Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Can we please get a sticky to collect data on super long war search?

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Don't want to sound harsh.
    You do not sound :-)

What I was getting at, was omitting certain defences, in our case the IT, in order to carry less def weight, therefore lowering our overall weight. It did appear, having read elsewhere that they may be loose hall matching, or similar, meaning anything not dropped/used, could well be on the oppo base anyway.
    I appreciate that this can happen any time anyway, but in the past, if they had ferno, then they would be lacking that 5k approx. per ferno elsewhere. BTW.. Even tho I appreciate the response, it was neither your nor Holps' posts that I was referring to. I will take the opportunity to let you know you guys are doing a good job, often under very difficult and trying circumstances.
    We havn't seen that in a long time, that not dropping certain defences gives you an easier matchup. I was a Th10 without inferno's when they changed MM in a way that holding back defences put you at a disadvantage, that's the very reason I dropped inferno's, and why our clan insists on balanced bases since then. It's been like that since the end of last year atleast. Clans running a few 'optimised' bases probably didn't notice it much, but a clan like ours - pretty balanced with a few 0.5's noticed it straight away and adjusted quickly.

Also I'm not convinced there is TH matching, if you looked at our wars they would straight up convince anyone there is town hall matching, our wars are for the most part so even it's ridiculous how far the matchmaking as come, but then I see other clans with halls out of place and it's clear town hall matching can't be a thing.
    Leader of *This Is Sparta #22CC889J Level 13 UK Adult War Clan. Recuiting Active players Click Here
    The Game TH12 50/50/20 * Game Over TH10 30/31 * Hayden TH9 30/30 * Game on! TH8

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame1 View Post
    We havn't seen that in a long time, that not dropping certain defences gives you an easier matchup. I was a Th10 without inferno's when they changed MM in a way that holding back defences put you at a disadvantage, that's the very reason I dropped inferno's, and why our clan insists on balanced bases since then. It's been like that since the end of last year atleast. Clans running a few 'optimised' bases probably didn't notice it much, but a clan like ours - pretty balanced with a few 0.5's noticed it straight away and adjusted quickly.

Also I'm not convinced there is TH matching, if you looked at our wars they would straight up convince anyone there is town hall matching, our wars are for the most part so even it's ridiculous how far the matchmaking as come, but then I see other clans with halls out of place and it's clear town hall matching can't be a thing.
    thanks Game. Have been noticing lately, that our top end is getting harder. Wasn't sure if it was just fluid movement of weight, as our halls are growing. But we are at a level where change is noticeable. I think I agree it is time to allow for those IT to get dropped.
    Hopefully I don't come back here with Kleenex in hand, crying that our matches just got screwed lol.

thanks Game. Have been noticing lately, that our top end is getting harder. Wasn't sure if it was just fluid movement of weight, as our halls are growing. But we are at a level where change is noticeable. I think I agree it is time to allow for those IT to get dropped.
    Hopefully I don't come back here with Kleenex in hand, crying that our matches just got screwed lol.
    Hopefully you have an account that can donate siege machines, it's transformed Th10 especially. Last two wars we've been 1 star off a perfect war, in a few months when the war community has had plenty of time to adjust, Th10 will be the new Th9.

Anyways getting slightly off topic, our search lasted 30mins yesterday but currently down to 10man wars. It will be very interesting to see how long search takes once were back up to 20v20 and incl Th12's.
    Leader of *This Is Sparta #22CC889J Level 13 UK Adult War Clan. Recuiting Active players Click Here
    The Game TH12 50/50/20 * Game Over TH10 30/31 * Hayden TH9 30/30 * Game on! TH8

Quote Originally Posted by tmykrk View Post
    Hi.
    In my humble opinion, the term - name as "engineering villages" should not exist in a professional game that is CoC.
    Since the software and regulations allow you to create any villages, all the products of the player's imagination are correct.
    It is wrong to choose an opponent based on a complicated algorithm that takes into account the presence of some buildings.
    The player's free will - if he wants to play without defense is his business but the fact that his weight is underestimated is a mistake. Should be: TH10 without buildings, without a wall = TH10 with all max. It is the free will of the player that he is involved in wars with weak defense.

I am writing this because I can not find an opponent in clan wars for 3 days. The search took 3x 24 hours and nothing. I turned on the search for the fourth time ....

Regards.
    Tomasz
    ”Engineering” is a term to describe people who consider the war matchmaker when upgrading their base. I’m not sure why that term ended up being the most popular, but I think it is just fine to use. The problem is equating “engineering” with an insult. That I don’t agree with. Anyway, regarding your suggested matchmaker improvement, I do not think a brand new th10 should be treated the same as a max th10. That would be really bad for war. Treating all th10s as weighing at minimum what a max th9 weighs (or some % of that) on the other hand...
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Forum Elder
    I agree we need a sticky. The clan war mismatch thread has 100+ pages and obviously it has had an incredibly positive effect on completely fixing any potential mismatch. SC’s careful attention to tweaking the matching process is a complete 100% success. The recent update shows we can unsticky the mismatch thread and replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    I agree we need a sticky.
    The mismatch complaint sticky was great IMO. Not sure how much SC looked at it but gave us somewhere to direct people, "last room on the left, take a number". Lot of people don't want any suggestions from us players, they just want to rant at SC. Might as well collect that all in one thread that I can ignore.
    If someone wants to get their rant to SC (and only SC) fine and good luck.
    Last edited by TankSinatra; 1 Hour Ago at 03:37 PM.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J