Thread: Whats with the Scarecrows Diary??

Whats with the Scarecrows Diary??

The Scarecrows Diary for the past week showed up in the farm news feed today. Back in the good old days of photobucket, we had some fabulous farm stories and cartoons in the Creativity forumway better and that encouraged farmer participation and discussion. I dont quite understand what this Scarecrow Diary is...my hope is that its something to do with the next update. If not, its a lot of creative energy that could have been invested in something useful and interactive.

Farm Level 114 | Town 36 | Achievements 138/144

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    The Scarecrow’s Diary for the past week showed up in the farm news feed today. Back in the good old days of photobucket, we had some fabulous farm stories and cartoons in the Creativity forum—way better and that encouraged farmer participation and discussion. I don’t quite understand what this Scarecrow Diary is...my hope is that it’s something to do with the next update. If not, it’s a lot of creative energy that could have been invested in something useful and interactive.
    My thoughts exactly. I opened it thinking it would be an interesting read. I sure didn’t read very far. Click. Done with that nonsense. Creative as it may be, can they please channel that into something useful that does not involve Maggie? Poor Angus is over in the fishing area with nothing to do but drop his pipe in the water. Town looks abandoned with sleeping sanctuary animals and an idling train on my farm. Please SC. Stop with silly and let’s get back in the game shall we? Tyvm

**please see disclaimer**

Farm level: 222 Silo 10,700 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: "Maggie will leave soon". >MasterKilde<

I agree it seems a little pointless except that SC doesnt do pointless things - except for See Visitor in the Town.😖😄 Im joking - mostly.

So based on there being a purpose for everything, I assumed it was summer update related. I thought it was coincidental that SmallChange complained about the summer clothes and the first entry is about clothes different from what we know. Too many years of addiction makes all HD players prescient!😉 Or at least endlessly hopeful...
    Last edited by BostonGirl; June 8th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

Forum Superstar
    Seems cute. I hope there's a reason for it!
    Hay Day farm level 87 -Town Reputation level 19
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    10/12 sanctuary animals- 6 adults, 4 babies - Done gathering expansion permits
    Started September 2014! (not in a hurry.)
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 44/Rep 10~

I just made a nostalgic tour of the Creativity forum, and guess what!? LeChatFermier’s fabulous “Farmtoons” are still visible!!! I highly recommend a visit to them for a glimpse of what scarecrow should be aspiring to when it comes to sharing everyday moments of life on the farm. The graphics and story lines are exceptional.

Here’s a link to an especially timely Farmtoon:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1187007-Farmtoon-5-Don-t-touch-the-5-balloons%21

It is from the Hay Day birthday party the year that diamond deco offers were introduced and we were all still in shock that we could only get the birthday decos if we bought diamonds. (We did get the chocolate fountain for participating in the birthday event.)

Here’s another example of how the forums offer a unique place for farmers to interact and build on each other’s posts. It all started with the complaint here in the forums that the sheep were wearing their antlers l-o-n-g after the holiday season, and the rest is happy history...
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...see-themselves
    There are other Farmtoons. Just scroll back looking for “Farmtoon” or LeChatFermier.

The bottom line for me is that there is still not a simple, reliable way to post images here in the forums. Seeing that LeChat’s artwork is still here just serves to confirm that the forums were a much richer and more lively, colorful place when there were more images.

Scarecrow has some work to do to come up to LeChat’s level for a blue ribbon at the Hay Day county fair.

EDIT: I just went browsing further in Creativity, and all the images that disappeared when photobucket said we would have to begin paying to use it have returned, including mine. What’s with that? I’m delighted, but it still doesn’t solve the current problem...or does it?
    Last edited by MiniGardener; June 8th, 2018 at 07:30 PM.

Great news, that, Mini. I have brought the links to the top of the page so they are easy to find and those who havent experienced the delights of the Hay Day Mysteries. An enjoy them too. (Also updated my lantern festival post in Off Topic)
    Last edited by GladeMaid; June 8th, 2018 at 07:54 PM.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Hi Glade! Part of the fun of revisiting all the goodies from our HD Creativity forum was seeing posts from old friends. For the last hour, I’ve been trying out image posting possibilities that didn’t satisfy me in the past. imgur just posts links which doesn’t do much for a smooth conversation. (How many people actually follow those, anyway?) Here’s my new attempt at tiny pics...

Yay! It is a photo of a suggestion I made long ago for a “trophy” for completing the fishing book! Beware, everyone, MiniGardener will return with more deco suggestion photos...
    Last edited by MiniGardener; June 8th, 2018 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Hi Glade! Part of the fun of revisiting all the goodies from our HD Creativity forum was seeing posts from old friends. For the last hour, I’ve been trying out image posting possibilities that didn’t satisfy me in the past. imgur just posts links which doesn’t do much for a smooth conversation. (How many people actually follow those, anyway?) Here’s my new attempt at tiny pics...

Yay! It is a photo of a suggestion I made long ago for a “trophy” for completing the fishing book! Beware, everyone, MiniGardener will return with more deco suggestion photos...
    Tiny Pic is indeed easier to use. Also PhotoBucket sent out a notice not long ago we can access our pics and I believe some I had posted from them are showing again. They reconsidered I guess when no one paid $500 a year for the privilege of using their site.

Farm level: 222 Silo 10,700 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: "Maggie will leave soon". >MasterKilde<

Mini - thanks for those links. I just read the first one...the lobster and the balloons. 😂 I honestly cracked up at the genuine horror in her voice when she saw him heading for them. And her artwork! Oh my my my! Gorgeous. Thank you!