Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Replace screen shots in this guide

Replace screen shots in this guide

Under Ideas and feature requests
    In the sticky Tips on searching the forum (link https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...SUBMIT-AN-IDEA )
    There is a link to Guide to searching the forums ( https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...l=1#post431502 ). This looks like really useful help, but all the screen shots show
    IS THIS YOUR PHOTO
    Please upgrade your photobucket account to alliw 3rd party hosting
    FOR IMPORTANT INFO PLEASE GO TO
    Www.photobucket.com/P500

My clipboard was not accessible while I was writing this, so I hope I typed all the links correctly.

Considering that member hasn't posted in over 2 years, I doubt they're going to do that. You're more than welcome to rewrite the thread yourself, if you like. Somebody ought to, at least.
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

Great: the pictures have been re-activated in that thread
    Very instructive on search options. That one got repped +

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, I can see that I do not have the thread options mentioned in '4. Searching within a thread'.

I was puzzled when the pictures were absent, now I am wondering, since I only have:

I do not remember ever seeing the 'Search thread' or 'Rate this thread' options.
    Did these get removed at some point?
    I do not see any General setting options to add/remove these buttons either.
    Or are these not displaying on my Chrome 66.0.3359.181 ?

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    I do not remember ever seeing the 'Search thread' or 'Rate this thread' options.
    Did these get removed at some point?
    I do not see any General setting options to add/remove these buttons either.
    Or are these not displaying on my Chrome 66.0.3359.181 ?
    No, they're not available, so it's not your browser. I've never seen them either, but I know that thread ratings were tried at some point, so I'd guess "search thread" was tried, too, but it must have been a long time. From what I understand, thread ratings weren't as good as they sounded and I'd guess that the search thread option would have caused lags due to too much traffic hitting the forum databases. I know that's why some other options have been removed in the past.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 16 - 608 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    No, they're not available, so it's not your browser. I've never seen them either, but I know that thread ratings were tried at some point, so I'd guess "search thread" was tried, too, but it must have been a long time. From what I understand, thread ratings weren't as good as they sounded and I'd guess that the search thread option would have caused lags due to too much traffic hitting the forum databases. I know that's why some other options have been removed in the past.
    Nobody used the rating system properly, iirc. There are so many ways to screw up the ratings system and you better believe we found them all. It's not useful if people don't take the ratings seriously
    Last edited by Tiler; June 1st, 2018 at 08:56 PM.
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

Thanks for the replies.
    Good to have the search reference updated too, just need to remember some options don’t exist