Thread: You might be a revolving NH if...

You might be a revolving NH if...

Your recruitment ad page is more than 10+ pages deep. Iím sorry but it honestly doesnít make your NH look good if your 19 pages deep and you keep pumping up your ad every chance you get. I get that people are looking for new members when they need to add to their NH but when I see that a leader has pumped up their ad with little in between pumps itís a little scary and makes me question if that NH goes through players quite a lot. Is there a post that leaders can go to for tips and tricks on how to make their ad stand out or a post of doís and doníts when it comes to ads? Iíd like to see every NH successful, so if there isnít a post of recruitment ad doís and doníts is anyone willing to help contribute to one? If so Iíd be willing to make one

Centennial Club
    Scarier still can be the players that come thru the door...

We started out as casual derby and our initial ad reflected this. We knew that we might get the wrong types but we hoped, stupidly, for the best... After all, the original members had been playing in this hood for 1.5yrs, quietly, happily, and without taking the michael. We played derby for columns and yes, sometimes didn't complete because of unforseen circs. But those instances were few and far between and we knew, not the norm. In the main we played as self sufficient individuals yet, were a team.

We finally decided to grow our hood. I'm a towner and could care less about the derby so I was keen to get more towners on board. Derby was secondary. Wrongly or rightly we hoped to get more people that thought like we did. So we did an ad.

Human nature, however, didn't let us down...And where we'd not really needed rules, some had to be introduced, especially around the derby and from being "casual do as many tasks as possible" we had to say, "all tasks" because inevitably, we got someone that took the michael. We lost some great members because of this... We weren't casual enough. But had we not said all tasks, we'd have been leaving ourselves open to more pain... That said we retained some too, and they are lovely people
    If all the recruits we got were still with us and we didn't care about quality and favoured quantity we'd be a full house, but a full house of people that wouldn't have been a good fit.

So, even if it takes 100 pages... That's what we will have to do because previous recruitment experience and this time around have both shown, you win some, you lose some...if that's a revolving door then, it is what it is.

I feel dirty just looking in there
    Farm 136
    CoC TH10 BhB8 AQ 30 BK 25
    established level 13 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts
    GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard
    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MNmoose View Post
    Your recruitment ad page is more than 10+ pages deep. I’m sorry but it honestly doesn’t make your NH look good if your 19 pages deep and you keep pumping up your ad every chance you get. I get that people are looking for new members when they need to add to their NH but when I see that a leader has pumped up their ad with little in between pumps it’s a little scary and makes me question if that NH goes through players quite a lot. Is there a post that leaders can go to for tips and tricks on how to make their ad stand out or a post of do’s and don’ts when it comes to ads? I’d like to see every NH successful, so if there isn’t a post of recruitment ad do’s and don’ts is anyone willing to help contribute to one? If so I’d be willing to make one
    So a long term hood like mine around 3.5 years old, if it had a 19 page recruitment post, that would be 190 posts. Some of those would be people replying, but in any case that would only equate to a post every 6.7 days. It’s a massive generalisation to equate that to a high player turn over or reflecting badly on that hood!
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Quote Originally Posted by udderly View Post
    Scarier still can be the players that come thru the door...

So, even if it takes 100 pages... That's what we will have to do because previous recruitment experience and this time around have both shown, you win some, you lose some...if that's a revolving door then, it is what it is.

Udderly true!!
    Miss
    Hood: Miss Behaving Tag#88vpc8rq

I post daily for recruitment coz most players donít have a whole lot of time to scroll through the pages of recruitment ads. I get an average of 1-2 players joining a week, n most donít work out. I place a lot of info in my ad about the way we play n our expectations... but again, pple selectively read n decide for themselves what they want my hood to be😂 n Guess what it does not work out... in 43 weeks half my vote hood have had their priorities change n can no longer play the game actively😢 Iím super proactive n I think the only way to prevent hood death is to actively recruit... n thus here I am daily to pump more updates into my ad coz well I care that my team mates have enough hoodies to lighten the derby work load 😊 and so far so good, we place top 2 every derby n donít get drama to the point we are a little on the quiet side, but I like it that way😂 n will keep recruiting till we fill up.

I think simple correlation show a lack of understanding the complexities of running a winning derby hood. N if it were that simple that writing one good ad enables u to fill ur hood n meet ur hood goals there wonít be so many pple recruiting in the recruitment section 🤔
    Last edited by Awesomeblossomme; May 23rd, 2018 at 09:27 AM.

I don't like copying and pasting the same message -- I prefer to write unique posts for my recruitment thread. I have all kinds of posts, all written in hopes of describing our nh playing style, vision, and expectations in such a way that will attract like-minded players. It works really well. We still gain players who have not read through our ad, or who are not a good fit, but they are rare.
    I do not like having a lengthy recruitment ad, so I routinely edit my thread, deleting some of my posts. If I could, I would delete all requests to join my nh that have been posted on my thread. (It amazes me how people ignore my "please PM me if interested in our nh".)

As for how to write a recruitment ad, I have been approached privately by others and like helping as I can. I have posted somewhat related material in my recruitment ad on leadership related topics. (I have found my recruitment ad posts copied and used on other recruitment threads (!!). Not nice.)

Attracting good players depends upon so many variables... having a concise recruitment ad is a wonderful goal for a newly established neighborhood, but for those of us who have been around longer and are well-established, it is more difficult to achieve.

If the op is simply criticizing those who bump up by copying & pasting the identical ad - then I agree, delete posts to edit for unnecessary length. But that's just my opinion. The op's offer to help others is admirable.

Oh my Sweet Cherry Momma, you know me so well. Yes, it’s as SweetCherryPie wrote at the bottom that I was trying to describe

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCherryPie View Post
    I don't like copying and pasting the same message -- I prefer to write unique posts for my recruitment thread. I have all kinds of posts, all written in hopes of describing our nh playing style, vision, and expectations in such a way that will attract like-minded players. It works really well. We still gain players who have not read through our ad, or who are not a good fit, but they are rare.
    I do not like having a lengthy recruitment ad, so I routinely edit my thread, deleting some of my posts. If I could, I would delete all requests to join my nh that have been posted on my thread. (It amazes me how people ignore my "please PM me if interested in our nh".)

As for how to write a recruitment ad, I have been approached privately by others and like helping as I can. I have posted somewhat related material in my recruitment ad on leadership related topics. (I have found my recruitment ad posts copied and used on other recruitment threads (!!). Not nice.)

Attracting good players depends upon so many variables... having a concise recruitment ad is a wonderful goal for a newly established neighborhood, but for those of us who have been around longer and are well-established, it is more difficult to achieve.

If the op is simply criticizing those who bump up by copying & pasting the identical ad - then I agree, delete posts to edit for unnecessary length. But that's just my opinion. The op's offer to help others is admirable.

Well, in my most humble opinion, SweetCherryPie & MNmoose, if your ad says all the best things about your hood, explains what the hood is about, lays out what is expected from those who join and how they will benefit from joining the hood, I see absolutely NO reason to change said ad. Maybe a 6 months update, sure, if things have changed. Otherwise there is no need and no reason not to just type “bump” or copy and paste to place you ad back at the top of the Neighborhood Recruitment section. Also, in case you do not realize, 1. Simply editing your ad will NOT move it back to the top, 2. If you do NOT daily bump your ad, it will fall so far to the back that no one will see it, and 3. Deleting posts to edit unnecessary length also does not bump the ad back to the top, so what purpose does that accomplish; especially as one only needs to hit the “Last” button to go the the end of the thread to post a comment.

In addiction, what a narrow view to think that those of us who post our ad regularly have high turn over. My neighborhood is small, 15 members. I keep my neighborhood small and add only at 1 or 2 people at a time. I have very very low turn over (no more than 1 a month, if that) yet I will advertise periodically just to keep our options open. But some attrition is natural and expected. People lose interest or real life gets in the way and people leave or are expelled from the hood. A hood is very much a live entity and will get stale and or wither if not constantly nurtured. Therefore, semi-regular or regular advertising is a must. But again, I see no reason to change up my ad daily or even weekly as long as it is effective.
    But again, this is just my humble opinion.
    Happy Haven; Level 113 Town 31
    Achievements: 142/144
    kik: happyhavens
    ​My awesome signature by Planck