Thread: How is task blocking useful in a mid to large hood?

How is task blocking useful in a mid to large hood?

I am just learning about the concept of task blocking and really donít know how to implement it strategically. My hood usually has 12-15 opted in. In a normal derby we are all clamoring for those 320 and are trashing every 20 minutes around the clock as we r an international hood. If we dedicate 4 spots to animal tasks to block goat milk. That reduces our potential for those precious 320s by 25%. In the mystery derby it didnít appear that the 4 of a kind task block held up. Can anyone help with more specific advice? Thanks.

Task blocking has been successfully used by top leaderboard hoods to force feed boat tasks to speed boaters. That involves blocking tasks using a mixture of people taking and holding tasks and keeping some on the board. I imagine its pretty stressful to coordinate.

We have never bothered with task blocking, but tried to keep 4 animal tasks in the hope of blocking goats and wool in mystery derby. We never got more than 3 on the board, and tasks in progress in mystery derby don’t cause task blocking. A friend of mine managed to get 4 crop tasks on her board to block strawberries and tomatoes last week. It didn’t work they continued to appear, so mystery derby task blocking doesn’t seem to work. Other derbies it does, but the struggle to keep people from accidentally trashing the tasks you want to keep may drive you nuts. If you only need to find 150x 320 tasks, it might be easier to simply trash those horrible goats and sheep.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 gold trophies barrier ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    check out our recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Thanks for the input. You seem to confirm my thought that it is more efficient to just trash unwanted tasks. Iím still curious though as to how it works for the boat tasks that you were trying to explain. If you could break that down in more detail just to satisfy my curiosity I would greatly appreciate it. I can never satisfy this mind for learning all things hayday! Thanks 🤓

Quote Originally Posted by themammabear View Post
    Thanks for the input. You seem to confirm my thought that it is more efficient to just trash unwanted tasks. I’m still curious though as to how it works for the boat tasks that you were trying to explain. If you could break that down in more detail just to satisfy my curiosity I would greatly appreciate it. I can never satisfy this mind for learning all things hayday! Thanks 邏
    I don’t speak from firsthand experience, and it’s got harder with more task categories now, but I guess the principle is this. In a large hood with 30 opted in, and 13 task categories (help, boats, trucks, train, townies, town buildings, mining, crops, animals, feed, fishing, baskets, production) you can block say 9 categories by having 28 players take tasks and hold them, and keeping 8 tasks on the board. That would leave you two players free to take and finish tasks, and 4 spaces on the board to repeatedly flip. The categories you leave open might be production, help, mining and obviously boats - but you also need everybody to stack for instant production finishes. So in theory with 4 board slots open and only 4 task categories able to generate, a quarter of those will be boats, which at CL level only appear at 270 or 320. Taskers speedboat and snap up any decent help, mining or production tasks that appear. Then take and hold a 10th task and someone else becomes an active tasker.
    This was easier before individual townies and town buildings were added because there were less categories. It was designed not for perfect score trophy winning, but more for good scores with minimal trashing to maximise leaderboard scores. It seems like hell on earth to coordinate, and makes the game just a production line of ridiculous proportions.
    As I say, I have never done this, but I believe this was pretty much the sort of routine that was used.
    Steve
    Broken the mystical 100 gold trophies barrier ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    check out our recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Wow! Thanks. That certainly took some smarts to come up with and truly doesnít sound like much fun as a player. But if you are determined to get into the top 200 I suppose this would help meet your goal. Thanks for a great explanation. I love to learn and would never come up with this one on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by themammabear View Post
    Wow! Thanks. That certainly took some smarts to come up with and truly doesn’t sound like much fun as a player. But if you are determined to get into the top 200 I suppose this would help meet your goal. Thanks for a great explanation. I love to learn and would never come up with this one on my own.
    We sit anywhere between about 50-200 depending on the vagueries of what derby SC inflict on us. We don’t do any of this stuff, and we don’t burn diamonds, we just derby as a team with 5-30 opted in, all delivering 10 high point tasks. So it is possible to feature top 200 without manipulating the game or spending money, but we will never get higher than that without taking crane measures like this to reduce our trashing. It’s nice to do well on the leaderboard, but it’s jutst a bonus and we don’t care enough about it to take the fun out of the game.
    Steve