Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyones clans matching up against other clans with severely lopsided xbows and ferns?

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    why not have your th9s learn hogs/logs.

dragons like you said don't work against xbow bases most of the time so actuality you just hurt your clan as they progress into heavier opposition
    You must’ve missed part where I said they’re slow builders lol

Quote Originally Posted by twinblade123 View Post
    Just started a war. Bases 3 and 4 have infernoes and ours dont. Bases 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13 all have 2 sets of xbows. Mostly level 2-3. (we dont have any from 6 down)

Wondering how our newly appointed th9s with just level 4 dragons are suppose to clear all of these. Thats 4 more infernoes and 12 more xbows.

A little ridiculous to overcome.

Anyone else seeing anything similar?
    Yea man if you have solid engineers at TH10+ with no xbows or less than the lower TH lvl has you will encounter this.

We were pairing against clans who had +1-2 eagles +4-8 infernos +20-30 xbows and +20-30 bomb towers.

This has been part of the MM for awhile if you are running a lot of TH10s with less than 2 xbows or 11s without xbows infernos etc this gets worse.

Dropped 16 xbows and bomb towers and things went back to normal, your issue isn't so bad but this is how SC finally got me to drop my xbows.

Towers and xbows are a lot less weight than they used to be go ahead and make everyone at least a .5 and you should be good again.
    Last edited by BlindSyphon; June 15th, 2018 at 07:06 PM.

And do ignore the trolls they abound in these threads

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    Your war roster has many bases that are missing defenses. 3 TH11, 3 TH10, and most others are TH9. The most recent update encourages people to place defense buildings on their village. In war, matchmaking can start to match your base against opponents with similar bases but with more defenses than you.

If you want to put TH10 in war with no inferno, your opponent may have inferno.

If you want to put TH9 in war with no xbow, your opponent may have xbow.

If you want to match weaker opponents like you have in the past, I suggest building a time machine and going back in time approximately 2 weeks.

Good luck.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BoBoTheGoat again."

It does not appear that engineering works as well as it used to, and if you neglect to add certain defenses there is no guarantee your opponent won't have them. If you're matching bases with xbows and infernos, add them yourselves.

With seige equipment (for your TH10s) and donated lvl4 bowlers, hounds, or even the revamped lightning (with dragons like you said they have), etc., your TH9s shouldn't have any trouble taking xbow'd TH9s now anyway.
    Last edited by nerfedname; June 15th, 2018 at 08:01 PM.
    TH12 - Lvl 215 - AQ60 - BK60 - GW30
    Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Is 'jog' in AppStore or google play? I don't seem to find it.
    Click HERE to find out more about "Nerfedname's 'weight tax'" for war MM

Signature by Gutodh

Swan diving into your gold storages like Scrooge McDuck
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGame1 View Post
    I just work on what we pull from our enemy, if we havn't got xbows, the enemy normally has so we're at a disadvantage. If we don't drop infernos, the enemy normally has etc etc..

If your clan hasn't got xbows and the other clan always has them I'd be getting your clan to build them, regardless of your th9's skill level.

For some here it's all about weight and how it affects the war, some here firmly believe dropping or upgrading defences absolutely makes the enemy lineup stronger, but for sometime now I believe as soon as your offence outweights your defence it will match you heavier regardless, so dropping the extra defences doesn't make the matchup worse, or pull heavier opponents, it just makes everything more even.

When our 10.5 finally dropped his eagle, the world didn't come crumbling down around us, we didn't see a few more th10's on their side, all that happened was for the first time in a while, we didn't have an eagle disadvantage.

Just my experience.
    Same here. 62 days ago started a bad streak for us where we began seeing full blown maxers of same town hall accross from all our .5'
    s. We have added Eagles, Infernos, and X-Bows by the dozens all in all. It has only made our matchups more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    We were pairing against clans who had +1-2 eagles +4-8 infernos +20-30 xbows and +20-30 bomb towers.

This has been part of the MM for awhile if you are running a lot of TH10s with less than 2 xbows or 11s without xbows infernos etc this gets worse.

Dropped 16 xbows and bomb towers and things went back to normal, your issue isn't so bad but this is how SC finally got me to drop my xbows.

Towers and xbows are a lot less weight than they used to be go ahead and make everyone at least a .5 and you should be good again.
    I concur that adding defenses is beneficial to most situations but I wouldn't stop at .5 for most builds. Properly manicured offense and defense still works IMO but max offense and .5 defense is clearly dead.
    Last edited by DOOM2U; June 15th, 2018 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    Same here. 62 days ago started a bad streak for us where we began seeing full blown maxers of same town hall accross from all our .5'
    s. We have added Eagles, Infernos, and X-Bows by the dozens all in all. It has only made our matchups more fair.

I concur that adding defenses is beneficial to most situations but I wouldn't stop at .5 for most builds. Properly manicured offense and defense still works IMO but max offense and .5 defense is clearly dead.
    Yea that's the right time frame when I went around to a bunch of clans trying to figure this problem out.
    Adding weight solved the problem for us but everything needed to be at the maxed level of the previous TH before we started to have the advantage again.

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    OP, quick question, did any of your bases buy a Town Hall pack, but did not place all the buildings, just left them in the shop?
    Also this Darian stated that they add weight even if they are not dropped, at least he said that those who went to TH12 without dropping the eagle have the eagles weight added regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame1 View Post
    I just work on what we pull from our enemy, if we havn't got xbows, the enemy normally has so we're at a disadvantage. If we don't drop infernos, the enemy normally has etc etc..

If your clan hasn't got xbows and the other clan always has them I'd be getting your clan to build them, regardless of your th9's skill level.

For some here it's all about weight and how it affects the war, some here firmly believe dropping or upgrading defences absolutely makes the enemy lineup stronger, but for sometime now I believe as soon as your offence outweights your defence it will match you heavier regardless, so dropping the extra defences doesn't make the matchup worse, or pull heavier opponents, it just makes everything more even.

When our 10.5 finally dropped his eagle, the world didn't come crumbling down around us, we didn't see a few more th10's on their side, all that happened was for the first time in a while, we didn't have an eagle disadvantage.

Just my experience.
    Perfectly well said
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20