Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time should be versus battle tie breaker

Quote Originally Posted by Gravenites View Post
    I agree with you. We just need a good idea to break the 100% ties
    i have only ever had one. i appreciate it probly happens a lot more to people who missed the start, but as you build defences to match your offence you will see a lot less 3*.
    it probably doesnt help you feel better now though!

one idea i tossed around back in the day was that you had an immediate rematch but couldnt use any of the same troop types as in your first attack (ie likely have to swap from air to ground, or to mass barbs or something). that would work for people who use bulk attack types for me, but disadvantage people who use kitchen sink type approaches i suppose.

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravenites View Post
    I agree with you. We just need a good idea to break the 100% ties

Easy .. upgrade your BH, Defences, Troops, Battle Machine and Walls .. AND make a base design that's more difficult to crush.

If there was another tie-breaker, people would quickly find a way to exploit it.

100% + 100% = a draw .. nobody wins, move on to the next attack.

/Affront
    TH12-59/60/26|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

I agree that this likely happens at lower levels. Uncommon on my BH8. Quite common on my BH6.
    I also agree that if a game profession type of award is given for a 100% tie, folks will find a way to exploit.
    What if a 100% tie awards both players with having their army immediately ready for the next battle?

Centennial Club
    https://imgur.com/DUoTgf1

This makes me really want a tie-breaker. It might not be immediately obvious but I didn't have to use all my troops or my battle machine (8 levels bellow his) and still whooped him. Feeling hella salty about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by esunsalmista View Post
    https://imgur.com/DUoTgf1

This makes me really want a tie-breaker. It might not be immediately obvious but I didn't have to use all my troops or my battle machine (8 levels bellow his) and still whooped him. Feeling hella salty about this one.
    I think it would be funny if he beat you because he killed your base faster while you tried to swag some units be all show boaty about it. I'm actually all for a timed tie-breaker. Great idea!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirhead View Post
    I think it would be funny if he beat you because he killed your base faster while you tried to swag some units be all show boaty about it. I'm actually all for a timed tie-breaker. Great idea!
    Nothing about what I did was showboaty. Baby Dragon attacks aren't a "drop everything down in the beginning and hope for the best" strategy. You only drop a few at a time and drop more one by one as needed. Sometimes you've done the work before you get to drop all of them. And other times it's a bad idea to drop an additional one if it kills the rage effect.

Also several people have made serious points to why timed tie-breakers are a bad idea.
    Last edited by esunsalmista; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:20 AM.

Forum Hero
    Nothing about what I did was showboaty. Baby Dragon attacks aren't a "drop everything down in the beginning and hope for the best" strategy. You only drop a few at a time and drop more one by one as needed. Sometimes you've done the work before you get to drop all of them. And other times it's a bad idea to drop an additional one if it kills the rage effect.

Also several people have made serious points to why timed tie-breakers are a bad idea.

Mass Sneaky Archer attacks aren't a "drop everything down in the beginning and hope for the best" strategy. You only drop a few at a time and drop more one by one as needed. Sometimes you've done the work before you get to drop all of them. And other times it's a bad idea to drop an additional one if the first one is about to lose cloak.

Everybody has a favorite attack style, that will seem magic, annoying, time consuming or overpowered, depending on the outcome of the attack.

When everybody has maxed out troops, only the time and the base design will determine who wins.

I believe that the base design should be the weigh much much more, than time. .. and THAT happens to be how the game has been set up.

Now .. 100% draws are annoying, but they are seriously rare at the higher trophy levels.

/Affront
    Recruiting

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Mass Sneaky Archer attacks aren't a "drop everything down in the beginning and hope for the best" strategy. You only drop a few at a time and drop more one by one as needed. Sometimes you've done the work before you get to drop all of them. And other times it's a bad idea to drop an additional one if the first one is about to lose cloak.

Everybody has a favorite attack style, that will seem magic, annoying, time consuming or overpowered, depending on the outcome of the attack.

When everybody has maxed out troops, only the time and the base design will determine who wins.

I believe that the base design should be the weigh much much more, than time. .. and THAT happens to be how the game has been set up.

Now .. 100% draws are annoying, but they are seriously rare at the higher trophy levels.

/Affront
    First of all, I don't know what the point of your first paragraph is. Read the posts first because I don't think you know what the conversation even was. From the look of it, you thought I was praising my attack strategy vs others and that's not what I was saying. The guy was saying he thought it'd be funny if I lost on time because I was messing around holding back troops. And I explained why that's pretty normal with that attack strategy. Same goes for sneaky archer.

Also, if 100% draws barely happen at the highest level, then those players shouldn't mind if the tiebreaker is more tailored to non maxed players. Overall time is a bad tiebreaker for reasons a lot of people already brought up.
    Last edited by esunsalmista; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:40 AM.

Forum Hero
    First of all, I don't know what the point of your first paragraph is. Read the posts first because I don't think you know what the conversation even was. From the look of it, you thought I was praising my attack strategy vs others and that's not what I was saying. The guy was saying he thought it'd be funny if I lost on time because I was messing around holding back troops. And I explained why that's pretty normal with that attack strategy. Same goes for sneaky archer.

Also, if 100% draws barely happen at the highest level, then those players shouldn't mind if the tiebreaker is more tailored to non maxed players. Overall time is a bad tiebreaker for reasons a lot of people already brought up.
    Mass Baby Dragons or Mass Archers .. it's all the same. Both attacks take consideration and strategy, and your description of one applies equally to the other.

The only difference between the two strategies is, that the Mass Archers tend to use a bit more time. That doesn't make it an invalid strategy (though I prefer CartsGiantsBombers or CartsPekkaBombers or something like that).

You note that time is a bad tiebreaker, and I agree completely ..

/Affront
    Recruiting

I wouldn’t like time as a tie breaker even though I’m the type of player that it would often benefit. What would be awesome, though, would be an immediate rematch without any waiting for troops/BM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.