Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to alter my mini TH11

Millennial Club

How to alter my mini TH11

So with recent changes, I am required to place my non-placed IT on my TH11. Thankfully I did not purchase TH11 pack, so I don't have to worry about an un-placed eagle.

I still have not built:
    1 cannon (TH11 increase),
    1 AT (TH11 increase),
    all 4 motars (man these still suck),
    3 WTs (1 is a TH11 increase),
    2 xbows (1 is a TH11 increase, 1 is a TH10 increase),
    1 bomb tower (1 is a TH10 increase),
    1 IT and
    1 eagle.

I am thinking a hybrid TH10 weight build (my last shred of engineering before it gets removed). I'm thinking I should add 2 more WTs. What I am debating on is whether I should build the 2nd bomb tower and 3rd xbow. I still don't want to build the mortars.

What would other engineers consider? Depending on how well this base defends, I may or may not build the 2nd IT. This base is really just a nuisance that wastes 1-3 mid level attacks until it forces one of the top players to take it out or another engineered account.

Defenses currently built are at TH11 levels except for the bomb tower, xbow and ADs, which are at TH10 levels. I'm currently finishing up the last 2 built ATs to max TH11 (my other 2 builders are upgrading barracks for electro dragons, which leaves me with 1 barracks left and I never bought the 5th builder). I was originally planning to up my level 14 cannons to 15, but I think I will hold off on that now and build new defenses to balance out the placed IT.
    Alpha and Omega (#PVUQR2UL) Location: USA
    TH12: 51/58/24 TH12: 30/41/25 TH11: 30/31/16
    Always looking for more to join clan and help out with clan games. We've only missed one reward out of all games, come help us so it doesn't happen again. Be sure to mention forums in your join request, or you're deemed a dirty spy and rejected.

Wait. We don't know for sure what's happened yet.
    Everyone is interpreting Darian's post to mean that you've got the weight already and that's a completely fair interpretation. I'm looking at the actual update notes and wonder if it only applies after you go th12 - that's a fair interpretation too.

Have someone scout the base, do you see the weight already? If not you may still have it, as phantom weight assigned server side. But I'm curious if you see inferno weight since you're th11 now.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

It is a fair interpretation Tank, and certainly worth investigating , but probability suggests that SC rarely have '1 rule for one, and another rule for' etc
    I'm trying to think offhand where this has occurred in another aspect of the game, but I can't think of an example.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/43/17

Millennial Club
    It's already be done, I placed the building based on my initial interpretation on the first premise (which may be incorrect). What will be, will be. I'm not bitter at placing the building, I'm bitter about all builders being busy on all 3 accounts and now I'm itching to purchase the 5th builder (the last vestige of a deal that includes gems). I'm trying to hold off, but I am also being teased with a TH11 pack that would help my mini TH11 get another troop to TH11 standards, upgrade another defense to TH11 and up my BK to 29.

My base is still engineered, but not as engineered as it was before. Truth be told, recent matches show us normally matching the number of TH11s on both sides: engineered against engineered. It just depended on who was further progressed than the other.
    Always looking for more to join clan and help out with clan games. We've only missed one reward out of all games, come help us so it doesn't happen again. Be sure to mention forums in your join request, or you're deemed a dirty spy and rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    My base is still engineered, but not as engineered as it was before. Truth be told, recent matches show us normally matching the number of TH11s on both sides: engineered against engineered. It just depended on who was further progressed than the other.
    Generally my experience as well for a long time now. Not always, but generally pretty close to th11 parity despite a lot of engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    It's already be done...
    Oh poo. If you'd seen the inferno weight in FC despite not dropping the burners, while I don't see an eagle weight on a friend's th11 despite not dropping the bird, then we'd know the phantom weight isn't added until after TH upgrade.

Anyone else in this scenario? Specifically I want to know -

TH11 with unplaced infernos. Has your storage weight changed since the update, corresponding to the weight of the burners?
    TH12 with unplaced eagle. Does your storage weight indicate the weight of the eagle? Tougher to unpack this one since you've added a lot of weight for the gigatesla attached to the TH12 upgrade.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Oh poo. If you'd seen the inferno weight in FC despite not dropping the burners, while I don't see an eagle weight on a friend's th11 despite not dropping the bird, then we'd know the phantom weight isn't added until after TH upgrade.

Anyone else in this scenario? Specifically I want to know -

TH11 with unplaced infernos. Has your storage weight changed since the update, corresponding to the weight of the burners?
    TH12 with unplaced eagle. Does your storage weight indicate the weight of the eagle? Tougher to unpack this one since you've added a lot of weight for the gigatesla attached to the TH12 upgrade.
    I don't know if it changes your position on what Darian posted, but I offer this.

My gold weight in the storages before the update was 14400 (TH, so x5 is 72k). We immediately spun up another war to take advantage of the double loot.
    We were in prep-day when the expansion dropped, but gold weight was still 14400 (TH). Granted I just checked the weights now, but that number corresponds to no IT. I can't tell you what the current weight is since I'm locked out for 21 hrs due to recent placement of IT.

Even though we had our match already, the gold weight didn't change with the new war after the expansion. One would think the gold calculations should be different if it does follow your interpretation of Darian's words. However, if one considers the aspect of placing a new defense on their home base and forgetting to update their war base, the new defense is still considered in the calculations on war match-up and the player's base is still positioned where it was in past wars without the new defense. Their gold weight would not have changed even though we all now it's taking the new defenses into account when finding a match.

We had several members jump to TH12 on prep day, but still lost by 1 star (great war) due to a opponent performing an awesome drive with their wall wrecker across 2/3rds the map and using it to take out xbows and eagle while bowlers and AQ were pushing behind and GW used Tome to save siege from single IT.

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Wait. We don't know for sure what's happened yet.
    Everyone is interpreting Darian's post to mean that you've got the weight already and that's a completely fair interpretation. I'm looking at the actual update notes and wonder if it only applies after you go th12 - that's a fair interpretation too.

Have someone scout the base, do you see the weight already? If not you may still have it, as phantom weight assigned server side. But I'm curious if you see inferno weight since you're th11 now.
    In case you missed this from a thread in general

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Au contraire. Purchasing the building in an upgrade pack still counts as placing the building down on your map. Thus, there is no advantage to not putting the defense down.
    Level: 244 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 144
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    In case you missed this from a thread in general
    That's the post I'm referring to. Right after that, he changed the update notes here:

New Town Hall Upgrade Requirements
    Introduced in this update is a new requirement system in order to upgrade to the next Town Hall level. All Buildings & Defenses from the previous Town Hall level(s) must be placed in order to upgrade to the next Town Hall level. You will not be able to upgrade to the next Town Hall level until all available Buildings and Defenses have been placed in the village. Any buildings purchased in an upgrade pack count as already placed, with regards to War Weight, thus not placing a purchased building holds no advantage in War.

This may very well mean all unplaced buildings get phantom weight in the MM, but won't show in the roster since this phantom weight isn't functional and shouldn't change roster/ rec target.
    In that its in the "New TH Requirements" section, it might also mean that the weight isn't triggered until you go to TH12.

I don't want to jump to either conclusion as each has its problems. Under the current system, there's nothing prohibited about having a th11 with no eagle. Why add weight ONLY when there was an eagle purchased in a pack, but not if the 9.11 was built up the old-fashioned way?

On the other hand why start playing around with phantom weight without going whole hog, i.e. weigh every missing piece?
    Last edited by TankSinatra; June 13th, 2018 at 05:44 PM.

My thoughts are that the ability to buy the pack items, and not place it was not as SC originally intended it to work, and they have now closed that loophole when they rewrote this part of the MM. With the ability to upgrade to th12 while the EA was still in the shop, this might have been the easiest or only way to code the game to work with the new upgrade rules.

Just as they have changed troop stats in the past, remember the original th11 witches, they changed this.
    Level: 244 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 144
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h