Thread: Why is spectator mode limited to horse leaderboard?

Why is spectator mode limited to horse leaderboard?

Due to family issues I have had to opt out of derby this week. I am in spectator mode and find it soooo frustrating that I canít view our derby board or task log. As leader of my hood, I like to keep up with where each member is, in case there are issues that need to be addressed. For example, a newbie to the hood, an experienced player was sitting on a boat last week for an extended period of time. After catching up w her and encouraging her to ask for help, she explained that she was hesitant bc as a new member she didnít want to be viewed as needy. We are a helpful hood and this was a difficult boat. I was concerned she may not complete all her tasks. Sometimes inexperienced members just need general guidance. I donít understand the harm in opt outs viewing the entire derby process. Can this be considered in a future update?

Pro Member
    I think you actualy already have answered your own question ,
    If you could see more as spectator the OPT-out team leaders would still leade the Derby ,
    IF the the team leader is opt-out , to LEAD the Derby is the supreme CO- LEADERS job ! you as opt-out leader should not interrupt in any way , If you do interrupt it downgrade the Co-leader to only a honorfic ,
    IT IS the team leaders JOB to get good Co-leaders ,so they can lead , if the team leader not is on or is opt-out .
    Last edited by Lyngby; June 13th, 2018 at 12:31 AM.

While I understand what you are saying, I disagree that you are interrupting the derby. Consider those farms who have multiple feeder farms to assist them in winning derbies , or the hoods who have a few inderby and use a large number of opted out farms essentially as feeder farms to supply derby items. This impacts the derby much more than a little guidance. I fully understand and agree with the role of a coleader, however I found your remarks quite hostile not knowing the dynamics of our neighborhood.

Millennial Club
    I’d like everyone to be able to see the derby when opted out - just a greyed out version. We are a super keen derby hood with typically 25-28/30 opted in, but those who need to opt out can become isolated from the team effort because they can’t see what help people need. It would also help avoid people doing things like collecting townies needed for a task, because they couldn’t see the tasks in play.

As leader (and probably control freak LOL) on the very rare occasions I have opted out, I’d really like to see how things are progressing. Not to take control, but to help and offer encouragement or strategic advice if needed.

I don’t believe there is any hostile intent in Lyngbys reply, but the style of writing is very adamant that his style of leadership is the only way to do things. There is no requirement for a leader to do anything, and every hood has different dynamics. We use coleader in a different way altogether. Once a player proves over time their maturity and commitment to the team ethos, and ability to deliver in the derby, they will become a coleader. Anyone failing to reach that standard will not remain a part of the hood for long. Right now I have me, 22 coleaders and 6 elders. Our rules and style of play are simple and consistent (themed and bingo derby apart), there are no slackers, standards of behaviour are very high, coleaders simply work together as equals towards a common goal.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Thank you Steve, yes you get my point about being isolated from the derby and not being able to offer help be it material needs or strategic guidance. Your point about townies is absolutely so true. I canít tell you how many times those opted out have picked up much needed townies bc they were unaware that they were needed by a tasker. I donít consider myself a control freak but I do manage my hood actively and Iím told by my members that this is much appreciated. I only have one coleader bc we choose to make final decisions together. We have a sufficient number of elders to trash all time zones. The rest are members. We ALL vote on major hood decisions. We have this hierarchy not because we donít work as equals but bc our system of trashing is very specific and we have learned the hard way that too many hands in the mix have caused problems. My hood is very happy and stable w very little turnover and although we are always trying to improve, we are happy with our win record. We all work hard, help each other and donít tolerate slackers.

Pro Member
    I most defintely dont have any hostile intennton in my answer that I can assure ,
    I did a VERY BAD mistake with this problem 2 years ago , I hade not taught the Co-leaders properly ,
    My wife and I got on holiday for 14 days , THERE WAS NO INTERNET !that did work where we did end up .
    The Co-leader we hade left in trust of the team hade a 14 day nightmare , AND HAVE NOT PLAYD any Derbys after that !
    If my top Co-leader back then hade been leading a few Derbys and the team , when I was home but not disrupting only answers on queries (and only if she ask)
    She should been in a much better position , Dont do my mistake learn from it ! It is much cheaper ,
    Last edited by Lyngby; June 14th, 2018 at 03:00 PM.

Thank you Lyngby.

Centennial Club
    I also would like to see the task tab. Even though I stepped away from leadership it’d be helpful to know which tasks are worked on. If someone has a help task then I won’t water myself. Or if someone is working on a boat I’d be more willing to help even with a more challenging one.

However, as a developer, I can understand that it might be difficult to change the screen element to display-only if originally it was designed as interactive. I’m sure the SC team has a good design there but it may not be a minor change.
    Farm: Bunny Ranch
    NH: Atlantic to Pacific Co-op