Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dahimi's ideas forum posting guide.

He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar

Dahimi's ideas forum posting guide.

I believe most people want an ideas forum that is filled with new, good ideas as well as spirited relevant discussion of those ideas. Unfortunately these ideas are often drowned out by all of the repetitive bad ones.

You might think that a good idea is subjective, but it isn't and there are several guidelines you can follow to help ensure that your idea is a good one and not a bad one.

1. Is your idea in the sticky?

Read the sticky located here:
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...rum-guidelines

If your idea is in the ruled out section on the bottom, do not post it. While SC reserves the right to revisit ruled out ideas at any time; no amount of begging, whining, complaining, posting, arguing, etc will make any difference. They may revisit and implement ruled out ideas on their terms at their discretion.

If your idea is present in one of the other sections, that means it has been posted before (usually many times). Use the search function to find those posts and determine whether or not you have anything to add to the discussion. If you do, consider posting to one of the already existing threads.

2. Use the search function.

If you don't see your idea in the sticky, use the search function. Here is a great guide on how to use it:
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...ing-the-Forums

Read the threads that come up and decide if you have anything new to add to the discussion. If you do, consider posting to one of the already existing threads.

3. Does your idea contain the following words or phrases: "Bank", "Market Place", "Donate Resources", "Vault", "Multiple Builders", "Search Filter", "Gem Mine", "Exchange"?

If so, it's bad. Trust me.

4. Post using a descriptive title.

A descriptive title helps your idea stand out. It also ensures that the people who read it are interested. No one likes to read a post based on the title only to find that the title has misled them.

5. Be detailed when posting your idea.

Explain why you want it, how it is different, and provide as much detail as you can on how your idea might work. Mastermind's ideas threads do a very good job of illustrating this concept.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...NS-of-pictures!)

Doing this is a lot of work, but this how you get support for your idea. Consider that if you aren't willing to put in the effort, the idea probably is not that important to you.

6. When considering your idea, think a few steps ahead.

A lot of people post ideas and only consider how great the idea would be if they had it. They fail to consider what would happen if everyone had it. Nearly all bank and vault type of ideas suffer from this. Yes it'd be great if you could stash resources away. It'd be terrible if everyone could.

Also try to consider how people might use your idea to gain unintended advantages. Resource donation suffers from this. It's not that SC is greedy, it's that resource donation would cause several game breaking problems. Things like gold selling, dummy accounts that only serve to produce resources for donation, transfer of resources between shielded accounts, etc.

7. If you find that your idea requires a lot of exceptions in order to be feasible, it's likely not a good idea.

Nearly all clan wars ideas suffer from this. Someone posts a clan wars idea and they have to keep amending it in response to people posting all of the ways it won't work. Don't be this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t0UNUwGWlB0#t=52

8. Do not bump your own threads.

If people are interested in discussing your idea, they will do so. Continuously bumping your idea is just annoying for everyone else. Don't do it.

9. Don't use someone elses' idea as a platform for advertising your own.

If your idea is good, it will get noticed. This means don't post: "I like your idea, now look at my completely unrelated idea over here."

Quote Originally Posted by dahimi View Post
    I believe most people want an ideas forum that is filled with new, good ideas as well as spirited relevant discussion of those ideas. Unfortunately these ideas are often drowned out by all of the repetitive bad ones.

You might think that a good idea is subjective, but it isn't and there are several guidelines you can follow to help ensure that your idea is a good one and not a bad one.

If your idea is in the ruled out section on the bottom, do not post it. While SC reserves the right to revisit ruled out ideas at any time; no amount of begging, whining, complaining, posting, arguing, etc will make any difference. They may revisit and implement ruled out ideas on their terms at their discretion.

If your idea is present in one of the other sections, that means it has been posted before (usually many times). Use the search function to find those posts and determine whether or not you have anything to add to the discussion. If you do, consider posting to one of the already existing threads.

If you don't see your idea in the sticky, use the search function. Here is a great guide on how to use it:

Read the threads that come up and decide if you have anything new to add to the discussion. If you do, consider posting to one of the already existing threads.

3. Does your idea contain the following words or phrases: "Bank", "Market Place", "Donate Resources", "Vault", "Multiple Builders", "Search Filter", "Gem Mine", "Exchange"?

A descriptive title helps your idea stand out. It also ensures that the people who read it are interested. No one likes to read a post based on the title only to find that the title has misled them.

Explain why you want it, how it is different, and provide as much detail as you can on how your idea might work. Mastermind's ideas threads do a very good job of illustrating this concept.

Doing this is a lot of work, but this how you get support for your idea. Consider that if you aren't willing to put in the effort, the idea probably is not that important to you.

A lot of people post ideas and only consider how great the idea would be if they had it. They fail to consider what would happen if everyone had it. Nearly all bank and vault type of ideas suffer from this. Yes it'd be great if you could stash resources away. It'd be terrible if everyone could.

Also try to consider how people might use your idea to gain unintended advantages. Resource donation suffers from this. It's not that SC is greedy, it's that resource donation would cause several game breaking problems. Things like gold selling, dummy accounts that only serve to produce resources for donation, transfer of resources between shielded accounts, etc.

7. If you find that your idea requires a lot of exceptions in order to be feasible, it's likely not a good idea.

Nearly all clan wars ideas suffer from this. Someone posts a clan wars idea and they have to keep amending it in response to people posting all of the ways it won't work. Don't be this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UNUwGWlB0#t=52
    this needs to be a sticky
    Last edited by vinnyXo; November 27th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

| IGN: vinnyxo | |Level:135| |Th: 10| |Clan: Unity Origins|
    Clicky --> |MyYoutube| <-- Clicky
    Full Zaps GG: 2 Billion

Quote Originally Posted by dahimi View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UNUwGWlB0#t=52
    nice post for new peeps, but remember everyone that just because you have a idea doesn't mean you shouldn't post, imagination is key and don't be afraid to still use it. Just think before posting. And most importantly use the stickies

He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KENdiabolics View Post
    nice post for new peeps, but remember everyone that just because you have a idea doesn't mean you shouldn't post, imagination is key and don't be afraid to still use it. Just think before posting. And most importantly use the stickies
    Actually no. Having an idea does mean you shouldn't post if it is some how contradicted by the guide.

A valiant effort to instill some (lately much needed and missed) common sense into game change idea polls and threads. Thank you.

I am riding on a Phoenix, playing Super Smash Bros, although its fire is burning my bottom.
    please make this a sticky, please
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercell
    Never assume anything. It makes an A.S.S. out of U and M.E.

^^^Click on signature picture^^^
    Current Main Games: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U | Super Smash Bros. 3DS | Mario Kart 8
    Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796

Don't really see what that Romanian guy has to do with making exceptions, but okay.

If I missed the connection, I'm not stupid!

I'm not stupid. I'm not...
    Yahallo
    Someone killed my pumpkin bomb
    Post Count Ranks and Titles

Wow! I had something similar, but yours is way better.
    Ign(In game name)-known
    Clan name- Unity
    Are you looking for constant high level troop donations like level 3+ dragons and level 5+ wizards? Unity is the clan for you! You can find our recruitment thread here!
    Check out our Alliance-Wide Youtube Channel here!

Sticky this please

This pretty much covers everything to know about posting in the ideas section. Top notch stuff

Level: 120
    Clan: Ausanzuks
    Helpful links: Forum Rules | Guides: Premature Townhall |Clash Of Clans Wiki
    My COC youtube channel

This is much easier and compact advice for newer and less experienced members. OH GREAT AND POWERFUL MODERATORS: MAKE THIS A STICKY!