Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: 4hr time limit on mystery derby task.

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Mystery derby requires a different style of farming, good planning, and a lot of caution about when you take tasks. It’s testing a different set of skills to regular derby, timing being one of them. Before anyone says it’s all luck ..... it’s really not! I consistentlysee the best players I know make mystery derby look easy because they are smart players.
    Totally agree, Steve. There are tedious tasks you might not be able to avoid during mistery derby, but following careful and right strategies and being prepared for mistery derby certainly saves the day and gets you your gold anyway. 😊

  2. #12
    Senior Member Rackoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxville View Post
    Part of the challenge is the time limit on some tasks so I think it should stay how it is. The derby should be more of a challenge than the straight 10x 320/400 quick win, rather than making it easier on the mystery derby. Like Elluna says, it’s a risk to take a mystery task before work or sleep...some you can do, some maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Mystery derby requires a different style of farming, good planning, and a lot of caution about when you take tasks. It’s testing a different set of skills to regular derby, timing being one of them. Before anyone says it’s all luck ..... it’s really not! I consistentlysee the best players I know make mystery derby look easy because they are smart players.
    Words of wisdom here. Mystery Derby isn’t all gambling and luck. It requires a different strategy and a different approach from what we usually do. And that is what makes it fun
    Farm level 111/ Rep level 33/ PM me for the farm tag
    Time can be rewritten

  3. #13
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackoo View Post
    Words of wisdom here. Mystery Derby isn’t all gambling and luck. It requires a different strategy and a different approach from what we usually do. And that is what makes it fun
    Sometimes its simple things Rackoo. If you can’t control when you’ll get goat milk/wool/bacon tasks appearing, when you get a feed task you need to do it using just eggs and milk. So many times I’ve seen someone snag a goat milk task and then say my goats aren’t ready for 6 hours! Don’t collect goats until you have to for that task. Similar for planting long crops then taking a task and pulling a wheat task Its pretty much all common sense, but that’s sometimes a rare commodity in Hayday
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

  4. #14
    That’s so true, we all did 10th task as we were in a great position for first place, but it all went south when one of the players got a sheep shearing 10th task. Ended up 4th ahh!!

  5. #15
    That’s true to some degree, but we were robbed of gold this week, because one of the last 10th tasks was a sheep shearing task which as you know takes forever, ended up 4th baa humbug!!

  6. #16
    yes you can we wise, but there is also an element of luck involved.

  7. #17
    Forum Champion SmallChange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    UK-England, near London.
    Posts
    5,680
    Yes there’s an element of luck (or bad luck!) involved, but lots of people would do MUCH better if they thought about what they were doing BEFORE they took a task. Don’t randomly feed pets, take the wool or bacon from the animals, don’t fill all the slots on machines etc. It’s as much, if not more, about what you DON’T do before taking a task, than it is about what you do, do.

    Mystery Derby is great as it changes how you play and makes you THINK!

    I was flying long haul for 3 days, so I had to be extremely careful about when I took Tasks. I had a mix of ‘Good luck’ (help task) and ‘Bad luck’ (2 fishing Tasks) and only came 4th by a whisker and that was with 3 days of virtually no WiFi then barely time to log on after I arrived.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxville View Post
    Part of the challenge is the time limit on some tasks so I think it should stay how it is. The derby should be more of a challenge than the straight 10x 320/400 quick win, rather than making it easier on the mystery derby. Like Elluna says, it’s a risk to take a mystery task before work or sleep...some you can do, some maybe not.
    I so agree...

    Tag: #2LCV92UO

  9. #19
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    Yes there’s an element of luck (or bad luck!) involved, but lots of people would do MUCH better if they thought about what they were doing BEFORE they took a task. Don’t randomly feed pets, take the wool or bacon from the animals, don’t fill all the slots on machines etc. It’s as much, if not more, about what you DON’T do before taking a task, than it is about what you do, do.

    Mystery Derby is great as it changes how you play and makes you THINK!.
    Spot on smallchange! With mystery derby you need to engage brain and make almost every act on your farm a deliberate act to put you in a position to take on whatever task is thrown at you next. When you get one of those 24 hour tasks, that’s the time to fill your machines, collect wool, bacon etc, plant all your fields with strawberries and tomatoes.
    its really not rocket science, just a little cogent thought
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

  10. #20
    Trainee Phansee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    12

    It’s about the Principle of the Incident

    This is not about the Diamonds spent. It is about the Principle of the incident! Paying for an expired 10th Task is a bit unfair and greedy imho.

    More than a little upset.... Bought my 10th Mystery Task yesterday morning. Chose one (roasted tomatoes) and “it was already past the Max Production Time (in red)”. There was no way to finish it before the Derby End without spending more diamonds and staying up until 4:00+AM !!! Spent 19 Diamonds total on my 10th Mystery Task that had already basically expired. Did everything needed so I wouldn’t let my Team down but I am still very angry about it.... Going back to sleep now ����
    Last edited by Phansee; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:29 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •