Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Impact of the new update on my engineered TH11.

  1. #1
    Millennial Club PapaTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,372

    Impact of the new update on my engineered TH11.

    I am the much hated engineer. Don't bother telling me I am nothing but a low-down, no-good, dirty dog. I have heard it all. That is not what I am here to discuss.

    My single cannon TH11 has only one optimized attack, level 6 dragons and maxed lightning/quake. I bring a hound in the cc, 4 lightning, one rage, one quake, and a freeze in the cc to deal with an inferno. I avoid unlocking or upgrading unused troops to keep my weight lean.



    Now my level 6 dragons went from 3200 to 3300 hit points. Helpful, but not a game changer.

    Lightning spell boost is a game changer. Two lightning spells is enough to destroy any AD up to level 9. By bringing 5 lightning and another in the CC I can now take out 3 AD on any TH11 and below. The other 1/2 spell can now be poison or freeze, after a few upgrades.

    I could take ED in the CC, but he is slow to move and slower to pull the trigger. By the time he is ready to fire the drags have already burned down all targets in the area. I will stick with lava hound for a tank. But I may change my mind when I get a blimp to deliver him straight to the town hall.

    With AD dropping so early I need only worry about archer towers, which lost a bit of firepower in the update. From 2 to 6 dps, depending on level.

    On the whole this is a good update for this account. My main may disagree.

    I will never take this account to TH 12 for obvious reasons. But I will still find a target I can handle in any war.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

  2. #2
    Tomville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    8,416
    Don’t underestimate ED in the CC as a possible funnel creator for the main attack, where the chain lightning can take out a lot of perimeter junk and even some defences without being in range. Worth experimenting with, anyway. JudoSloth and Galadon both have recent vids that demonstrate ED possibilities there.
    Last edited by Tomville; June 13th, 2018 at 05:15 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I am the much hated engineer. Don't bother telling me I am nothing but a low-down, no-good, dirty dog. I have heard it all. That is not what I am here to discuss.

    My single cannon TH11 has only one optimized attack, level 6 dragons and maxed lightning/quake. I bring a hound in the cc, 4 lightning, one rage, one quake, and a freeze in the cc to deal with an inferno. I avoid unlocking or upgrading unused troops to keep my weight lean.



    Now my level 6 dragons went from 3200 to 3300 hit points. Helpful, but not a game changer.

    Lightning spell boost is a game changer. Two lightning spells is enough to destroy any AD up to level 9. By bringing 5 lightning and another in the CC I can now take out 3 AD on any TH11 and below. The other 1/2 spell can now be poison or freeze, after a few upgrades.

    I could take ED in the CC, but he is slow to move and slower to pull the trigger. By the time he is ready to fire the drags have already burned down all targets in the area. I will stick with lava hound for a tank. But I may change my mind when I get a blimp to deliver him straight to the town hall.

    With AD dropping so early I need only worry about archer towers, which lost a bit of firepower in the update. From 2 to 6 dps, depending on level.

    On the whole this is a good update for this account. My main may disagree.

    I will never take this account to TH 12 for obvious reasons. But I will still find a target I can handle in any war.
    Check out some of my Electro Drag videos. Rage spells will be very much your friend since they have a slow attack speed. In numbers the electro Drag is amazing. My video this morning even experimented with a few Lava Hounds so that you don’t need to plough as many Drags in and it worked really well.

  4. #4
    OnyxDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Brexit Island
    Posts
    5,783
    Quote Originally Posted by JuDoSloTh89 View Post
    Check out some of my Electro Drag videos. Rage spells will be very much your friend since they have a slow attack speed. In numbers the electro Drag is amazing. My video this morning even experimented with a few Lava Hounds so that you don’t need to plough as many Drags in and it worked really well.
    I think the key here is "in numbers". I've seen the same as Papa troll - Eddie doesn't work well in a team with other troops. By the time he's worked out how to pull the trigger the other troops will have cleared the target, and the cycle starts all over again. I watched 2 eddies and my AQ clean up the perimeter of a base in FC including some defences, and they went around a quarter of the base with the eddies literally never taking a single shot - my AQ killed every single building with the tiny drag brains doing little except register vague puzzlement about where all the targets were going.

    The rage spell doesn't increase attack speed, so doesn't help with this. In fact it can make it worse as it helps the assisting troops kill the target during the drag's thinking time.

    Eddies in large numbers though - yes they seem to work well.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

  5. #5
    Pro Member nobeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deepest darkest Devon
    Posts
    670
    I think what might interest OP more is that a single electro dragon can do an amazing job funnelling when trash is compacted together and out of ad range ... I agree mass electro dragons works well but I can't see a highly offence engineered base (which I assume has nothing above dragons unlocked as elixir troops?) going for the max elixir troop and adding a heap to their offence weight any time soon ... obviously base dependant but a cc electro dragon not in a siege machine can funnel a huge amount - and quite quickly if the zaps bounce to 3/4/5 targets at once. Once it is done, funneling it can join in the dragon attack to some extent too. I would suggest in a siege machine hound and loons or just loons probably more helpful than an electro dragon on a mass dragon attack?
    Last edited by nobeone; June 13th, 2018 at 11:32 AM.

  6. #6
    Millennial Club PapaTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    I think what might interest OP more is that a single electro dragon can do an amazing job funnelling when trash is compacted together and out of ad range ... I agree mass electro dragons works well but I can't see a highly offence engineered base (which I assume has nothing above dragons unlocked as elixir troops?) going for the max elixir troop and adding a heap to their offence weight any time soon ... obviously base dependant but a cc electro dragon not in a siege machine can funnel a huge amount - and quite quickly if the zaps bounce to 3/4/5 targets at once. I would suggest in a siege machine hound and loons or just loons probably more helpful than an electro dragon on a mass dragon attack?
    You are correct that dragons are the highest troop unlocked. Your point about clearing the trash outside of AD range is a good one, especially as I can now take down so many AD with lightning. Means 3/4 of base can be out of range of AD.

    Judo love your content, but this account will have only the cc to play with. Now my main account will be more complicated as there are several attack:-/army comps in play. Mass Eddies is an option over there.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

  7. #7
    Pro Member nobeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deepest darkest Devon
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    You are correct that dragons are the highest troop unlocked. Your point about clearing the trash outside of AD range is a good one, especially as I can now take down so many AD with lightning. Means 3/4 of base can be out of range of AD.

    Judo love your content, but this account will have only the cc to play with. Now my main account will be more complicated as there are several attack:-/army comps in play. Mass Eddies is an option over there.
    Ah yes! If you zap a bunch of ad, then drop the electro dragon to funnel ... could clear a lot of the base if it is compact and it avoids air mines ...

  8. #8
    Millennial Club PapaTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,372
    Did the math and two max lightning should clear level 10 AD too. Have not had a chance to demonstrate it yet.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; June 13th, 2018 at 05:01 PM.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •