Thread: Any update on new matchmaking system?

Any update on new matchmaking system?

When drew first posted this: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...alance-Changes

He said that was the first of several changes to MM. Any news on when the next change will be? At the very least, could we please have some insight about the issues the first change caused?

For those who donít know, the first change to MM, caused repeated matchings between players. For me at 1285 VP, there are about 10 players who I mostly get matched with everyday. I raid them and they raid me, everyday, on repeat. This is extremely frustrating to me because these players always play when I play. Iím constantly waiting to attack players on my map because I keep getting the ďcanít attack! Player is onlineĒ message. All the time! Please fix! Lol

(P.S. I donít mind the fact that I get the same players everyday. Some have no ice and other have heavy ice itís fair. Itís the fact that we all seem to play around the same time everyday. Iím constantly wasting boosts because I canít attack the players already on my map)

Rant over!
    XP 65 | 1302 Max VP
    Highest VP Rank Reached: Local US 29th - Global 287th
    Mega Crab 5 - US Top 50 Finalist ---- Mega Crab 8-10 Japan Top 15 Finalist.
    Mega Crab Trophies: 3 Diamond
    Apexís VP Push Guide

I am currently at 1284 VP and see the same sort of thing. I’ve seen a raider take down my base twice in a 5 hour period and I’ve been able to take down a guy’s base 5 times in 3 days. I also see a very small pool of players and we take turns smashing each other’s bases. I’m not complaining since the attacks on my base are way down (roughly 9/day).

Quote Originally Posted by LieutenantDangotlegs View Post
    I am currently at 1284 VP and see the same sort of thing. I’ve seen a raider take down my base twice in a 5 hour period and I’ve been able to take down a guy’s base 5 times in 3 days. I also see a very small pool of players and we take turns smashing each other’s bases. I’m not complaining since the attacks on my base are way down (roughly 9/day).
    I'm seeing about 9 raids a day as well (before and after the MM change). I don't mind the repeats (obviously this has to change though). It's just having all these players online same time as me and not being able to attack them (since they are online) is wrecking my PVP invasion %.

Just a little bit ago, I had 2 players on my map and both were constantly online for over an hour. It was very frustrating. It's one thing to have this happen on occasion but this is a regular occurrence for me since the MM change. In fact, one of the guys I was trying to raid, ended up raiding me while my finger took a break from smashing the attack button, then proceeded to stay online for the next 30 min.

The best thing about ER is that I can clear map in 20 min and enjoy life while occasionally checking back in for new spawns. Today I spent 2 hours in the morning waiting for a player to get offline so I can raid him boosted. Since I only boosted up to raid him in the first place...
    XP 65 | 1302 Max VP
    Apexís VP Push Guide

If you canít raid any player bases because everyone on your map is online at the same time, go hit your op while boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikect1020 View Post
    If you can’t raid any player bases because everyone on your map is online at the same time, go hit your op while boosted.
    Sure, but that only takes 4 minutes!
    main acct XP: 65 TH: 31 TD: 30, 13, 13 GBE: 42, 17, 17, 16, 16 PSC: 74 "babies" XP: 63, 60, 59, 58, 32
    Op Rewards Decoded: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bkSAoctZNAeFGEGxZi1dylIx_zSMKmAiUym71JTFl-U/edit#gid=0

Forum Superstar
    Not noticing anything different on my map with spawns so I'm not sure.

But then again I'm currently only at around 790VP primarily because I'm slowly loosing VP. Was around 850 a month ago but now I'm at that bored stage where I don't even care to maintain my VP. Seems like ICE is the way to go now to retain VP unless you are ok being stuck to this game for a good portion throughout the day which I'm not into.

The cause of this issue seems to be that the band of players (VP range) you can spawn is very narrow. In my case, it seems to be +/- 25 VP. So, for someone at high VP (ie. 1600) there are a very limited number of players in that range who can potentially be spawned. However, players at low VP (i.e. 800) have hundreds and potentially thousands of potential matches in their band. Thus, the higher your VP level, the more pronounced this issue becomes.
    Bismarck - 1340 VP - Angry Volcano - 4 TD - 1 TH - 5 GBE // Trophies: 3 Diamond
    Rank: #26 in Canada - #9 on Tribal Crab - #43 on Hasty Crab

Quote Originally Posted by Mikect1020 View Post
    If you can’t raid any player bases because everyone on your map is online at the same time, go hit your op while boosted.
    I have been! 2 AZ solo’s in a row! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brezb View Post
    Not noticing anything different on my map with spawns so I'm not sure.

But then again I'm currently only at around 790VP primarily because I'm slowly loosing VP. Was around 850 a month ago but now I'm at that bored stage where I don't even care to maintain my VP. Seems like ICE is the way to go now to retain VP unless you are ok being stuck to this game for a good portion throughout the day which I'm not into.
    According to drew, the changes only affected “high VP” players. It’s such a vague term though, even RLight once described 600 VP as high VP. In this case though the MM changes probably start to work around at least 1000 VP at a very minuscule level and most likely gradually increase up to the top.
    XP 65 | 1302 Max VP
    Apexís VP Push Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ApexFatality View Post
    (P.S. I donít mind the fact that I get the same players everyday. Some have no ice and other have heavy ice itís fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by LieutenantDangotlegs View Post
    Iím not complaining since the attacks on my base are way down (roughly 9/day).
    Quote Originally Posted by PDBismarck View Post
    Thus, the higher your VP level, the more pronounced this issue becomes.

You guys are missing the big picture. This totally breaks the VP system.

All you're doing is trading VP with the same small group of players over and over. You take from them, they take from you, repeat ad nauseum.

This means no one ever truly advances. You just swap VP in a circle [fill in the blank]. Like blackholes endlessly orbiting each other in a death spiral. Nothing gets in or out.

Leave it to SC. Every time they fix one thing, they break another.
    Hasty Crab US #16 - Tribal Crab US #40
    main (retired) maxed - VP 1250 - 3 GB, 4 TD, 3 TH
    alt (crab smasher) maxed - VP 1000 - 3 GB, 3 PSC, 2 TD, 2 TH

Quote Originally Posted by megacrab View Post
    You guys are missing the big picture. This totally breaks the VP system.

All you're doing is trading VP with the same small group of players over and over. You take from them, they take from you, repeat ad nauseum.

This means no one ever truly advances. You just swap VP in a circle [fill in the blank]. Like blackholes endlessly orbiting each other in a death spiral. Nothing gets in or out.

Leave it to SC. Every time they fix one thing, they break another.
    I agree this new issue needs to be fixed. I’m still advancing though at my level. I’m sure the higher you go the worse it scales. I’m seeing some new faces this morning but some regular repeats as well. Perhaps this issue is slowly getting fixed?
    XP 65 | 1302 Max VP
    Apexís VP Push Guide