Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forcing maxed bases to upgrad townhall through poor war match up?

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    First off OP. You are asking people for their thoughts, and I have listed above your replies to their thoughts, even though each one makes perfect sense, since it is about how war matching is done.
    You are an almost max 9. 69k gold weight. Max is 70k. So you want to play as an almost max 9, and at worst, not be at a disadvantage. You are refusing to jump, even though you have stated that every war, you are partly the cause of your clan mates fighting an uphill war every time. I say partly, because, as so many have already stated, the clan is matched, not your 9.
    Engineering?.. I haven't seen anyone suggest you should engineer. What they are saying, is don't do pure max. Only time you will ever see benefit from this build is at 11. Until then you should be balance building, or "maxer type". You already know the consequences of pure max at lower level.
    If you are facing opposition of 82k gold weight, then either you have a few accounts similar to yours, or the oppo is roster engineering. Bear in mind, most of that extra weight will be the IT you mention. I find ferno on opposition bases doesn't make a lot of difference. If that weight was used properly, doing point and air, then you would be in real trouble.
    At the end of the day, you do what you will with your account mate. But the posters are correct, if getting parity in your wars is your desire. So far as the update, it wont make a maxed base either better or worse for war, as only hall matching would bring any advantage, and that is unlikely to be part of the change. Good luck.
    Thank you for your comment. I agree with every thing you said. I just think it's sad that it has to be this way. While everyone plays the way they enjoy it, one group gains a great deal of advantage out of it and the other group is at a disadvantage.

The FAQ thread on Matchmaking can be found here :-

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...AQ-Matchmaking

Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/45/20

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by abidace View Post
    Thank you for your comment. I agree with every thing you said. I just think it's sad that it has to be this way. While everyone plays the way they enjoy it, one group gains a great deal of advantage out of it and the other group is at a disadvantage.
    This is true mate. It would be nice to "do our own thing", and simply have the MM fit around us.
    Unfortunately, if you do war, you have to try and optimise, as much as possible. I don't mean go engineered, mini max, rostering etc, but keep each individual account at as good a "war ready" state as possible, same goes for the roster as a whole.
    Best way to be optimal with current meta is to be balanced, in my opinion (unless you want to engineer), more so roster wise (even if you engineer, roster has to balance). Max hall, unfortunately, runs a high risk of next hall up, as you are finding. And since, in my opinion, the power increase from 9 to 10, is the biggest in the game, then there is little option but press the button, unless you have multiple almost maxed accounts. With this, there would be sufficient cover for a 10 to not do too much damage to your over all war performance.
    When considering war weight, don't forget that an unknown weight is added to cover offence, so a balanced will prob be around double your gold weight, in my opinion, although it depends on how MM is using the weights at any given time, as to the effect. This is reason why I tend to dismiss the posts/threads that complain about an off lop sided base on oppo map.. The weight will be accounted for somewhere. Anyway. Good luck mate, no malice was ever intended. Hope it all works out for you.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; May 18th, 2018 at 12:51 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abidace View Post
    You keep talking advantage and disadvantage as if it was a 1 on 1 war. No one suggested engineering, you brought it up, and I haven’t read anything that hints that engineering is a factor. The mm doesn’t classify your base or match your base. What is the rest of your standard roster? If you provide that, people can make more intelligent suggestions.