Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Special Party Derby!

Quote Originally Posted by DummyBear View Post
    I mean yes it makes sense Hay Day wants players to login more often and do more stuff and be more active so its data looks good or the game get ranked higher among other games I don't know. But man, our hood members (I believe most of hood members too) have been gluing eyes on task boards and waiting for 380+ tasks and those tasks just don't bother to show up. This is not the first time though, it also happens when it's Bingo event. What hurts HD/SC so much to increase the drop rate a bit? We have 26 people doing Derby and waiting for 380+ tasks. Lucky that our hood has members from different time zones so we trash tasks day and night (yes, still rare 380+).

My other hood members have complained the drop rate issue to customer service representative in the last Bingo event because everyone has been so prepared and anxious waiting for the task. The response we got is that the representative suggested us keep trashing tasks (and YES we've been trashing like crazy). Players who spend time to login often and take/trash tasks are already loyal enough to the game, most of us have our own work and family life too, not full time Hay Day gamer (there might be some). We like Hay Day and Derby tasks because it's fun and it feels good cooperating with hood members and reaching goals. It's supposed to bring fun and joy to players. What's the point of making it so tough?

Hope this is the last Derby that's so difficult =(
    I agree with everything you say, unfortunately SC doesn’t seem to undertstand the problem because they don’t play!
    With only 3 themed task categories this derby was always going to be purgatory for large hoods like ours. The frustration causes friction within hoods, which in itself makes derby unejoyable.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 gold trophies barrier “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    check out our recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

I have been in several hoods with varying degrees of end results.

for the last derby, I was in a hood with 300 plus required, 2700 points, extra task optional, which is the same as my main farm and hood.

it brought back great memories for me, as 14 were opted in and I remember that to be a sweet spot. Truly a carefree top 3 finish.

being down as low as 5 opted (8 this week) for my hood has turned the derby into a grind most weeks

having been in several hoods with less than 4 opted in, I know what a grind that is on a weekly basis

what I have not experienced is a large number opted in, 20 plus. I would welcome the opportunity to experience this first hand with my second farm, if there are any offers?

please send PM

just a visit
    Farm 135
    CoC TH9 BhB 8 AQ 20 BK 12
    established level 12 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I have been in several hoods with varying degrees of end results.

for the last derby, I was in a hood with 300 plus required, 2700 points, extra task optional, which is the same as my main farm and hood.

it brought back great memories for me, as 14 were opted in and I remember that to be a sweet spot. Truly a carefree top 3 finish.

being down as low as 5 opted (8 this week) for my hood has turned the derby into a grind most weeks

having been in several hoods with less than 4 opted in, I know what a grind that is on a weekly basis

what I have not experienced is a large number opted in, 20 plus. I would welcome the opportunity to experience this first hand with my second farm, if there are any offers?

please send PM

just a visit
    You wouldn’t want to experience this derby in a 20+ hood Wussy!
    I think we are a bit hardcore derby compared to what you normally do, trying to balance gold every week, leaderboard top 100 and still having fun ..... bit like juggling live eels! Also we are currently a full 30 (though heavens knows that might change with peoples frustrations in the fall out from this weeks derby) and a couple of people waiting to join.
    Steve
    Broken the mystical 100 gold trophies barrier “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    check out our recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

I was not looking for a good time, just an opportunity to relate to large derby issues.

do you only have these issues when it comes to themed derbies only?

i would think there would be a challenge to get 320 point tasks during regular derbies as well?
    Farm 135
    established level 12 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Regular derby is fine (unless we get one of those glitch derbies post update where drop rates are screwed) last week we did 290 tasks at an average of 319.6 We work well as a team, good balance of different playing styles, people not grabbing just the easy tasks etc.

Themed derby is more difficult because to achieve our chances comoetitive goals we need to take Pretty much themed tasks only. That’s a much smaller palette of tasks than regular derby, everything is dependent on the type of tasks, the number of categories, and whether SC do actually increase appearance rates for themed tasks. Previous themed derbies we’ve had multiple categories allowing up to 28 themed tasks to be in progress. The drop rates haven’t been increased in some cases so we’ve barely seen any themed production tasks, but readily available crops, fishing, feed, help, trucks etc have made up for that. We have a few ‘stackers’ who focus on the production and basket tasks, while those less obsessed with Hayday can get by on the other categories. This week we can only get 12 themed tasks running at one time and all of them require stacking or pre-serving of townies to be quick. inevitably not everyone has put the prep work in despite being asked to, so some tasks are taking a long time to complete. Some task categories are blocked, themed tasks can’t appear, those who did the prep work for the team are frustrated with those who didn’t. In desperation for 370+ tasks people are just grabbing whatever appears, regardless of whether they or others are prepped for it. We have never had that sort of selfish behavior before, this derby has brought out the worst in the team. We’ve tried leaving 320 tasks up and encouraging people to take those, but competitive spirit means they don’t want to settle for 320. Not everyone grasps the fact that this is entirely down to a particularly mean concept by SC, what they do get is that this derby is not a lot of fun .... and yes despite our normal high octane derby performance, we do also like to have fun and we don’t employ any arcane practices or restrictive rules.

B8ngo derby .... well last one was a vast improvement, but it’s entirely dependent on what bingo board you get. Perhaps the changes last time will be permanent so hard to judge just now.
    Steve

Interesting wussypuss.. I have found a sweet spot for easier win to be 20-24 players n by easier I mean the whole hood does not need to do 10 tasks weekly to win gold. Trade off getting tasks can be very very tiring.

The competition increases when in smaller hoods, I find when we are 14-18 opted in most weeks it’s a must to do 10 tasks for gold...

And smaller hood need to do fast finish to lock in gold...

😂I know this thread is about party derby but I found ur comment interesting 🤔 maybe should start another thread on this n see the interesting feedback.

This party derby for us was a gold win, but game wise not fun at all... we are 16 opted in this week n we had 5-8 running at any one time... so it was slow n highly uninteresting for us.. but hey gold... so I’ll take it

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeblossomme View Post
    Interesting wussypuss.. I have found a sweet spot for easier win to be 20-24 players n by easier I mean the whole hood does not need to do 10 tasks weekly to win gold. Trade off getting tasks can be very very tiring.

The competition increases when in smaller hoods, I find when we are 14-18 opted in most weeks it’s a must to do 10 tasks for gold...

And smaller hood need to do fast finish to lock in gold...

😂I know this thread is about party derby but I found ur comment interesting 🤔 maybe should start another thread on this n see the interesting feedback.

This party derby for us was a gold win, but game wise not fun at all... we are 16 opted in this week n we had 5-8 running at any one time... so it was slow n highly uninteresting for us.. but hey gold... so I’ll take it

Well, that is just us. We have not had 20-24 since before derby opt out was an option. I am certain there are other sweets spots.

we will place no problem this week, won’t need 10th task and the last person will finish late. If the plan was to make the derby last the whole week, it worked that way for us. No party not really fun.
    Farm 135