Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defenseless base at war - is there a real penalty or just random?

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    But the key word is game. It is nothing more. The developers struck gold with this game, have introduced extra levels, troops and defences, created clan wars, in an attempt to increase the longevity of the app. Sure, they change the boundaries from time to time. Maxers were king, then engi, now the pendulum is swinging again for most, but it is still only a game, a mobile app. Nothing life changing will happen no matter what SC do with it.
    Lets see what the "big update" brings mate. Just hang in there.
    My friend I agree with you and I hear and realize that this game is also a business. Doesn't mean as a paying customer and long time vet such as me will not lodge a complaint. Especially when a game sells out the future for short time gain. Plenty of games have been around 3-5x longer then Clash and are still around cause they take care of the folks that built them in the first place.

Sadly most developers will sell out for coin even if it slaps the folks that made the game what it was in the face.
    Point being...
    letting TH11's in a TH9 war is sell out...
    Letting defensless TH11's in a game is sellout...
    Letting folks MASSIVELY exploit war weight is sell out...
    Doing little about it is sell out...

I and many others have chosen to vote with our fingers. We play other games and give them our $$$. I have two other games I play and happily pay for. I wont list them as I don't want the mods or sycophants to get their panties in a bunch. But this doesn't change the fact that many now spend coin elsewhere. Not a good long term business model for Supercell.

And a reminder to all the folks that may say why do you care? Well I only play this game cause many of my old clannies that I've spent 3 years with need a player now and again. I also check in now and again in the slim hope this game will change. But I'll be damned if this game gets another penny out of me without massive change(s). And from all the dead bases I see when doing my raids others have followed and/or are doing the same....

On a departing note, we can all play ostrich and put our heads in the sand and not complain. But this game has been slowly dying for years. The biggest nail in the coffin was struck last September with their "war" changes.
    Last edited by Luthore; 1 Week Ago at 11:50 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthore View Post
    My friend I agree with you and I hear and realize that this game is also a business. Doesn't mean as a paying customer and long time vet such as me will not lodge a complaint. Especially when a game sells out the future for short time gain. Plenty of games have been around 3-5x longer then Clash and are still around cause they take care of the folks that built them in the first place.

Sadly most developers will sell out for coin even if it slaps the folks that made the game what it was in the face.
    Point being...

I and many others have chosen to vote with our fingers. We play other games and give them our $$$. I have two other games I play and happily pay for. I wont list them as I don't want the mods or sycophants to get their panties in a bunch. But this doesn't change the fact that many now spend coin elsewhere. Not a good long term business model for Supercell.

And a reminder to all the folks that may say why do you care? Well I only play this game cause many of my old clannies that I've spent 3 years with need a player now and again. I also check in now and again in the slim hope this game will change. But I'll be damned if this game gets another penny out of me without massive change(s). And from all the dead bases I see when doing my raids others have followed and/or are doing the same....

On a departing note, we can all play ostrich and put our heads in the sand and not complain. But this game has been slowly dying for years. The biggest nail in the coffin was struck last September with their "war" changes.
    Again, very dramatic. Not sure I am following how your matchmaking issues lead to SC being a sell out. And I am curious what mobile games have been around for longer than this, and certainly not 3-5 times longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthore View Post

Point being...

I haven't had to sit out of war on my main in the last couple years (now TH11) and have never been a negative impact in war so not sure what you mean.

Should try starting a thread and asking for advice from friendly people around the forums if you are having problems.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 1 Week Ago at 09:12 AM.