Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyones clans matching up against other clans with severely lopsided xbows and ferns?

Itís fine guys,, I tell them not to drop defenses until theyíre ready to take them. Most of my th9s are new and theyíre slow players for progression so they havenít added the xbows yet, primarily because they canít take them(easiest way to take new th9s is the level 4 drags, but with the level 2/3 xbows they are impossible) 🙃

there is one that has 20/20 heroes and has added xbows for his base. The two th10s donít have infernoes yet is correct.

I was just surprised we got this match, as their is about 3 lower th11 engineered on the lower side as well. They pretty much have dominant map control throughout.

Iíll probably have everyone add in the defenses, although I donít know how to handle the th9 side of things. Should I have them drop xbows even when they canít take it? Seems a bit of stretch. Thanks for the input so far guys

Your recent log looks pretty good, suspect your level of engineering generally gives you an edge. Yeah you'll get a turkey of a match now and again, that'd happen if you maxxed out too.

No telling what comes next, the promised engineering nerf may be big, but it hasn't landed yet.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by twinblade123 View Post
    I’ll probably have everyone add in the defenses, although I don’t know how to handle the th9 side of things. Should I have them drop xbows even when they can’t take it? Seems a bit of stretch. Thanks for the input so far guys
    The "don't drop until you can take it" idea has always been flawed - it originated with hard core players like OneHive and kind of made sense for them (or maybe that was only under the flawed assumption of the time that matching was by defense only).
    But for the varying skill levels I see in my clan and I suspect you see in yours, for some players that means "don't drop xbows until you have lv 3 bowlers"....
    Have them drop xbows when the lack of xbows isn't helping you. Decent odds that's right now, but I dunno and it won't be easy for you to see either.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

there is one that has 20/20 heroes and has added xbows for his base. The two th10s don’t have infernoes yet is correct.

I was just surprised we got this match, as their is about 3 lower th11 engineered on the lower side as well. They pretty much have dominant map control throughout.

I’ll probably have everyone add in the defenses, although I don’t know how to handle the th9 side of things. Should I have them drop xbows even when they can’t take it? Seems a bit of stretch. Thanks for the input so far guys
    The general rule of thumb about Xbows (for individual players, ignoring whole clan roster) has always been to drop your Xbows when you are capable of 3 starring bases with Xbows on a regular basis, but this really is outdated, as all players have different skill levels.
    If this is what your TH9s are doing, then that's fair enough, it is what it is.

You've been winning a lot, so I don't really see the point in changing much, even if , right now you have a tough match.
    Plus, the old school 'no Xbow' engineered TH9's are just that 'old school'.... I'm sure the likes of Ripple (with his 66k 30/30 max lava, max Xbows base) or Tank could advise further.

I do think however that the game has/is moving into a new era with regard to the value of defences, and maybe you should be prepared for this, but I wouldn't rush building those defences right now if your TH9's are limited with their offensive capability.

Plus, one war isn't enough data to make those decisions, just be prepared to do so.

Good luck to you, and congrats on the recent war record!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post

If you want to put TH10 in war with no inferno, your opponent may have inferno.

If you want to put TH9 in war with no xbow, your opponent may have xbow.

If you want to match weaker opponents like you have in the past, I suggest building a time machine and going back in time approximately 2 weeks.

Good luck.
    so if you have just improved th10, with defenses from th9, in war you will find an enemy th10 with infernos? this is very balanced

OP, quick question, did any of your bases buy a Town Hall pack, but did not place all the buildings, just left them in the shop?
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by Spiratmaster View Post
    so if you have just improved th10, with defenses from th9, in war you will find an enemy th10 with infernos? this is very balanced
    Iíd much rather face someone my own townhall just more progressed, than face someone two or more townhalls higher with point defense your troops can never handle.

Seriously, when was the last time you guys seen a complaint about losing to the same townhall as yourself?!
    Last edited by xXXCHRISXXx; June 15th, 2018 at 03:14 PM.

I just work on what we pull from our enemy, if we havn't got xbows, the enemy normally has so we're at a disadvantage. If we don't drop infernos, the enemy normally has etc etc..

If your clan hasn't got xbows and the other clan always has them I'd be getting your clan to build them, regardless of your th9's skill level.

For some here it's all about weight and how it affects the war, some here firmly believe dropping or upgrading defences absolutely makes the enemy lineup stronger, but for sometime now I believe as soon as your offence outweights your defence it will match you heavier regardless, so dropping the extra defences doesn't make the matchup worse, or pull heavier opponents, it just makes everything more even.

When our 10.5 finally dropped his eagle, the world didn't come crumbling down around us, we didn't see a few more th10's on their side, all that happened was for the first time in a while, we didn't have an eagle disadvantage.

Just my experience.
    Lando Gaming

All TH12 War Clan

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame1 View Post

When our 10.5 finally dropped his eagle, the world didn't come crumbling down around us, we didn't see a few more th10's on their side, all that happened was for the first time in a while, we didn't have an eagle disadvantage.

Just my experience.
    This is a great point. We are generally seeing Offensive matching at TH11, which is great, and what the community has been asking for.
    That being said, my 10.5 (#actually its not a 10.5, it's just a TH11 without an Eagle, but I digress#) still hasn't built an Eagle yet, but if it did, I doubt it would make too ,much difference to our war roster as a whole, or the strength of our opponents.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

It’s fine guys,, I tell them not to drop defenses until they’re ready to take them. Most of my th9s are new and they’re slow players for progression so they haven’t added the xbows yet, primarily because they can’t take them(easiest way to take new th9s is the level 4 drags, but with the level 2/3 xbows they are impossible) 

there is one that has 20/20 heroes and has added xbows for his base. The two th10s don’t have infernoes yet is correct.

why not have your th9s learn hogs/logs.

dragons like you said don't work against xbow bases most of the time so actuality you just hurt your clan as they progress into heavier opposition
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20