Thread: New baby farm help

New baby farm help

Hi so I recently made a baby farm (main farm level is 57) and I would just like some advice on like what machines to get bc I donít really want to be getting ones that I wonít use a lot, this farm would be to help my main farm. Also any tips on how to save money and is it worth reparing the harbour? Even though this would just be to help my main farm, I would also like to play and complete some challenges.

Forum Superstar
    Welcome to the forum!

I started my small farm to be mostly independent, so I have no experience with a feeder farm as such, BUUUT...

What machines you'd get depends on you. Anything you tend to struggle with on your main farm, you get. I'd definitely suggest dairy/sugar/bakery.

For saving coins: Level up to 7, then slow the leveling and buy anything that's cheap then sell for full. Also, make and sell!

Do you need to repair the boat dock: I don't know, do you want to? You play this baby farm however you want! If you want to do boats, repair it. If you don't want to and you want to focus on helping your big farm only, do that!
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; June 13th, 2018 at 10:25 PM.
    Hay Day farm level 87 -Town Reputation level 19
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    10/12 sanctuary animals- 6 adults, 4 babies - Done gathering expansion permits
    Started September 2014! (not in a hurry.)
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 44/Rep 10~

Thank you for replying!!!

I think Iím going to build this farm up to about level 30 then focus on helping my main farm.

May I ask, what level your on?

I have my baby farm fully open for fishing, my main farm is focused on lobster and ducks only. I use only nets for the fillets. I really want the sauce machine on baby farm, only lvl 43 though 😕

I made a second farm about 5 weeks ago. I repaired the dock, but I don’t do boats because I want this farm to supply my main level 140 farm with products. I am level 40 on the second farm with all the fishing spots open. I cast nets all the time here to supply fish so my main farm can do ducks and lobsters. I don’t buy all machines and won’t bother expanding all the land. There will be no hat machine, jeweller, pasta kitchen here! I opened all slots on the dairy, and I run it all the time. I got the jam machine, bakery and some others but the candy machine wouldn’t be useful for me for example. I will definitely get the sauce machine and work on expanding all the slots on it.

This second farm will never go into a derby, I’m not interested in having the sanctuary animals or decorations or completing achievements. I will buy all the town buildings and upgrade town as I go along because I like the x p there for levelling up and having townies to supply my other farm.

It all all depends what purpose the second farm will serve I think. I make and sell stuff at full price for coins, but if I’m low on coins for a machine my main farm will sell this one 10 rings for a coin and it will sell back to the main at full price to make some money quickly!

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy225 View Post
    Thank you for replying!!!

I think I’m going to build this farm up to about level 30 then focus on helping my main farm.

May I ask, what level your on?
    My main farm that I started in 2014 is on level 85
    The small farm that I started in April 2018 is on level 33

My small farm is literally there to re-experience the game as it is now, not in 2014. When I started Derbying on my main farm it was at level 40 or 50 I think. On this one, I started at level 19. In a solo hood so nobody had to deal with that, LOL. I'm very impatient to open the town!
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; June 14th, 2018 at 07:38 AM.
    Hay Day farm level 87 -Town Reputation level 19
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    10/12 sanctuary animals- 6 adults, 4 babies - Done gathering expansion permits
    Started September 2014! (not in a hurry.)
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 44/Rep 10~

Quote Originally Posted by EllunaHellen View Post

What machines you'd get depends on you. Anything you tend to struggle with on your main farm, you get. I'd definitely suggest dairy/sugar/bakery.
    Pretty much this. My mini farm has all the machines for its level, and I keep a small stock of all the products. I keep that stock for events like serving townies and truck orders, that give extra upgrade materials. Then give the materials to my big farm. But mainly I use my mini farm to keep extra stock of all dairies, sugars, milk, bacon, fish, lobster, feathers, honey, wax, sauces and jams. Sometimes I play my mini farm like a normal farm, by not all that often. Itís main purpose is to help keep my big farm stocked.
    Last edited by Muggaloo; June 14th, 2018 at 08:00 AM.
    Hi
    Level 130
    #9JQPLRQV
    Kik: AthalaSage

Welcome to the forum. I also have 2 farm. First farm played 2014: level 53, became mini farm, second farm: 2016 - became main farm (lvl 76)

My mini supporting dairy products,sugar, candy and smelter products.

originally I made my mini-farm to be a feeder farm for dairy and sugar

once I got a handle on that, my goal was to get it active enough to participate in a derby

once that was sorted out, I decided she needed all the fishing spots so I could upgrade her lobster/duck buildings and have enough room to drop traps

She's now at level 53, and her farm nearly matches mine, just with a lot less slots in her machines because I won't buy her diamonds.

At some point in the last 20 levels or so, she stopped feeding my farm, and we have mutual exchanges. For example, overnight in the dairy, I have one farm do all feta, and the other farm do all cheese, then in the morning, we trade whats needed. Or I may take it a step further and use all of it on products like tomato soup or pizza, then trade those.

In the end, we feed each other.

My mini-farm does not have a 5th smelter. We don't need it. She doesn't have a jewelry machine either, I keep her stocked with the main farm. I will definitely get her the sauce maker next level, but I have no interest in her getting the remaining machines. At this point in both of our games, the level 80 farm can pretty much cover everything for both farms. Except dairy, sugar, and bread And mainly the bread is just a side effect of having most of my machines with all 9 slots open. If I fill them all, its easily over 40 bread. 18 in the grill, 18 in the sandwich maker, maybe some cheese soup, can't even remember what else bread goes into right now lol but I go through a ton of it

ETA: money tip; Don't keep all the parts you get. Focus on a single upgrade at a time (or one per farm) and sell off all the rest of your parts. Especially when you get to town. There's a lot of money in parts, and it will take the stress off of limited barn space if you're only keeping one set of parts per farm at a time.
    Last edited by Vever; June 14th, 2018 at 04:41 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    First of all, welcome Troy225 to the HD subforum. Please see thread below for more insights from playing a second farm.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ond-farm/page2
    Last edited by LynnK2015; June 14th, 2018 at 11:57 PM.
    Lynn, 9-3-18, clasher and farmer but not boomer and brawler

R.I.P. The official Boom Beach subforum. Sunrise: November 12, 2013; Sunset: September 3, 2018