Thread: What is your thought about having a discord server for your neighbourhood.

What is your thought about having a discord server for your neighbourhood.

I would say that is not important at all, in case of Hay Day. But surely it will fun to have one though.

What is your thought regarding having a discord or making a discord server for your neighbourhood?. What are the benefits do you find to have a discord server?. Do you have any plan to create a discord server for your NH?

Oh! The sun rays, i am a peasant.

My usuall work is cultivation but sometimes i fight.

Millennial Club
    I have no idea what you are talking about - what in heavens name is a discord server
    Last edited by mdcfc; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:56 PM.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about - what in heavens name is a discord server
    I believe the OP just means using a 3rd party communication tool
    Farm 135
    CoC TH9 BhB8 AQ 25 BK 16
    established level 13 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Forum Superstar
    Yes, that's what it is about. Discord is a specific example of a chat program, which I think is mostly linked to gaming. My small farm's NH has a Slack server dedicated to it (which I think is a more professional program?). My main farm's NH has a whatsapp group but it isn't all that active

Now I think it's great - in a busy NH, chat is going to be limited because you can't see everything (even if you did want to scroll all the way up all the time). Now the notification messages help, but they aren't perfect.

With a NH-specific Discord/Slack server, Facebook group, or anything like it... You can actually read back more easily. It's easier to communicate about everything NH related. It's easier to reserve tasks (if your NH does it). And most of all, messages DON'T DISAPPEAR when chat is busy. That, and any notification messages aren't restricted to 160 characters.

So I'm all for it, LOL
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:25 PM.
    Hay Day farm level 85 -Town Reputation level 19
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    8/12 sanctuary animals- 6 adults, 2 babies - Done gathering expansion permits
    Started September 2014! (not in a hurry.)
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 38~

Centennial Club
    We use Kik to communicate offline with the co-leader. And I know some hoodies are FB friends (I’m not on FB myself). If anyone want to get in touch offline then why not?
    Farm: Bunny Ranch
    NH: Atlantic to Pacific Co-op

Millennial Club
    We have a messenger group for extra comms, probably only around half the hood use messenger so it’s not required. We could get by quite happily without it now we have the neighbourhood notifications stickies in game chat
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

I was thinking of creating one for my hood, not sure I would have enough interest from my members. Is there any kind of server set up where numerous neighbourhoods get together and collaborate? I think it would be great for the derby and the events - like the help ones.

If there is anything like that could you let me know, if not I will probably just set up my own server.

EDIT: I did it you guys!

You all are more than welcome to join...link here https://discord.gg/XvgFe5G
    Last edited by MissPoppie; 1 Week Ago at 09:45 AM. Reason: adding in bits I forgot <3

We have a messenger group and it is required for my hood. I can not imagine running a hood effectively without it. Stuff in the feed disappears too quickly and even the neighborhood notification tab is simply too limiting. We need something fluid where we can post pictures (such as the bingo board) discuss changes n strategy, make requests, etc. No one is required to post anything, just to check once a day. I also find that it builds a wonderful group cohesion. My neighborhood feels like an extended family. We talk and joke and post pics of our families. But for me personally, it enables me as the leader to be able to get in touch with people individually. If things need to be discussed one on one, for example. I have dealt with many problem situations this way which has enabled us to keep hood very friendly and pleasant.
    Happy Haven; Level 112 Town 30
    Achievements: 142/144
    kik: happyhavens
    ​My awesome signature by Planck

We set up a group on Line app. We have not used it in months. Then again, we are a neighborhood of family members and family friends so we can communicate personally outside of the game already anyway.
    Level 103 Farm
    Event Data Nut
    All land expanded
    Barn: 4900 Silo: 4200
    9/12 Sanctuary Animals