Thread: WARNING FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW: Derby reward booster forced give up

Unhappy WARNING FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW: Derby reward booster forced give up

My Derby award for this week is (supposed to be) awesome. I have a choice of 3 pairs of boosters in total, including a pair of 12-hour Tom. Even though I don't have many storage slots open, but I believe some of them worth swaping or keeping using diamonds. Also, other rewards in the same column as those boosters are not useful to me (like 1 stake, 1 map etc). So I selected boosters and other rewards. What shocked me was that the game only allowed me to keep/swap/trash 3 of boosters, the other 3, including one 12 hour Tom, just disappeared. I thought at least I get to select which ones to trash. No warning or notice regarding what could happen if I selected 3 pairs of boosters from rewawrds.

Anyways, I am happy that at least I got 1 Tom. But I want to share this story to those who don't know what could happen if you select more than 3 boosters from Derby rewards. I also read booster storage guidlines before, but nowhere says there is an upper limit of boosters you can keep. After all the incremental diamond cost is almost exponential. You normally don't see so many boosters at once, butthat's also you why would be excited if it happened. And this time I truly learned that if something sounds too good to be true, it actually is. So make sure you select 3 or less that you really really want to keep (I believe if you select 2 pairs it cuts 1 booster too, and you don't know which one will be cut).
    Last edited by DummyBear; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:39 PM.

I actually only selected one booster this week a 25 hour Tom, simply because my booster storage was already full from the Saturday boat booster event. When I went to save the Tom booster, I had two of them ...... looks like I may have got your missing one🙈
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 gold trophies barrier “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    check out our recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    I actually only selected one booster this week a 25 hour Tom, simply because my booster storage was already full from the Saturday boat booster event. When I went to save the Tom booster, I had two of them ...... looks like I may have got your missing one
    Nah, if you paid attention there was "2x" on the booster cards. I guess that was just the special thing for this Mystery Derby. You got 2 of whichever you selected. Also mine was 13 hours Tom.

Centennial Club
    Yes, DummyBear, there is a limit to how many boosters you can receive and I feel it's totally unfair that SC never warned us. For me, I felt utterly cheated when I filled some particularly hard crates in order to get the booster and found that when the overflow of boosters reaches 3 we cannot receive any more boosters. It was not as bad as your case as I did not see what type of boosters I missed out on. In your case, you knew what the boosters were that you missed out on. SC should have state clearly that there is a limit!

Banned
    Same happened here. I had two rows with boosters. One row was. 2x and the other was 3x. I chose all but only ended up with 2. One of each. What kinda nonsense is that???

Boo hayday
    Last edited by Cowslips; 6 Days Ago at 03:32 PM. Reason: Swearing

Yeah, thats really annoying. But we shouldn't boo supercell for that. They made this for a purpose.

Edit:- SC should have told us about that.
    Last edited by Peasantpeter15; 6 Days Ago at 02:50 PM.

Oh! The sun rays, i am a peasant.

My usuall work is cultivation but sometimes i fight.