Thread: [PETITION] Fix the lab layout!

Post [PETITION] Fix the lab layout!

​I enjoy the latest update's QoL change to the user profile: having a distinct, separated section for troops / spells / heroes / siege machines at the top of the profile. It gives the profile a flush and seamless look, which I love.

I'd also love it if this flush and seamless look of distinction made its way into the laboratory. Perhaps I am being petty, but I find it quite aggravating how troop and spell icons (upgrade icons in the lab) are all interconnected in the lab.

I feel it would be effortless for SC to simply input a small barrier between the spells and troop icons in the lab, to make it clear that they are two sub-sections. After all, troops and spells are used as completely different counter-parts to an attack. Each sub-section would follow the current "elixir on the left, DE on the right" layout of the lab. The sub-sections could be labelled "Troops" and "Spells", or have no labels.

It's just my opinion that this would look much more organised and satisfying in the lab, so I believe it would be a nice minor QoL change if this were ever to be inputted to the game.

If you agree with me, please type "/signed" and a message below.

edit:
    I understand that this change isn't a highly requested or pressing issue, but regardless, it would "brush up" the appearance of the lab which I'm sure would satisfy many other weird OCD people around the world like myself (heh). Moreover, I stress that this update would not "slow down" other updates, because SC has more than one team working on various aspects of the game development. This requested update is a simple UI change
    Last edited by Maximm; June 13th, 2018 at 12:36 PM.
    Leader of the Gods of War level 13 clan

TH10
    account - Nemesis

TH9 account - Hades

I am not signing this, knowing Supercell wants cash (gems/money) from OCD guys from Lab researches. hands down surrendered.
    Youtube Channel: Leninion

Discord Server for Clan (Formal way to apply to our clan)

Quote Originally Posted by zenideas View Post
    I am not signing this, knowing Supercell wants cash (gems/money) from OCD guys from Lab researches. hands down surrendered.
    Did you read the thread before commenting? This has nothing to do with SC making money or losing money. It's simply about changing the layout
    Last edited by Maximm; June 13th, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

TH10
    account - Nemesis

TH9 account - Hades

I wouldn't mind if they reordered it the way they have potions in the cc, available upgrades on the left and maxed on the right.

But I get your point about a clearer separation between elixir and DE.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Lab UI is not very important and in my honest opinion, I think it's the last thing I'd ever want Supercell to focus on.

/not signing this either

Quote Originally Posted by Scarbo View Post
    Lab UI is not very important and in my honest opinion, I think it's the last thing I'd ever want Supercell to focus on.

/not signing this either
    You say that like changing the lab UI would be time consuming. It likely wouldn't even be done by the same people who would be working on things that you do want them to focus on.

Do I think the UI needs to change? Eh... But I wouldn't complain if it looked a little neater
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

Considering I only visit the lab about every 14 days it really isn't a big issue for me...

But if it is for the OP then the Ideas and Feature Requests Subforum would be a better place for this thread....

And do we really need a petition for every new idea?
    Last edited by Jwp721; June 13th, 2018 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiler View Post
    You say that like changing the lab UI would be time consuming. It likely wouldn't even be done by the same people who would be working on things that you do want them to focus on.

Do I think the UI needs to change? Eh... But I wouldn't complain if it looked a little neater
    Erhh adding the possibility to change names multiple times was not time consuming either, yet it took years for Supercell to agree with it and start working on it. The OP has the right of wanting his lab layout fix, it doesn't change the fact that it's not a very important feature for Supercell to focus on, it doesn't add any benefit to gameplay and the change is so small, I don't even consider it a QOL feature.

/not signing this either
    Just sayin' but there are different teams which focus on different things at SC. This would take them minimal time and would be done by a small team in a day or so. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they reordered it the way they have potions in the cc, available upgrades on the left and maxed on the right.

But I get your point about a clearer separation between elixir and DE.
    Fair enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiler View Post

Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah i don't think that it is a change which we desperately need, it's just that i think it looks nicer and really wouldn't waste any of SC's time, as it's such a simple change. I doubt changing the profile UI was particularly time consuming, but it looks neater and simply "nicer".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwp721 View Post
    Considering I only visit the lab about every 14 days it really isn't a big issue for me...

But if it is for the OP then the Ideas and Feature Requests Subforum would be a better place for this thread....

And do we really need a petition for every new idea?
    Haha fair enough about it not being an issue for you. It doesn't really bother me all of the time, but I feel it's a very simple update for SC to do and it would appear a lot nicer. Same concept as SC changing the profile UI. So why not?
    Sorry, i saw another petition thread in general with many replies about reducing hero regen times (which is a request) and nobody told them to move it (nobody that i saw, anyway) so i assumed it was ok.
    Erhh adding the possibility to change names multiple times was not time consuming either, yet it took years for Supercell to agree with it and start working on it. The OP has the right of wanting his lab layout fix, it doesn't change the fact that it's not a very important feature for Supercell to focus on, it doesn't add any benefit to gameplay and the change is so small, I don't even consider it a QOL feature.
    I feel that the addition of changing names multiple times was only added for profits (due to the high gem cost), so it isn't really relevant in this context.
    I admit that the lab layout isn't a pressing issue, but it is effortless to change. I would definitely consider it a QoL change; it's the same concept as changing the profile UI, which I definitely think looks much nicer now.

Thanks for all your replies!
    Last edited by Maximm; June 13th, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

TH10
    account - Nemesis

TH9 account - Hades