Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 411 to 419 of 419

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Town Hall 12 Update Preview - New Troop and Hero Levels

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It is, and that is one of the main arguments against introducing PvP there.
    PvP is what I want to see most. Make this game more "slapstick" like for majority of players, especially perma-maxers who dont spend any money. The best part about a PvP is people dont HAVE to play it if they dont want. But this would bring a competitive element to the game thats not there right now. We need something different than the same old farming, and the clan wars that have gotten stale. There are no clan perks past level 10. The 24 hour war is now monotonous. I am running my own 10v10's now with all my accounts because of it. Waiting on other people day in and day out sucks the fun out of it. This game needs PvP in multiplayer
    Last edited by gizmo249; June 10th, 2018 at 10:13 PM.

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by nelard View Post
    (For me) TH11 is perfectly balanced right now.

    Vs other max TH11s:
    -I can 3 star at a fairly good rate in wars, where I have adequate time to build a custom army and pick apart the base
    -I can 3 star at a fairly good rate in legends, where I use an all purpose army. Some better designs I've come close to 0 star fails, but it's not yet happened
    -My base has not yet been 3 starred in a war
    -My base has been 3 starred in legends, when cc is missing/heroes are down
    -I still get the occasional defense win in both wars and legends

    I consider myself to be a far greater than average attacker, and for me, the ratio of my defenses won vs my 3 star attacks is at a very good place. As excited as I am for TH12, I'm sad to be leaving behind the balanced gameplay of TH11. I hope the ratio stays the same as it is now. Not too many 3 stars (yet possible) as well as not too many defensive wins (yet possible).
    You must be heavily engineered if your base has never been 3 starred by a th11 proper in clan wars. We've all gotten bitten since the inferno nerf. Either that or this is a flat out lie.
    Last edited by gizmo249; June 10th, 2018 at 10:18 PM.

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #413
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo249 View Post
    You must be heavily engineered if your base has never been 3 starred by a th11 proper in clan wars. We've all gotten bitten since the inferno nerf. Either that or this is a flat out lie.
    The possibility he is engineered if his base has never been 3 starred is NIL. Assuming he has been in 2 or more wars.

    Engineered bases almost ALWAYS give up 3 stars. The whole point is that the base is artificially low because it has virtually no defences, but has strong offence so can get two lots of 3 stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The possibility he is engineered if his base has never been 3 starred is NIL. Assuming he has been in 2 or more wars.

    Engineered bases almost ALWAYS give up 3 stars. The whole point is that the base is artificially low because it has virtually no defences, but has strong offence so can get two lots of 3 stars.
    His clan I was talking about. Engineering is a clan-wide thing. All engineered clans have a strong 1. The weight is so manipulated in the middle and the bottom that the opponent doesnt have a strong enough top at the end of the day to 3 star his top.
    Last edited by gizmo249; June 10th, 2018 at 10:37 PM.

  5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #415
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo249 View Post
    PvP is what I want to see most. Make this game more "slapstick" like for majority of players, especially perma-maxers who dont spend any money. The best part about a PvP is people dont HAVE to play it if they dont want. But this would bring a competitive element to the game thats not there right now. We need something different than the same old farming, and the clan wars that have gotten stale. There are no clan perks past level 10. The 24 hour war is now monotonous. I am running my own 10v10's now with all my accounts because of it. Waiting on other people day in and day out sucks the fun out of it. This game needs PvP in multiplayer
    There are quite a few people think that. There are many more who think the opposite.

    I suspect (and this is purely a personal suspicion, I have seen nothing from SC to suggest it) that part of the reason for introducing BB with PvP was an experiment to see how people liked it, and while it hasn't been the failure some on here claim, I doubt it has been successful enough (particularly among the top players) to warrant bringing it in for main base.

    But anyhow, I suggest you have a good read of this thread.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ghlight=clouds

    There is a lot of good reasoned discussion there about the different possible solutions and why each one is or isn't a good solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There are quite a few people think that. There are many more who think the opposite.

    I suspect (and this is purely a personal suspicion, I have seen nothing from SC to suggest it) that part of the reason for introducing BB with PvP was an experiment to see how people liked it, and while it hasn't been the failure some on here claim, I doubt it has been successful enough (particularly among the top players) to warrant bringing it in for main base.

    But anyhow, I suggest you have a good read of this thread.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ghlight=clouds

    There is a lot of good reasoned discussion there about the different possible solutions and why each one is or isn't a good solution.
    But how can anyone compare builder hall attacking to multiplayer? The attacking isnt even close to as fun or intricate.

  7. #417
    Forum Superstar LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Posts
    3,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ...Clouds prevent some of the people most likely to spend real money on the game from being able to spend very much.

    So removing them would absolutely certainly be in SC's financial interest.

    LOL, I'm amused when Ajax makes and serves truth sandwiches to those who need them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ...I suspect (and this is purely a personal suspicion, I have seen nothing from SC to suggest it) that part of the reason for introducing BB with PvP was an experiment to see how people liked it, and while it hasn't been the failure some on here claim, I doubt it has been successful enough (particularly among the top players) to warrant bringing it in for main base...
    I'm speculating the following. One of reasons for creating the BB is to test the anti-engineer measures before implementing them on the Main Base.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; June 10th, 2018 at 10:52 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L entity is as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

  8. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Why on earth would you assume something that 10 seconds of thought would tell you could not possibly be true?

    Clouds prevent some of the people most likely to spend real money on the game from being able to spend very much.

    So removing them would absolutely certainly be in SC's financial interest.
    I eat my words but in my defense I wa just throwing one of the main excuses out there for the cloud issue. I still find it hard to believe that multibillion dollar in 4 years has not been able to come close to fixing the cloud problem. It is not like were putting a man on the moon which I think about the same time and had computers the size of rooms that now fit in our hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo249 View Post
    You must be heavily engineered if your base has never been 3 starred by a th11 proper in clan wars. We've all gotten bitten since the inferno nerf. Either that or this is a flat out lie.
    He may be engineering but im going with just flat out lying since he hasnt replied yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The possibility he is engineered if his base has never been 3 starred is NIL. Assuming he has been in 2 or more wars.

    Engineered bases almost ALWAYS give up 3 stars. The whole point is that the base is artificially low because it has virtually no defences, but has strong offence so can get two lots of 3 stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo249 View Post
    His clan I was talking about. Engineering is a clan-wide thing. All engineered clans have a strong 1. The weight is so manipulated in the middle and the bottom that the opponent doesnt have a strong enough top at the end of the day to 3 star his top.
    He is correct that most engineered bases give up 3 except when your are engineering like a clan we face the other day who was engineering and roster engineering. Basically line set up with several weaker in the bottom the next few were just slightly weaker then our base but made up for it with max troops. The top 4 were completely max and 3 starred our top 8 bases allowing the rest of there clans to focus their effort on the bottom which allowed them the V. Sadly SC well maybe able to moderatelt stop engineering I seriously doudt they can stop roster engneering.

  9. #419
    Forum Veteran PapaTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,842
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I just finished watching Galadon's latest video on new troop levels.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Xjk2DYt1YtI

    Disregarding for the moment whatever scrap of info may or may not have leaked out on new troop, the most interesting part was the end of video. As a gimmick he took a Noah's Ark army against a max TH12. It destroyed. This random troll army effortlessly ran a 69% 2 star, and big G had to surrender to prevent a 3 star.

    If a wonky army like that so completely dominates, what will happen with a little planning and strategy?

    I know the game is a constant ebb and flow of balancing, but preliminary indications are for a swing towards offense that I have not seen in 3 plus years of gameplay.

    Disclaimers: developers build, final troop strength may change, no defensive cc was used.

    Balance changes predicted. Inferno towers returning to their old glory? Tesla v PEKKA bonus? Giant bomb v hogs return? Anybody's guess.
    I predicted balance changes. Not the ones we got. And this was a little sooner than I thought.

    In other news I am predicting several hours of darkness tonight, dissipating towards dawn. In the long term forecast I predict warm weather in the summer months, but cooler in the fall, trending towards cold by winter.

    And more game changes. That pendulum is constantly swinging from offense, to defense and back again. Can't wait to see what comes next.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; June 30th, 2018 at 12:59 PM.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •