Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defenseless base at war - is there a real penalty or just random?

Defenseless base at war - is there a real penalty or just random?

I've recently been experimenting with my 2 defenseless bases in war (ok to be fair - one is completely defenseless, the other one has walls + traps, but both are 50/50/20 with army close to max). Last war we had 4 th11 with eagles, our opponent had 2. Yes, they had few extra bases with inferno, but that doesn't matter as we roll them over with th11 armies anyway. Previous wars it was usually even or 1 eagle on each side randomly. So I'm wondering - is this thing/myth about mysterious engineering penalty is real or this only affects light engineers (for example 9,5, 10,5) and hardcore ones are still at advantage? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Start Date: 15 Oct 2014
    || TH10 28 Sept 2015 || 275 magma || BK40 AQ40 [finally @ 29 Feb 2016] || GW20 @ 2 July 2016 ||

Quote Originally Posted by padodalu View Post
    I've recently been experimenting with my 2 defenseless bases in war (ok to be fair - one is completely defenseless, the other one has walls + traps, but both are 50/50/20 with army close to max). Last war we had 4 th11 with eagles, our opponent had 2. Yes, they had few extra bases with inferno, but that doesn't matter as we roll them over with th11 armies anyway. Previous wars it was usually even or 1 eagle on each side randomly. So I'm wondering - is this thing/myth about mysterious engineering penalty is real or this only affects light engineers (for example 9,5, 10,5) and hardcore ones are still at advantage? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    I have a completely defenseless base with 40/50/20 heroes but I haven't been using it lately. Backed some max offense at the top I think it could still be an advantage to have those extra max attacks.

I don't put it in because it may draw another, or add more defense to their top.

Quote Originally Posted by padodalu View Post
    Thank you for killing this game. That is all.....

Millennial Club
    From my experience it is all depend on the whole. Roster, but I could be random from drawing exactly high heroes defless to lower offense, but offset by higher defense very likely 10.5

Quote Originally Posted by Luthore View Post
    Thank you for killing this game. That is all.....
    I'm not considering myself a killer. Clouding problem at the endgame (booring) and uneven match-ups at clanwars made me adapt to this. Please don't judge what is good or bad for the game here, I'm trying to get some actual feedback from hardcore engineers and their experience with matching.
    Last edited by padodalu; May 11th, 2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Start Date: 15 Oct 2014
    || TH10 28 Sept 2015 || 275 magma || BK40 AQ40 [finally @ 29 Feb 2016] || GW20 @ 2 July 2016 ||

I hear you. And to be honest it's just me lashing out.

This was once a game i Loved but the game sold out. The powers that be Let TH11's kill TH9 and under wars. They allowed exploitative behavior rule instead of gaming skill.

It got tired....

It is tired.... oh so tired.....

I honestly feel bad for folks still fighting the good fight and wanting this game to be about skill again.

But I've moved on. I war once a month but only because most of my old clannies still fight the good fight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthore View Post
    I hear you. And to be honest it's just me lashing out.

This was once a game i Loved but the game sold out. The powers that be Let TH11's kill TH9 and under wars. They allowed exploitative behavior rule instead of gaming skill.

It got tired....

It is tired.... oh so tired.....

I honestly feel bad for folks still fighting the good fight and wanting this game to be about skill again.

But I've moved on. I war once a month but only because most of my old clannies still fight the good fight.
    Very dramatic. Filthy engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    Very dramatic. Filthy engineers.
    Perhaps...

But you spend 4 years in a game building 4 accounts you tend to get attached....

And when you see a developer sell out you take them to task.

Millennial Club
    But the key word is game. It is nothing more. The developers struck gold with this game, have introduced extra levels, troops and defences, created clan wars, in an attempt to increase the longevity of the app. Sure, they change the boundaries from time to time. Maxers were king, then engi, now the pendulum is swinging again for most, but it is still only a game, a mobile app. Nothing life changing will happen no matter what SC do with it.
    Lets see what the "big update" brings mate. Just hang in there.

Is there an advantage to having a defenseless base in the lineup?

Every time someone matches a clan with an engineer they come running to the forums crying that they have no chance to win, because the other side has an engineer.

So it would appear that there is a consensus. Engineering works.

Get yourself a few engineers. That way when you match an engineered clan, you can respond in kind.

"But Papa Troll, if I put engineers in the lineup I might match against a clan with engineers in the lineup!"

Then it will an even match and may the best clan win.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; May 12th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.