Thread: New Bank

New Bank

My idea is for SC to create a new bank that saves resources on the side that cannot be stolen by attackers and also cannot be used for anything that improves game play. What’s the point then? The thought is that max players often complain their loot is wasted and they have less reason to be active and playing. This would be a place to deposit excess loot and what can be purchased with this excess loot are expensive decorations or maybe even changes to existing structures in the form of color or some other cosmetic change that doesn’t impact game play at all. New color to walls?

Another option for this bank is when SC reduces the price of things, such as when they cut half a billion from the cost of walls, deposit into players’ banks the amount that was reduced off the price of things they already have. Perhaps that couldn’t be coded easily and I’m going too far with this idea, but if it could be done it would be really cool. Veteran players often don’t like that newer players “catch up” by hundreds of millions of gold/elix with new updates, yet understand it is needed to keep new players joining the game. So, reward those veteran players with something cosmetic that doesn’t disadvantage newer players at all. Now when you drop the price of walls or something else, veteran players see their bank account go up and they are that much closer to the decoration, new wall color, etc.

When I say expensive, think hundreds of millions of gold/elix.
    Last edited by 2222; June 4th, 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Banned
    hmmm.....interesting idea. I think i like it. I am a max offense, max defense th11 with about 250 walls still to upgrade so I would have nothing in my bank. but I can see how guys ahead of me would like to get something, even if it is just a decoration.

Forum Champion
    I like the idea but I must bring up the argument that is generally associated with these types of requests. What about loot economy? Doesn’t this just give players somewhere to dump excess loot and therefore removing from the game? Minor changes to what we can do with loot can cause big problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I like the idea but I must bring up the argument that is generally associated with these types of requests. What about loot economy? Doesn’t this just give players somewhere to dump excess loot and therefore removing from the game? Minor changes to what we can do with loot can cause big problems.
    I assume that 2222 is targeting only loot that already disappears from the economy: every time I attack, all gold I gather, including bonus, goes 'poof' since my storages are full (minus the cost of search ). Also, my treasurry is full, so daily bonuses, and war loot, go poof in same way.
    I am currently repeating the pekka statue buy/sell maneuver to get 'rid' of that excess as much as I can for the treasurer achievement. But that's still millions gone since finishing my walls.
    (I have wasted far more dark elixir (relative to its economy), since maxing my heroes in January...
    Wonder how the 'bank' would address all resources, or keep them separate with different items/costs for them)

I like the idea though.

But, the coloring of buildings does not have my favor, unless it is only visible in visits (and own view of course), as it would confuse anyone during scouting/attack.

I'd favor special decorations, or a use for the clan in the form of clan profile 'improvements', including clan badge, customizable 'map' watermarked in the clan description ... etc.

As a clan bank for special customization, it would actually act as an added incentive for clan activity.

PS: these 'losses' of resource happen at each maxed TH, when storages cannot handle more loot until the next. It is more 'visible' with maxed accounts, but nonetheless the accrual could start earlier than that (think perma-9s).

Centennial Club
    That's a nice concept

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    I assume that 2222 is targeting only loot that already disappears from the economy: every time I attack, all gold I gather, including bonus, goes 'poof' since my storages are full (minus the cost of search ). Also, my treasurry is full, so daily bonuses, and war loot, go poof in same way.
    I am currently repeating the pekka statue buy/sell maneuver to get 'rid' of that excess as much as I can for the treasurer achievement. But that's still millions gone since finishing my walls.
    (I have wasted far more dark elixir (relative to its economy), since maxing my heroes in January...
    Wonder how the 'bank' would address all resources, or keep them separate with different items/costs for them)

I like the idea though.

But, the coloring of buildings does not have my favor, unless it is only visible in visits (and own view of course), as it would confuse anyone during scouting/attack.

I'd favor special decorations, or a use for the clan in the form of clan profile 'improvements', including clan badge, customizable 'map' watermarked in the clan description ... etc.

As a clan bank for special customization, it would actually act as an added incentive for clan activity.

PS: these 'losses' of resource happen at each maxed TH, when storages cannot handle more loot until the next. It is more 'visible' with maxed accounts, but nonetheless the accrual could start earlier than that (think perma-9s).
    Yes, I should have made that more clear, I’m referring to all that wasted loot from max players. It just goes away. I attack and steal loot and even win bonus loot and it goes nowhere. It is removed from the system. It would be nice if it instead went to a bank to buy decorations that are horribly expensive. It also would be great if when there is a price reduction veteran players, instead of feeling down about the price slash feel happy about the big deposit coming to their bank to use for that 500 million statute of a valk they have wanted for awhile.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    My idea is for SC to create a new bank that saves resources on the side that cannot be stolen by attackers and also cannot be used for anything that improves game play. What’s the point then? The thought is that max players often complain their loot is wasted and they have less reason to be active and playing. This would be a place to deposit excess loot and what can be purchased with this excess loot are expensive decorations or maybe even changes to existing structures in the form of color or some other cosmetic change that doesn’t impact game play at all. New color to walls?

Another option for this bank is when SC reduces the price of things, such as when they cut half a billion from the cost of walls, deposit into players’ banks the amount that was reduced off the price of things they already have. Perhaps that couldn’t be coded easily and I’m going too far with this idea, but if it could be done it would be really cool. Veteran players often don’t like that newer players “catch up” by hundreds of millions of gold/elix with new updates, yet understand it is needed to keep new players joining the game. So, reward those veteran players with something cosmetic that doesn’t disadvantage newer players at all. Now when you drop the price of walls or something else, veteran players see their bank account go up and they are that much closer to the decoration, new wall color, etc.

When I say expensive, think hundreds of millions of gold/elix.

I like the idea though.

I agree with PaluEF with regards to the color or cosmetic changes to the base. As long as it is only visible on visits then I think it should be fine.

Forum Champion

I like the idea though.

I agree but I assume this would be available to all players, not just the small portion that are 100% maxed. Any extra loot they don’t want to lose but can’t spend would go in the bank instead of being available in multiplayer. Additionally, maxed players are in the same matchmaking pool as non maxed players no matter the league. This would make less loot available for raiding. Especially in Titans where I and many other mid to close to maxed th11s choose to farm. Any feature where large amounts of loot can be sunk into should be carefully scrutinized and tested before being introduced. Maxed players might not care but the rest of us certainly do.

Forum Elder
    I agree but I assume this would be available to all players, not just the small portion that are 100% maxed. Any extra loot they don’t want to lose but can’t spend would go in the bank instead of being available in multiplayer. Additionally, maxed players are in the same matchmaking pool as non maxed players no matter the league. This would make less loot available for raiding. Especially in Titans where I and many other mid to close to maxed th11s choose to farm. Any feature where large amounts of loot can be sunk into should be carefully scrutinized and tested before being introduced. Maxed players might not care but the rest of us certainly do.
    Perhaps the resources in the bank automatically moves to the storages when the level of resources drops below max. Any resources gained during an attack in excess of what the storage can hold automatically goes to the bank. This way the economy does not suffer.

I would make it available to players who are maxed out and, thus, have no where for the loot to go. I would include in that, for example, a th8 who has nothing to spend elixir on, but still is working on gold upgrades. I would also include all hall levels any time there is a price cut. Your bank gets filled by the amount of resources just reduced off your current base (things you already competed that were reduced in price).

See my clarification above, it would not impact the economy. I’m only talking about the wasted loot. You win an attack, you win 1 million gold, your storages are full, the 1 million gold just disappears. That is the loot I’m referring to. That goes to your bank. Your storages remain full. The person who attacks you later isn’t impacted at all by it. It is stopping the wasting of resources and not impacting the economy.
    Last edited by 2222; June 4th, 2018 at 10:12 PM.