Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [UPDATE] Overview of Galadon's Interview with Darian (Part One)

[UPDATE] Overview of Galadon's Interview with Darian (Part One)

I would really advise everyone to watch the whole interview, it is really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpx13DIpCvA

• Date of update is aimed for mid-June currently (end of events maybe?) but could be pushed later if bugs arise
    • No new spells
    • On troops - "Some unconventional sneak peeks will be coming up with something brand new that will radically change the meta" - So I think new troop(s?) are very likely
    • Giga Tesla will be the major building of TH12
    • They don't want the map to be filled up, so attacks aren't always >3 minutes, hence using TH as the major defense
    • Giga Tesla can be upgraded 5 times, first 4 for 1 additional target (from 1 target at level one to 4 targets at level 4), final level will unlock a bomb and self-destruct that will released when TH is destroyed
    • TH levels will be called "stars" - eg. a 4 star TH
    • Self-Destruction of TH is implied to be quite destructive, making 3 stars difficult
    • No larger map
    • No longer attack time
    • NOT bringing back the blue walls, "but they do heavily inspire some of the upgrades of the TH12 content"
    • There is an electricity theme, but that is not the infamous "E" word
    • There will be new walls, only some of them will be upgradable however, similar to how level 11 walls were
    • There will be A LOT QoL changes, of which will show they have been listening to the community
    • No fix to the clouds this update, although it will be addressed in later updates in 2018.
    • Majority of update content is for TH11's and TH12, the maxed players
    • Will be some features that lower TH levels can take advantage of
    • Wouldn't confirm or deny a second name change will be coming
    • Many sneak peeks coming up soon

If I've missed anything out feel free to add it in the comments.

Last edited by Brackioso; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:18 AM.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brackioso View Post
    I would really advise everyone to watch the whole interview, it is really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpx13DIpCvA

• Date of update is aimed for mid-June currently (end of events maybe?) but could be pushed later if bugs arise
    • No new spells
    • On troops - "Some unconventional sneak peeks will be coming up with something brand new that will radically change the meta" - So I think new troop(s?) are very likely
    • Giga Tesla will be the major building of TH12
    • They don't want the map to be filled up, so attacks aren't always >3 minutes, hence using TH as the major defense
    • Giga Tesla can be upgraded 5 times, first 4 for 1 additional target (from 1 target at level one to 4 targets at level 4), final level will unlock a bomb and self-destruct that will released when TH is destroyed
    • TH levels will be called "stars" - eg. a 4 star TH
    • Self-Destruction of TH is implied to be quite destructive, making 3 stars difficult
    • No larger map
    • No longer attack time
    • NOT bringing back the blue walls, "but they do heavily inspire some of the upgrades of the TH12 content"
    • There is an electricity theme
    • There will be new walls, only some of them will be upgradable however, similar to how level 11 walls were
    • There will be A LOT QoL changes, of which will show they have been listening to the community
    • No fix to the clouds this update, although it will be addressed in later updates in 2018.
    • Majority of update content is for TH11's and TH12, the maxed players
    • Will be some features that lower TH levels can take advantage of
    • Wouldn't confirm or deny a second name change will be coming
    • Many sneak peeks coming up soon

If I've missed anything out feel free to add it in the comments.

Am I the only one who read it super fast and then read it slowly again? 🙃

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Am I the only one who read it super fast and then read it slowly again? 🙃
    No, Not at all .

Very interesting indeed! Thanks for taking the time to write up the highlights.

Thanks for the awesome sig Alex!

Sparto family: Krypteia Protg gg Lgin Click for: Clan page
    TH12 Heroes: 50/51/20 Full Lavas 176 Cheetos
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Form an orderly queue behind Tim please, no pushing. You will all get a chance to smirk

Quote Originally Posted by Brackioso View Post
    This bit I'm curious about. This sounds like a major step backwards in terms of game balance. The problem in war has long been that both very mediocre attacks and quite good attacks get 2*. Clans have to be either very bad to fail to 2* a base in a couple of tries, or very good (or cheating) to 3* max targets. Yes, the balance has changed recently to make 3* more likely and that's been a lot better. But it's never been helpful that such a range of attacks get the same score. This seems to be trying to exaggerate that negative and there's a risk of returning to 2* snooze-fest.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

The majority of this content is TH11/TH12 Content (8.10). This suggests some tweaks at TH11 too.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 47/44/15

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    This bit I'm curious about. This sounds like a major step backwards in terms of game balance. The problem in war has long been that both very mediocre attacks and quite good attacks get 2*. Clans have to be either very bad to fail to 2* a base in a couple of tries, or very good (or cheating) to 3* max targets. Yes, the balance has changed recently to make 3* more likely and that's been a lot better. But it's never been helpful that such a range of attacks get the same score. This seems to be trying to exaggerate that negative and there's a risk of returning to 2* snooze-fest.
    Definitely don’t jump the gun yet
    Over the coming days and weeks, lots more will be revealed. I have 3 started TH12’s

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    Definitely don’t jump the gun yet
    Over the coming days and weeks, lots more will be revealed. I have 3 started TH12’s
    Video or it didn't happen 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I see the exploding townhall as even more of a way to discourage spam attacks. If it comes down to having to send a ks to the core before taking out the remainder of the base it could actually do good to the meta. Or it is exactly what you said, the townhall decimating your army leading to the return of the boring 2stars win wars era.

Heck, for all we know laloon might make a massive comeback, especially strategized to take the townhall out dead last, so the blast won't hurt. Until the exact numbers are known and we can play around with the new features it's all speculation though. Food for thought indeed!

Thanks for the awesome sig Alex!

Sparto family: Krypteia Protg gg Lgin Click for: Clan page
    TH12 Heroes: 50/51/20 Full Lavas 176 Cheetos
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Form an orderly queue behind Tim please, no pushing. You will all get a chance to smirk

MasterEdy, you're the boss.
    Last edited by Clash12344321; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:32 AM.