Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: War weight ?

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    But that's the way that the system works. They don't need to tweak anything - max TH9 will always be 70k even if they add buildings.
    Add buildings with weights to an existing weight system, you need to change weights in order for the sum to remain the same. Every time they've added a building, building level, unit, or unit level (walls hero levels spells anything with weight) at a given townhall they've changed storage weights of other items to keep the max weight the same. They've also changed specific item weights on occasion without any new unit/building. So its not being ignored.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    I'd refer again to the above. SC have a 'new system' that allows fine tuning, but what storage weights have visibly changed in the last 11 months?

Valks, golems, bomb tower, air sweeper changed in October. Heroes and army camps in December. Probably more that I can't remember.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    One follow-up regarding my comment about a second weight list. If anyone's been following the TH12-without-eagle threads in General, you'll have seen that Darian has confirmed that as of the latest update buildings bought in shop packs and never even placed in the main base now count towards defence weight. And players confirming that they have such bases and they haven't moved on the war map, nor their gold weight changed.

So... we know that the system must be calculating 2 different weights. When a war is spun, it works out the defence weight for each base, omitting unplaced (in main base) buildings and generates the map order to display the list in the search screen. It then calculates the defence weight for every single base again, including those buildings.

Now y'all can continue to believe that those 2 calculations use the same notoriously useless list of building weights. Much more plausible to me, is that the reason there is 2 calculations in the first place is that they have 2 lists of building weights. In this last update when they included the unplaced buildings they updated the actual (matching) defence weight calculation. It might have been beneficial to also update the old gold weight/ranking calculation - but I guess that gets little attention from the team.
    I think it is best to NOT update those gold weights, but to tell us that.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Don't know if this will help prove anything, but in our current war both of these bases weigh 71K. They seem out of order to me with regards to sense of difficulty. I will also include a picture of #10 as I feel (from a difficulty perspective) that it should be under #12. The weights of these three bases are: 84K/71K/71K. This war was matched after th12 update. The main difference I see between #11 and #12 is that one has a 3rd x-bow and the other has a warden.

When I searched the war, we had 1 th12 and the other was upgrading. The opposing clan has no th12's but have an extra 2 eagles and an extra 6 infernos. (we have 3/12 they have 5/18).
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Add buildings with weights to an existing weight system, you need to change weights in order for the sum to remain the same.
    Well, no, they can just change the gold coefficients to maintain the 110k limit, without adjusting any item weights. To explain what I mean properly is probably a story for another thread - I'll try and write a proper explanation when I get a chance
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Add buildings with weights to an existing weight system, you need to change weights in order for the sum to remain the same. Every time they've added a building, building level, unit, or unit level (walls hero levels spells anything with weight) at a given townhall they've changed storage weights of other items to keep the max weight the same. They've also changed specific item weights on occasion without any new unit/building. So its not being ignored.
    I finally got my proper answer to this finished - in my non-linear ramblings thread.

Using the system described in there, all SC need to do to maintain a bogus list of gold weights is add a number for any new gun levels they add. It doesn't matter if the number is particularly sensible, since it's only purpose is to confuse the filthy optimisers, so they can just fill in anything.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e