Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What are you doing with your defenseless account?

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    So how about I roster engineer a clan with 10 x TH12s, and 10 x TH4's? Those TH4's are going to save me a lot of stars under your idea.
    What makes you think that you would have an advantage with that roster?
    Let say that your opponent would have less TH12, maybe 7/8, that would make you have to do 12/13 dip attacks...

Edit: And only one attack to each opponent's TH12's, so the best attackers would probably won that war
    Last edited by MBNet; 1 Day Ago at 01:17 PM.

Centennial Club
    Engineering still exist! Keep playing your engineered accounts.
    PS: I don't have one

Quote Originally Posted by MBNet View Post
    What makes you think that you would have an advantage with that roster?
    Let say that your opponent would have less TH12, maybe 7/8, that would make you have to do 12/13 dip attacks...

Edit: And only one attack to each opponent's TH12's, so the best attackers would probably won that war
    He thinks it because he knows the matchmaker doesnít let such crude roster engineering match so advantageously but rather delivers a match where the top ends are very similar in the number of 12s even if it needs ignore most of the bottom. Itís been doing that for months now.
    Last edited by Tomville; 1 Day Ago at 01:33 PM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 15 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    Donít underestimate the wall wrecker: post th12 update that kind of base has become th10 bait (especially if not all built defences are max th11 level, or it is missing any besides the 3 you state). It probably just hasnít happened yet as there are not yet so many donated wall wreckers in circulation that most serious warring 10s could become well practiced with them.
    I've "always" been a TH11 maxed with all defenses and walls built and at TH11 level, so a TH10 won't 3-star me, but I do feel like it's reasonably possible to 3-star any TH11 with this last update, so engineering isn't "needed" anymore. I haven't warred yet (upgrading heroes), but it feels like TH11 will be fun as lower levels are (that is, you can 3-star your equal)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    He thinks it because he knows the matchmaker doesn’t let such crude roster engineering match so advantageously but rather delivers a match where the top ends are very similar in the number of 12s even if it needs ignore most of the bottom. It’s been doing that for months now.
    A little more than a year now, the match is mostly made on the top.
    But that's exactly my point, with that roster it would most likely match another roster with at least 7/8 TH12 and then TH11s->TH7s (or even lower). The opponent's lower THs would easily clear the TH4s with little penalty.
    Not sure that his roster would have an advantage, I think probably not.
    Last edited by MBNet; 1 Day Ago at 02:33 PM.

Forum Elder
    I don't know what's the plan to fix the engineering problem in war, but to fix the defenseless bases is pretty easy: a bonus star if a lower TH 3 stars a higher level TH (ex: If a Th6 3 stars a Th11 it would worth 8 stars) and a penalty on dips attacks. The defenseless bases would be dead in war.
    A little more than a year now, the match is mostly made on the top.
    But that's exactly my point, with that roster it would most likely match another roster with at least 7/8 TH12 and then TH11s->TH7s (or even lower). The opponent's lower THs would easily clear the TH4s with little penalty.
    Not sure that his roster would have an advantage, I think probably not.
    choose a side.

First post, dip attacks are penalized. So we would load a bunch of low th3/4. You have to dip to clear, and get penalized.

Next post little penalty.

you criticize engineers, but you are all engineers, the forum is full of questions "how much does this weigh?" "how much does that weigh", when you go up th the first thing you improve are the defenses? I do not believe you and if you do, you are not in a real clan war.
    the problem is that if you win you are good if you lose and others are disarmed. gnegnegne
    think of winning a war because you have high defenses then attacked with compassionate heroes and ridiculous troops, no sorry while continuing to cry the SC has given you potions for the troops, but sometimes not enough even those
    Last edited by Spiratmaster; 1 Day Ago at 03:16 PM.

I started my 3rd account in a friends clan who spun off from ours, taking a number of people with him. this was about 4 weeks ago +/-. When the announcement of the TH12 update came out, and the inability to upgrade w/o full defenses, I took advantage of the 50% build reduction time and a Gold Rune to go from TH6 to 9 in 10 days. I am not building any more defenses & will play this base as an engineered acct strictly for fun.

How long will it work to our clans advantage - I dont know. But this is a game & it’s how I choose to play this account. If in the future, it becomes aa disadvantage in war, I’ll opt out & play catch up.

Again, this is a game. Don’t overthink this people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    choose a side.

First post, dip attacks are penalized. So we would load a bunch of low th3/4. You have to dip to clear, and get penalized.

Next post little penalty.
    There isn't any contradiction between my posts. The 'little' penalty is IF there's a penalty by level, in the example used, the TH7s clearing the TH4s would have a lesser (ence 'little') penalty than a TH12 clearing a TH7 (3 vs 5).
    I was only using this as an example to render useless the defenseless bases with high offense. His example was already out of that context.