Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to alter my mini TH11

Thought I had my answer - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11735655

- but reading it again I can still read it two ways. Leaning towards a "phantom weight triggered once you hit th12" interpretation, and if we find it's in the storages then it won't be phantom weight. Relying on the "So if you are TH12..." clause here.

This is just like old school Kremlinology, trying to guess policy based on an ambiguous line at the bottom of page 7 in Pravda.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Millennial Club
    I think this pretty much sums it up though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This applies to any buildings purchased in ANY upgrade pack regardless of TH level. So if you are TH12 and purchased the TH10 and TH11 upgrade packs but never placed the buildings, it still counts as if they are placed with regards to your war weight. So you might as well put them in your village.
    Hence, it's not associated with a particular TH, the weight is strictly associated to those who purchased a TH pack. I purchased the TH10 pack but never placed the IT, therefore the weight of the IT would be added to the total team weight if I was on the roster before spinning a war. The weight will never show up in the gold storage because the defense has not been placed on my war base layout. Which follows the same logic if one were to purchase a defense with game gold and place it on main base layout but neglect to place it on war base layout.
    Alpha and Omega (#PVUQR2UL) Location: USA
    TH12: 55/60/30 TH12: 33/44/30 TH11: 35/33/20 TH9: 10/6
    Always looking for more to join clan and help out with clan games. We've only missed one reward out of all games, come help us so it doesn't happen again. Be sure to mention forums in your join request, or you're deemed a dirty spy and rejected.

Millennial Club
    As an aside to all this deep thinking. what hits me most, is that Onyx, and a few others, don't think gold weight has anything to do with defensive weight. It strikes me, that, as Darian says, they add the weight whether its placed on the map or not. If this was the case, then if it equated to defensive weight, it should be added, whether placed or not, thereby affecting roster placement. It therefore seems to me, that it may well only be a reward for hitting a harder or softer target.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    As an aside to all this deep thinking. what hits me most, is that Onyx, and a few others, don't think gold weight has anything to do with defensive weight. It strikes me, that, as Darian says, they add the weight whether its placed on the map or not. If this was the case, then if it equated to defensive weight, it should be added, whether placed or not, thereby affecting roster placement. It therefore seems to me, that it may well only be a reward for hitting a harder or softer target.
    That’s a thought, yes. Another possibility is that they don’t reflect the addition in map order or gold weight - but do in total war weight calculation - but only for as long as it stays unplaced. You might do it that way if you wanted the rank order on the map by defence strength to keep approximating the difficulty of the attack (not that it does that so well anyway).

It seems a bit roundabout but it strikes me as plausible gold weight maybe got unhooked as a way of feeding back less information on war weights.
    Last edited by Tomville; June 13th, 2018 at 11:33 PM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

I've seen defenseless TH11's that weigh the same after the update as before ... and ... based on what the clan is attracting for opponents in war, I would surmise that there is no phantom weight ... i.e. imho the noise about unplaced defenses counting towards war weight is just that ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheodoricOfYork View Post
    I've seen defenseless TH11's that weigh the same after the update as before ... and ... based on what the clan is attracting for opponents in war, I would surmise that there is no phantom weight ... i.e. imho the noise about unplaced defenses counting towards war weight is just that ...
    I’m not sure I’d describe it as merely “noise” when a SC Staff member says very plainly that purchased unplaced defences now count to war weight: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...5#post11735655
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!