Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mystery Derby!

I quite like Mystery Derbys, no waiting around for tasks, close your eyes and take your pick, etc.

This weeks is being spoiled, again, by the number of really long tasks. We have 15 opted in and have had 4 goats milk, 4 wool and 2 bacon tasks so far. Plus 4 long crop tasks (strawberries, potatoes, tomatoes etc).

Quite a few players are saying they will opt out in future if the tasks aren’t rebalanced
    Clover íGirls' 20+ adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 75+ please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC

This week for me the mystery derby was pure luck. I fared well but my 2 hoodies not so much. Between them they have had roasted tomatoes(16 of them), hot dogs (25 of them), hot chocolate (23 of them), syrup (15 of them) 290 cotton fields, 70 milk to name a few. Just glad we havenít had goat, bacon, strawberries or tomatoes. But they are still only on their 5th & 6th tasks so who knows. Itís really disheartening as the 1st place team is already done with derby. Just donít understand how they finished so quickly. Granted our team will use diamonds to call boats and to call trains for town task, but when you have a production or harvest task you would be spending hundreds of diamonds to complete tasks. Or else they were really lucky and didnít have any production or harvesting tasks? If thatís the case thatís just completely unfair to the other teams they are competing with. Someone please explain this to me. (Someone meaning Hayday Supercell)

I don’t think Supercell are going to be doing any explaining..they would only say it’s random anyway. There were only 2 of us in the derby this week, and we finished yesterday..but we’re only in rookie league so only did 6 tasks. We did get production and harvest tasks...growing chilli peppers and rice, so much better than tomatoes or strawberries. My hoodie had 14 sugar syrup task but already had that machine stacked with half of them and we had several individual town tasks but both had full towns of ready served people and didn’t have to wait for many additional ones to arrive. We didn’t pull trains, but I pulled boats on my last task. We had one help task and one mining in the mix, so were lucky with that, and I did the fishing task in one round with the help of the event going on. I don’t see this derby or any derby as unfair..though some are more challenging than others. We don’t use diamonds to speed production tasks and in my opinion anyone using diamonds for a harvest task would be crazy!

It’s certainly ‘random’.

We have 4 players finished (10) or on their last, some in the middle and 3 unlucky players on their second or third task. Since I posted yesterday we have got another 3 goats milk and 1 more wool, that seems ‘weighted’ rather than ‘random’ to me.

One player got 41 goats milk, followed by wool and is now lumbered with a tomato task...she’s not very happy about that .

With all the goats milk tasks around we will probably stop taking Mystery tasks on Saturday so we can be sure of finishing.
    Clover íGirls' 20+ adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 75+ please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC

Oh my word AnnPan, that is really harsh. I was prepared to get at least one goat milk or similar but that didn’t happen. Maybe we were luckier being in rookie league(we are high levels but don’t normally derby). I really feel for your poor hoodie with the long tasks-it must be so frustrating.

Forum Superstar
    Oh nooooo! I'm so sorry for your hoodie, Annpan! I had a good one (fishing), then a not so great one (9 grandmasters, but I only had 2 to start with), now I've got 21 general townies.

I've managed not to be stupid on my mini farm so far
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; June 21st, 2018 at 06:58 AM.
    Hay Day farm level 88 -Town Reputation level 20
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    11/12 sanctuary animals- 6 adults, 5 babies (SOON!!!!) - Done gathering expansion permits
    Started September 2014! (not in a hurry.)
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 47/Rep 12~