Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No time to complete mystery tasks

I don’t think this should be changed. It’s the risk that comes with Mystery Derby - you try to get as many mystery tasks done before a certain deadline as possible, and once that deadline is reached, you have to either assume the risks and take more mystery tasks, or just settle for 320pts. Ideally, we’d all finish our tasks before Saturday, but sometimes it’s not possible and we have to make a choice.
    Otherwise, there would be no challenge whatsoever in Mystery Derbies.

It happened to 2 of my hoodies this week. Two goat milk tasks on Sunday, both trashed. One hoodie continued to take 2 more 320pt tasks. The other one only took the remaining 10th one at 400 points (luckily it was an easy one). 10th task is not a requirement for us.

So, we all did 9 or 10 tasks, and the score wasn’t perfect. Yet we’re looking at finishing in top 3. Even if we weren’t, it would be okay. We enjoy the mystery, we have fun, we don’t get upset about the results.
    Farm level 111/ Rep level 33/ PM me for the farm tag
    Time can be rewritten

Wish I was in the derby’s you are in!

Quote Originally Posted by Rackoo View Post
    I don’t think this should be changed. It’s the risk that comes with Mystery Derby - you try to get as many mystery tasks done before a certain deadline as possible, and once that deadline is reached, you have to either assume the risks and take more mystery tasks, or just settle for 320pts. Ideally, we’d all finish our tasks before Saturday, but sometimes it’s not possible and we have to make a choice.
    Otherwise, there would be no challenge whatsoever in Mystery Derbies.

It happened to 2 of my hoodies this week. Two goat milk tasks on Sunday, both trashed. One hoodie continued to take 2 more 320pt tasks. The other one only took the remaining 10th one at 400 points (luckily it was an easy one). 10th task is not a requirement for us.

So, we all did 9 or 10 tasks, and the score wasn’t perfect. Yet we’re looking at finishing in top 3. Even if we weren’t, it would be okay. We enjoy the mystery, we have fun, we don’t get upset about the results.
    Rackoo, I saw your list in the other thread here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11704226

It’s wonderful that you can see the positive part of some of the longer duration tasks you had. That is definitely the way to keep your farm running as normal.
    Level 147
    Achievement 142/144
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Rackoo, I saw your list in the other thread here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11704226

It’s wonderful that you can see the positive part of some of the longer duration tasks you had. That is definitely the way to keep your farm running as normal.
    Thank you! I’m prone to anxiety, and I used to be super stressed about derbies in the beginning. I was in a very competitive hood, and all the pressure was giving me insomnia and shaky hands For over a year I had been playing alone - only after that I gathered enough confidence to join a new hood. We are very chill and respectful, there’s no pressure to perform perfectly. Yet surprisingly, we all choose to do the best we can! Result - first place this week

I just do whatever I can do without going nuts. Silver lining in everything! When I’m on a longer task, I can keep my farm running and help my neighbors out. Also, this week was pretty good for me. The previous Mystery Derby was much tougher (see below)! Yet I enjoyed every moment of it. Absolutely worth the risk!

Farm level 111/ Rep level 33/ PM me for the farm tag
    Time can be rewritten

Just posted this on another thread but wanted to make sure more people would see it and it would maybe help...especially to the few that wants to quit playing mystery derby cuz of a few tasks.

Just a tip for everyone to consider. Keep 4 animal tasks on the board at all times and I’m thinking that the goats milk and wool and bacon won’t show up....or 4 crop tasks for the ones that want to avoid strawberry tasks. Or 4 fishing tasks if that’s what you DONT want any of. Keep in mind tho that these wouldn’t stop the basket task from appearing with those items on it. Course the hardest part is getting 4 animal/crop tasks to come up and next hardest is making sure no one trashes them.
    But if you are able to keep them on your board then those dreaded tasks shouldn’t come up in a mystery task. Good luck and I hope this will help in future mystery derbies.

There have been a few threads on this subject. Here is one of them: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Rule-Broken%21

You may find it interesting. Also, no need to post the same thing in multiple threads.
    Level 147
    Achievement 142/144
    Be kind. 🤗