Thread: Need some General Advise

Fresh Spawn

Need some General Advise

Hello everybody,

after I got stucked around 1900 trophies and found out that it is indeed adviseable to rush the BB, I finally reached the BB6 and I'am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of possibilities now opening up.

First of all I upgraded my collectors to max level and I'am currently using an atack strategy with 2 camps of Giant (lv8), 1 Bombers (lv5) and 1 Archers (lv6) but as i said I cannot get past that 2000 trophies since 2 weeks (highest was 2022). Honestly i spend the most of my recources to upgrade the Base and NOW is the time to upgrade troops! But witch ones??

Honestly I'am very new at clash of clans (playing like 6 weeks now) and watched a couple of vidoes on youtube and read threads in forums and it seems that not all of the strategies are still working or adviseable. For example I found a lot of videos about How strong Night WITCHES are but when i check this forum, everybody is talking about RB, giants and of course CANON CARTS! But this is BB8, maybe its different there.... So now I'am confused. I don't really know what to do? There are 800k waiting in the bank! :-)

Shall I keep upgrading giants? Go on canon carts now? Or better totally new strategy the night witches?

(My other troops at the moment are: Barbarians lv6, minions lv3, baby dragons lv4, canon lv1)

My battle machine is lv2 by the way. Should I focus on this one to get the ability at 5?

Yeah its really confusing and I would be glad to get some help from you experienced guys!

Yours, appo

Welcome to the forum.

The attacks people talk about reflect what BH level they mainly are. A lot of people started at the same time when it came out and are now BH8, so different things might work for them compared to you. One reason is that different troops get an extra number per camp at some upgrade levels, and that tends to make them suddenly rather stronger. Another is the “signature” new strong defence changes at each BH level. For example right now for you the key thing is attacking people with not only 1 but 2 crushers, and a roaster.

Basically it’s a good idea to max out the troops you use for one or two strategies first, rather than levelling them all up at the same time. From your list of troops it looks like you prefer ground attacking. So in your place I would continue developing that by maxing out the archers and barbarians first, then the giants and bombers, then getting cannon carts going (you won’t use them so much now, you will want them to be not too far behind when you get to BH8). Some strong army comps through BH6, 7 and 8 are barbarian and bomber based, adding or swapping in archers or giants as suits a base, so it might be good to keep on that path.

With the battle machine, it’s often a good idea to get your key troops upgraded first. He gets his ability at level 5, but won’t be particularly strong with that - he’s basically another tank, along with your giants. One of his jobs at BH6 will be distracting the new roasters.

Hope that helps.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 15 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Welcome to the forums.

To raise your trophies, you need to:
    - have a good base
    - max some troop comp
    - be strong enough to stay there

If you want to rush all the way to BH8, it makes sense to upgrade giants, bombers and carts as much as you can.

you can find bases at www.allclash.com, or you can search some posts by Noctaire.

upgrade BM after you max your main troops, or when you need to spend a book of heroes

best of luck!
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

You have much to learn, grasshopper. We have many Clash Fu masters here to help you on your journey.

First and foremost, check out the BB Sub-forum Directory that is a sticky on the front page. In there, you will find all sorts of good information on the game, including the various guides and videos I put out. I provide both a blog (blog.clashmaniac.com) and YouTube videos (Gaming with Noc) that date back to the BH6 level. Links to both are in my sig.

FWIW, it IS advisable to rush the Builder Base and most of us here will recommend AGAINST trying to max. That said, hyper-rushing is not for the faint of heart. Instead, I usually suggest a more conservative rush where you max at least one (if not two) of your favorite attack strategies and get all defenses to not more than 2 levels behind your BH level before upgrading. (For example, at BH6, you would want all defensive structures at L4 before going to BH7.) If you’re doing well on your raids (typically 50:50), you should try to max your key defenses if possible before upgrading as well - those are things like your Roaster, MultiMortar, and Giant Cannon.

The Battle Machine...just get him to L5 so you get the ability then sideline him in favor of troop upgrades. The higher level BM is great, but not critical to success during the early-to-mid building phase of the game.

Trophy rankings will vary as a factor of your offensive capabilities, defensive capabilities, base design, and attacking skills. I wrote a multi-part series called, “The Four Pillars of Clash” where I talked about this one in depth. Link is in the guides section and down below. As an earlyto mid BH6, you’ll Probably hang around 2000-2500, and you’ll fight a mix of BH6 thru BH8 players. I have a hyper-rushed BH8 with mostly L4 defenses and it’s hovering around 3K on just L14 Beta Minions (no other troops maxed). You may find it an interesting read (just remember - hyper-rushing is not for the faint of heart, so probably not what you want to do).

The strongest attack strategy at BH6 is Mitch - Night Witches and Beta Minions. Ground attacks like those using Raged Barbarians, Giants, and Cannon Carts do very well also. You will need to decide where you want to play - up on the air, down on the ground - and just get really good with whatever attack strat(s) you choose as you build your game.

Questions - post them here or hit some of us up via PM. I also answer on my Gmail (noctaire@) or blog/YouTube comments. Try to find a good BB clan to help as well, especially if they do friendly challenges and complete the Clan Games.

Good luck...!

General Strategy Guides/Discussions

The Four Pillars of Clash - Part 1: Offense

The Four Pillars of Clash - Part 2: Defense

The Four Pillars of Clash - Part 3: Wrap Up

Clash of Clans Information Resources
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Fresh Spawn
    Wow, thank you very much guys! That was very helpful indeed!

I understood some things now. I think the best way to go on now, is to max 2 of my ground troops. I think I'am more a ground guy at the moment. So my decision tend to max the giants first. They seem to be a good starting point for a lot of strategies since their tanking skills are very nice! Is there a point in maxing the bombers? I'am still not shure about the second troup I should max.

Quote Originally Posted by appo13 View Post
    Wow, thank you very much guys! That was very helpful indeed!

I understood some things now. I think the best way to go on now, is to max 2 of my ground troops. I think I'am more a ground guy at the moment. So my decision tend to max the giants first. They seem to be a good starting point for a lot of strategies since their tanking skills are very nice! Is there a point in maxing the bombers? I'am still not shure about the second troup I should max.
    Bombers are useful for ground attacks throughout the game, but their primary purpose is to use their first throw to break down the initial walls that are keeping your troops out. They have a special ability (Big Bomb) on their first throw only that can break down a wall segment in just one throw (whereas , after that, it takes 2 or more). At L10, you get 4 per camp and the Big Bomb throw can destroy any wall up through L7. That’s the minimum level you want for where you’re at right now. Read up on them HERE.

Raged Barbarians are the easiest troop to max and you can use them alongside Bombers to great effect (Bombarian). Once they hit L14, you get 20 per camp - that is HUGE for attacks (numbers overwhelm). Cannon Carts are wicked strong at L16 with the additional unit in each camp but of limited use until you get them there. At BH6, I would get Bombers to L10, the RBs to L12 for the greatest impact. Getting a jumpstart on CCs helps set you up for BH8.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.