Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frazp99 / Kasparov GL50

Quote Originally Posted by DeepMindAlphaZero View Post
    Congrats indeed.

I can imagine that going all the up the VP board just to fall to a new MMS can be a bit bittersweet, but you indeed did something incredible.

Now let me ask you:

1. What are your plans now? Are you gonna try and ice VP push?
    2. Any tips you want to leave for all to see in the future?
    3. Is your name based on former world chess champ Garry Kasparov?

Cheers
    Oh - In terms of further plans - I also forgot to mention. I have an alt that has heaps of PP saved. So the other Plan is to push properly with that account. Start with 2 ice boosted and go from there....

Congrats Kasparov!
    Bismarck - 1347 VP - Angry Volcano - 4 TD - 1 TH - 5 GBE // Trophies: 3 Diamond
    Rank: #20 in Canada - #9 on Tribal Crab - #43 on Hasty Crab

Quote Originally Posted by PDBismarck View Post
    Congrats Kasparov!
    Thanks Bismarck. I'd post a battleship gif here but I'm assuming that's a no no.

Senior Member DeepMindAlphaZero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OOOOOOOMAMA View Post
    Thanks Bismarck. I'd post a battleship gif here but I'm assuming that's a no no.
    1. Good luck with your push.

2. As far as I can tell, as long as the GIF is NOT animated, it is ok to have!
    If you want something badly, work for it!

Bismarck is/was also a 19th century statesman, a doughnut, and a US state capital, but everyone always goes to the battleship.... Lol
    Bismarck - 1347 VP - Angry Volcano - 4 TD - 1 TH - 5 GBE // Trophies: 3 Diamond
    Rank: #20 in Canada - #9 on Tribal Crab - #43 on Hasty Crab

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Congratulations! Cracking the Global Top 50, even if only mometarily, is indeed a fete to be proud of. Great to see an all-offensive player make it that high, will give many hope that they too can also achieve the same.

You do know that global #4 was all offense last week?

And that with the MM fixes, it's mathematically impossible for all offense to climb that high again?
    Hasty Crab US #16 - Tribal Crab US #40
    main (retired) maxed - VP 1250 - 3 GB, 4 TD, 3 TH
    alt (crab smasher) maxed - VP 1000 - 3 GB, 3 PSC, 2 TD, 2 TH

After a favourable number of pvp spawns yesterday, I managed to claw back into the GL50 for a new PB of GL Position 48. I am fairly sure this will be my last appearance in the GL50 (as a 9 x offense, 1 x PSC player)

Well - exactly 2 weeks since my first post in this thread I have clawed back into the GL 50 at position 49 (still as 9 x offense and 1 x PSC MP player).

I also decided to include a screenshot of the Portugal LB where I have been fortunate enough to occupy PT1 for a few months now.

Since my first post (i.e. since the Tuesday 5th June 2018 "Match Making" change) it is very clear when looking at the GL50 that the absolute VP value is dropping. It has dropped from 1764 = GL50 on the Tuesday morning of the "MM" change to 1736 = GL50 at the time of the above screenshot (Tuesday 20th June). This is completely as predicted. The "MM" change fixed the number of maps players were appearing on to be equal for all (per VP level) and since all offense players (with zero ice) cannot defend, these players (including myself) are losing VP and gradually dropping out of the GL50 - making room for those with ice (who can defend) and who have had the patience and forethought to accumulate Power Powder to boost that ice.

I will now stop playing with the Kasparov account and concentrate on my alt (which has been saving Power Powder) in an effort to return to the GL50 doing it the "right way" - i.e. by placing increasing levels of ice and defending some attacks - allowing the account to rise in VP.

Once again - thanks to all I have met on the way.

Frazp99 / Kasparov
    Last edited by OOOOOOOMAMA; 1 Day Ago at 01:50 PM.