Thread: Poaching using the Last Helper function

Poaching using the Last Helper function

No good deed goes unpunished. Today, I helped a farm. Now itís poaching on my stand. I could have this problem for a week, because the ďLast HelperĒ tab displays for up to a week. If thereís any way the Last Helper could be configured so that Helpers automatically drop off after 24 or 48 hours, that would definitely prevent this kind of abuse. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerGirl View Post
    No good deed goes unpunished. Today, I helped a farm. Now it’s poaching on my stand. I could have this problem for a week, because the “Last Helper” tab displays for up to a week. If there’s any way the Last Helper could be configured so that Helpers automatically drop off after 24 or 48 hours, that would definitely prevent this kind of abuse. Thanks!
    The last helpers clear off after 72 hours... have they followed your farm?
    Farm 136
    CoC TH10 BhB8 AQ 33 BK 25
    established level 14 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts
    GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard
    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Didnt it used to be like a month?

Oh and look out when you do global events. I have shoppers come from that board and the boat leader board. All need to be done away with imho.

Farm level: 224 Silo 10,800 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    ďI think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: "Maggie will leave soon". >MasterKilde<

Yes. Any ‘back roads’ on to our farms need to be got rid of.
    Level 147 (& 42+ Town)
    Achievements: 140/141 * Mastered: 39/39 * Barn/Silo: Never Big Enough!!

KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Really glad to see people have this point of view. After gaining a stalker and also having my shop stripped of unadvertised items too many times, I don’t help anyone now. I don’t put stuff in my shop during a global event, and I delete all followers. I’ve completely changed the way I play the game... I used to fill lots of boat crates in the paper and water trees but no more. Having also seen people on the forum gloating about the potential for going raiding during events, I would love to see those “back roads” blocked. I only help friends now.

Where there is a will,there is a way. I haven’t (thankfully) been bothered by my resident BOT lately. But I fear with any changes made in the game they will be back. I would love to see the option to “visit” farms done away with. I think in the beginning of the game it was a nice feature. We didn’t have NH. We didn’t have FB to connect to friends. I don’t recall having a followers tab in the beginning either but I may be incorrect on that. There was no way to “socialize” then. Now with the added feature of the NH and having android added along with FB it just seems reasonable to do away with features that are a nuisance to many many players. That’s just my opinion.

Farm level: 224 Silo 10,800 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    ďI think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: "Maggie will leave soon". >MasterKilde<

Anything in my shop is for sale, if its for a neighbour - they know when is going to and they can't linger.
    If you say people are taking un-advertised stuff, is it because you are using the shop as a neighbourhood stock room come warehouse ?

If itís in the roadside stand it is available to everyone. If you want to give things to your neighborhood players; thatís what the request box is to be used for. Have all your friends in the same neighborhood so you can request items from them. Putting things for sale means you are ready to get money for them, it shouldnít matter whose money it is. The idea is for everyone to be able to buy things, not just for you to help your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    Anything in my shop is for sale, if its for a neighbour - they know when is going to and they can't linger.
    If you say people are taking un-advertised stuff, is it because you are using the shop as a neighbourhood stock room come warehouse ?
    LOL😆...yes...itís many times a stock room come warehouse for my game friends and my other farms. And yes, I take your (subtle-ish) point that thatís not the primary use intended by HD. Nicely done, BTW.😄

However, if we canít have it both ways neither can SC. Donít tell me the derby is to promote sociability and then after I get friendly with my game friends and want to repay these nice people (with whom I cannot otherwise communicate) you allow a stranger to swoop in and grab everything because...and this is the kicker...I was trying to be sociable and participate in a global event.

Now contrary to the way that last paragraph sounds Iím not advocating a lot of the suggestions here. I like seeing other farms. I really do. Every now and then I go through the top 10 and bottom 10 on the boat leaderboard just to see what people do with their farms. The variety is fascinating.😊. I try to always visit the farms that help me and reciprocate if I can. Sometimes I invite them to be friends especially if theyíre small(er) and playing solo. (I know how that goes!)

Rather, Iíve modified my behaviour. My baby farms donít participate in events any more. I only put up corn when my main farm is participating. I still sell in the DD and still help quite a bit but, in truth, still a lot less than I used to because Iíve read horror stories about stalker bots.

The gentle griping going on here is fine. It helps advance the game and SC appreciates it. They canít maintain a game that people like if they donít know what people dislike.😉