s, you would defend anything but TH12s with a proper layout so it isn't like you have so much offense that you would be seeing perfect ties on a consistent basis.

Centennial Club
    after the update we weren't getting any matches our line up wasn't showing up and showing up in the wrong order. I think the 1st few days we searched 2, 24 hour stretches sent an in game complaint to SC, not sure if that helped but now were matching about like b4 the update. I think if you stick with it, it will come around. Clan **The Family** #UJPLO228
    Last edited by alcusmc; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:39 PM.

Our roster runs as much as 20% engineers with no negative effect on search time.

Try running larger wars. 20v20 is good. 30v30 is better.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Our roster runs as much as 20% engineers with no negative effect on search time.

Try running larger wars. 20v20 is good. 30v30 is better.
    Or it may be nothing to do with engineering at all ...

In https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...5#post11751205 I suggested there could be two reasons, a) a bug, b) tighter matching since update making uncommon rosters harder to match.

frainlll comfirmed a) that there is a bug in war mm atm that is effecting some people https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1736875-War-search-time?p=11747013#post11747013

Since we don't know what causes you to hit the bug, and we have reports of league line ups with zero engineering and almost entirely max bases not matching, your suggestion to change your roster, try larger wars, would seem a good way to try to avoid a) ... do something different and see if that allows you to get a war going!
    Last edited by nobeone; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:05 PM.

I've spun last two days and no match. Ended first one at 23.5 hours. Changed line up and now it keeps spinning. No match. May be the end of the road for my clash run.

Quote Originally Posted by NovoClash View Post
    I've spun last two days and no match. Ended first one at 23.5 hours. Changed line up and now it keeps spinning. No match. May be the end of the road for my clash run.

As you are probably aware. It will only match reasonably similar clans/rosters. If there is nobody spinning that is similar, then the search will continue. You have changed line up, but has that changed the look of your roster significantly enough to alter the criteria in order to match?. It could be, without knowing your details, that the pool from which you got your previous matches, has shifted due to natural movement of accounts with the th12 addition.
    Everyone has a choice. Can either adapt, and find a new sweet spot for your roster to draw from, or if playing a particular way is the only way you will continue with the game, then maybe it is, indeed the end of the road.

are there any more engineer clans that are having issues with war matchmaking Or are you one of those rare ones that are getting success even after the update?

Please do mention your spin number 50 v 50, 40 v 40, 30 v 30, 25 v 50 etc..........
    Last edited by chaudryirfan; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaudryirfan View Post
    are there any more engineer clans that are having issues with war matchmaking Or are you one of those rare ones that are getting success even after the update?

Please do mention your spin number 50 v 50, 40 v 40, 30 v 30, 25 v 50 etc..........
    Since update:
    I engineer in 1 clan with 4 accounts. Lineup varies from 15 vs 15 to 10 vs 10 with range TH12 - TH7. 2 TH12, 2 TH11, rest is mixed bag of TH10 / defenseless TH11 / TH9 max / TH8 / TH7 mortarless.

Other clan I do not engineer and has 5 TH12, 3 TH11, 1 TH10, 1 TH9 as 10 vs 10 and 6 TH12, 5 TH11, 3 TH10, 1 TH9 for 15vs 15.

Both clans no problems finding a match within half an hour. I really do not understand what weird rosters people are using to get no match because in my (limited) experience there is no bug at all.

Larger wars work better 25v stopped pairing months ago 30v or 40v will pair quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    Or it may be nothing to do with engineering at all ...

In https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...5#post11751205 I suggested there could be two reasons, a) a bug, b) tighter matching since update making uncommon rosters harder to match.

frainlll comfirmed a) that there is a bug in war mm atm that is effecting some people https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1736875-War-search-time?p=11747013#post11747013

Since we don't know what causes you to hit the bug, and we have reports of league line ups with zero engineering and almost entirely max bases not matching, your suggestion to change your roster, try larger wars, would seem a good way to try to avoid a) ... do something different and see if that allows you to get a war going!
    So we are believing some poster now? If SC doesn't come out and say there is a bug, I do not believe that at all.

Mostly engineers are complaining on the forum about the war searches.

It has probably much, much more to do with using players that are too rushed for their own good or heavy engineering both on offense and defense side.