Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH12 Without Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Would love to know where you get your info on the way the majority plays. In my clan, it is very common to wait until your base is more mature to drop the heavy wait defenses. In fact, if you drop them as soon as you upgrade th levels, forget about war until you catch the rest of your base up. All this does is make me less inclined to spend money when a good pack appears. I had an opportunity to buy a pack with xbow, inferno and resources. I was ready for the third xbow but not inferno. With this change, i would not have bought it now. Too much war weight all at once. Even if, as you claim, the majority play that way, it doesn't mean I want to jump off that bridge too.
    You can get a pretty good idea of the way a lot of players play by taking notice of the bases you attack, or next past in multiplayer. It is not that common to see TH 10s or 11s that have at least one level of point defence upgraded without both IT's level 3for the 10s and the EA maxed on the 11s.

People want the cool stuff, and lots don't care about weight.
    Level: 246 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    You can get a pretty good idea of the way a lot of players play by taking notice of the bases you attack, or next past in multiplayer. It is not that common to see TH 10s or 11s that have at least one level of point defence upgraded without both IT's level 3for the 10s and the EA maxed on the 11s.

People want the cool stuff, and lots don't care about weight.
    Yet the majority of bases we see in wars are more like ours. So perhaps the war community doesn't want to play that way just because everyone else does. I see a lot of bases with infernos and pink / purple walls. Should I do that too? I can still play my way, for now anyway, and hold off buying infernos. Or the eagle in about a month when I go to 11. But it does make me less likely to buy a pack unless it happens to appear just when I need it. To be honest though, the new th packs are usually poor value lately. I don't want all the resources they sell. I can get those for free.

Yet the majority of bases we see in wars are more like ours. So perhaps the war community doesn't want to play that way just because everyone else does. I see a lot of bases with infernos and pink / purple walls. Should I do that too? I can still play my way, for now anyway, and hold off buying infernos. Or the eagle in about a month when I go to 11. But it does make me less likely to buy a pack unless it happens to appear just when I need it. To be honest though, the new th packs are usually poor value lately. I don't want all the resources they sell. I can get those for free.
    If you are matching like minded clans for war, then it seems the matchmaker is doing it's job, but your comment about how would someone know how others play is what I was referring to. And you have agreed with me, that you also see a lot of bases with IT and low walls etcetera. So if we both see a good number of bases like this, then we can agree that a lot of players do not play the game with war weights in question when they add defensive items to their base, they just want the cool stuff.

SC offers items in the shop to maximize the bottom line, and if the majority of the players will buy them, even if it is not a good deal (i agree with this point), they will keep offering them. And with the change in the upgrade path needed for advancing the next TH, it seems that the weight of these items are added to your base as soon as you purchase them. If you want a deal, then the deal comes with weight, that a lot of players don't care about.

Really don't see where the issue is if this weight is added to your base.

PS: if the matchmaker is doing a good job and matching you with clans similar to yours, if you did drop these new defences, does it not stand to reason that the MM would still match you to similar clans?
    Level: 246 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Anyone who wars is part of the war community...I think you need to further filter and speak for the specific subset of the war community you are talking about...I think you’re just speaking for the serious, elite, war-focused players.

Quote Originally Posted by alpal View Post
    Anyone who wars is part of the war community...I think you need to further filter and speak for the specific subset of the war community you are talking about...I think you’re just speaking for the serious, elite, war-focused players.
    Could be. I would scarcely call my clan of misfits elite. . We have a solid core and we win more than we lose. I'm the resident forum rat and do pay a good bit of attention to the discussions in the war sub. I try to share what I can glean from the often conflicting opinions.

@wario, you make some good points but I'm not confident in the matchmaker when it comes to infernos. We had some rushed 10s with all the heavy defenses but light other d, heroes and walls. They tended to pull in heavier opponents than they could handle. I'm not talking about their mirror but their overall placement in my opinion. They couldn't defend and couldn't attack. I'll know more this weekend. I'll see how two infernos and a bomb tower impact our matchmaking.

I do see why supercel made this change but, much like the sledgehammer approach to forcing dropping all buildings, I find it lacking flexibility for multiple styles of play. Personally, I have no objection to defenseless, .5s, or .11s. Either continue to refine the matchmaker or tweak war format so that the advantages come with equal disadvantages. But that is water under the bridge. I was heading to max 10 anyway. I may stay there a bit just to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by ClasherRichard View Post
    I couldn't upgrade to town hall 12, I haven't added my Eagle defense yet and the game is forcing me to add it. That and walls, more cannons, archer towers, mortars, xbows, inferno towers, and air defenses.

Until the bug is fixed I will just work on maxing out troops and heroes for town hall 11.

I would like to continue being number 40 in my clans clan wars but still be able to 3 star the enemy clans number 1 and 2 bases. With the addition of town hall 12 and my current inability to upgrade to level 12 I don't see many 3 star attacks in my future.

Note: This is my mini account that is in a farm war clan, I war for fun with it. Serious war clans will never see it. Mostly use the account to feed troops and spells to my max town hall 11 account.
    That's not a bug. You have to drop every defence in now before going up a TH level post update. Time to move up the ladder and face bigger clans or dont war with the account.

If i placed Ea and finish th 12 with book of building and cancel the ea what goona happen??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aritra3698 View Post
    If i placed Ea and finish th 12 with book of building and cancel the ea what goona happen??
    Interesting question; not sure but try it and find out...

Quote Originally Posted by KOAE View Post
    Interesting question; not sure but try it and find out...
    You can not cancel a newly created defense.

Quote Originally Posted by aritra3698 View Post
    You cant cancel the EA. One of my team mates tried to do the prep day trick of building then cancelling. This was well before the update hit