Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Changes in base design

Forum Superstar UltraDragonMaster's Avatar
    I think an offset TH like those seen in Illuminance's DM-3 and My Stakataka base may be more powerful

Riding the Electro Dragon over Oklahoma, USA
    I think it's still probably best to keep your town hall at the center of your base. Sure they will take out some walls, but not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Therockcoc View Post
    Problem is you can seige anywhere on the map. You want as little value as possible. You can leave it alone and give a free star and someone can still seige across the map.

I think you want to Th in a position easy to reach, which initial attacker will use seige on opposite side, and that’s the side you load up traps which could really killl an attack.

Gotta remember most of us are still going against max th11 defenses. It’s only 2 days into release.
    This makes sense to me as a thing to try, especially where th is just set back enough that it can’t be sniped from outside walls. The key seems to be minimising the value a siege engine (particularly a wall wrecker) can get by way of strategic targets or distance travelled on the way to town hall. If it needs go further to get value, then there’s more that can go wrong for it and for pathing the troops accompanying it.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 15 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

some things our clan has been discussing and trying...

-Might be something to not have TH/Eagle/CC in the same line of travel.

-Double walls in some areas to help slow the SM down...

-Place heavy HP items like storages, xbows, etc... in key spots so try and slow things down

-Funneling tends to get done too well sometimes and many/most of the troops all go into the same path. Try to have the TH in a compartment by itself or not much else. Other defenses behind walls will be targeting everything funneled in.

anyhow, those are a few of the ideas we are playing with right now.

“Now remember, if things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~Clint Eastwood

Forum Superstar UltraDragonMaster's Avatar
    im pretty sure we wont see seige machines much at TH9 and 10 home bases, just gotta wait and see

On another thread Colin94 gave a link to a base building strategy video by Itzu. I won’t link it again here as it’s all in German. I don’t speak German, but Itzu is good on the diagrams and the key gist seemed to be to make a relatively broad triangle with town hall and single infernos as the three points, with the eagle set along the line between the infernos. That way any straight line path to the town hall by a siege machine can’t get through more than one of those other strategic targets on the way.
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Additional reflection from our current war where I got 4 3 stars with my 2 th12 (don’t get too excited, 2 of them had forgotten to build eagles). Don’t build a base where you can draw a straight line from the town hall through both an eagle and in inferno compartment. A wall wrecker loves that.

Prime example of what not to do:

Red was baby drag funnel, green is path of queen walk, yellow was a pekka with some bowlers funnelling, main army was giants and bowlers following the wall wrecker up the blue line. Spells included a jump in case of early wall wrecker death, or for accessing bottom corner inferno on the way back.
    Last edited by Tomville; 13 Hours Ago at 02:24 PM.