Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is Sending Private Messages to see your Post, the same as BUMPing?

If you have to ask then donít do it. If you are planning to randomly spam peoples inboxes with links to your threads you will find yourself reported quickly. If you however sent one friend a pm with a link because you been discussing this topic and you donít want him to miss the thread then thatís obviously fine.

Threads donít usually need bumping anyways. If they are good they will be kept alive by commenters and if theyíre are not good they will vanish quickly onto the back pages, thatís how forums work.
    Last edited by fette; May 18th, 2018 at 10:52 AM.

Th12 - le chat nu !!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRage10 View Post
    fette is always right
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid1985 View Post
    fette knows best

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    If you have to ask then don’t do it. If you are planning to randomly spam peoples inboxes with links to your threads you will find yourself reported quickly. If you however sent one friend a pm with a link because you been discussing this topic and you don’t want him to miss the thread then that’s obviously fine.

Threads don’t usually need bumping anyways. If they are good they will be kept alive by commenters and if they’re are not good they will vanish quickly onto the back pages, that’s how forums work.
    but you send me PMs every day asking me to check out your daily thread and to tell me how awesome I am, I assume you send that to everyone so you shouldnt really tell OP not to do it.

unless, you only send messages to me? Gulp.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

This should be moved to Forum Talk subforum...
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    but you send me PMs every day asking me to check out your daily thread and to tell me how awesome I am, I assume you send that to everyone so you shouldnt really tell OP not to do it.

unless, you only send messages to me? Gulp.

Th12 - le chat nu !!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRage10 View Post
    fette is always right
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid1985 View Post
    fette knows best

Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Fette and Viking sitting in a tree, kay eye ess ess...
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    This is a very serious question I have, regarding BUMPing. Moderators, please don't send me another Infraction, I am just clarifying something here...
    So... you're saying moderators gave you an infraction? I feel like there's a list of rules posted somewhere that discusses this very situation.

19. You may not discuss publicly any (disciplinary) actions taken by staff, moderators or support such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads etc. Also, posting publicly any private messages / emails, regardless of topic, you have received from either staff, moderators or support is prohibited.

How many infractions do you need before you actually read and follow the rules? Seems kind of pointless to create a thread to ask other members how a moderator is going to judge a post. How many of those members have correctly told you that you should have just messaged a moderator to ask, especially since no one else's opinion really has any bearing on how we'll rule?
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 16 - 611 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy