Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking Losing Streaks: Our clan needs a win

Matchmaking Losing Streaks: Our clan needs a win

We are a Level 10 family clan, not particularly rushed, not engineered with 170 war wins. We typically run 10 person wars with th8-th11. We average 95% war destruction, and were getting crushed. Weve lost 3 in a row, 10 of our last 11, 22 of our last 27. In each of the last 2 wars, our opponent ran the table (perfect war). In our current war, we are facing a 375 win clan with a 6 war winning streak. This war is over before it begins.

My wish: Could matchmaking consider war losing streak, % of wars won, and total war wins in its matchmaking algorithm? (I know matchmaking takes into account winning streak despite the anomaly of our current war)

The majority of the time we do match up with clans with the same winning streak as us (0), but they all seem to have 100+ more war wins than we do. It feels like we are the designated rebound clan for other clans coming off a winning streak.

Hello,

I'm sorry about your losses. I would consider asking advice in the Clan Wars subforum, and posting details about your roster, I'm sure we can help you.

I'd also consider reading this Sticky Thread about FAQ's :-
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...AQ-Matchmaking

First of all, number of total war wins is not a factor in skill or ability. Clan wars has been going a long time, and players come and go.
    You can't compare a clan of May 2018 with the same clan from 2015.

As an example, we recently beat this clan https://cocp.it/clan/2VJGVL8V , lvl 16, 431 wins, best win streak 21 quite easily.
    It was obvious to me that this clan just weren't the same as when they did get that 21 streak back in 2016, so total wins means basically zilch.

Matchmaking does NOT objectively 'take into account winning streak' .

There is a checkbox for 'recent war performance' , and this may sometimes reflect wins, but it's not objective 100%.
    I've posted recently examples of the Number 2 Clan in the world with a current Win streak of over 400 matching clans with a win streak of 1....so lets put that one to bed.

The interesting thing about your post is this line :-

"The majority of the time we do match up with clans with the same winning streak as us (0)"

Why is this interesting? Well because it backs up my own personal views about 'recent war performance' being more of a safety net for clans that lose, rather than penalising clans that win!
    This opinion can be found here from July 2017 :-

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post10682516

So to summarise :-

1) Total wins means nothing
    2) Winning streak (on its own) is not a benchmark for Matchmaking.
    3) I believe Matchmaking does take into account losing streak , but this is just my subjective opinion. We do know for a fact however, that Clash Royale matches do have such a 'losing pool' feature (14.35) :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_99geT3VHE
    4) Ask specific advice in the Clan Wars subforum. https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...p/66-Clan-Wars

Good luck to you!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/43/17

We went though a tough season not long ago. The fix for us was to reduce the spread of THs. Try a few wars with just the TH11-9s and see what happens. Then try a few with TH8-10. I think you will like the outcome.
    Last edited by DreadPirateRoberts; May 11th, 2018 at 01:29 PM.
    Guilder (lvl 14 clan) Join us for Wars and Family Friendly Clashing!
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

if you run TH11 on top and you still get 100%'d that often I'd either say your TH11(s) is actually particularly rushed, or should definitely use a better base.
    Other than that it's hard to say without seeing how your wars look like
    Clash of Clans: TH12 56/55/20 | any other TH I probably have a base

Clash Royale: Probably more posts than wins. Why my posts still count if the forum was deleted?

Appreciate all the feedback. Skrags, largely I agree with you, but with a caveat

- Your point on total war wins is well taken, but I don't think it means zilch. High total war wins is a general indicator that you are dealing with an "above average" clan. Yes, they may be on the downhill swing, but most of the time, they know what they are doing. I would venture to say that when there is a 100 win differential between two clans, the higher number wins > 75% of the time. Pure speculation on my part, but I don't find many high total war win clans that don't make a good showing.

I enjoyed your post on Recent War Performance, and the Second Group describes us well. At best we are an average clan, but since it is a family clan, we're going to let anybody who uses their attacks war and not get too uptight when their eyes get bigger than their stomachs. We'll do some light coaching here and there. I think that Recent War Performance was a good first step, but it could be expanded - may be by looking at 90 day winning percentage?

As you pointed out, we don't have time or inclination to become an above average clan. We just want to be matched more frequently with the other below average clans out there. We can't possibly be the worst ;-)

And to VeeBirds, since the top base is my mine, I feel compelled to be a little defensive. I'm 3 weeks from Max Th11 (walls, heroes, offense, defense) with the key caveat that I haven't built the Eagle. The last two wars have been humbling as I rarely see my base 3 starred. At the risk of being nave, that speaks to the quality of our competition moreso than our own vulnerability.

I have not ssen anything recently to make me think war win streak has any affect.

Clan war match making, takes already such a long time and is quite complicated to match clans with similar defence and offences. If SC adds even more criteria like war win streak, or total number of wins or loses.Also in another forum, somebody suggested to consider even clan level into count! Then it will be almost impossible to find a match for most of clans easily! It wasn't for a long time ago when clans with engineering bases used to be "almost always winners". Since the new updates, I find really fair match making! But just takes long time to find a match! Adding more unnecessary consideration into match making count, will make matchmaking even more complicated. I beleive match making should only be limited to match clans with similar levels of offence,defence and hero levels ONLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Sknick01 View Post
    And to VeeBirds, since the top base is my mine, I feel compelled to be a little defensive. I'm 3 weeks from Max Th11 (walls, heroes, offense, defense) with the key caveat that I haven't built the Eagle. The last two wars have been humbling as I rarely see my base 3 starred. At the risk of being nave, that speaks to the quality of our competition moreso than our own vulnerability.
    Heavy .5s have been a liability in war matching for a fat while now ESPECIALLY your base being the war anchor. I'd 100% build the Eagle if I were you. At least with that you'll likely never be 3 starred. And you're probably already matching clans with Eagle's on top from time to time. If your opposition doesn't have any Eagle either than you could have a shot at 3 starring them (maybe have someone lower scout them or something like that).

///I know you haven't complained about the matches roster-wise but risking to start already at a disadvantage isn't too good :P
    Last edited by VeeBirds; May 11th, 2018 at 09:14 PM.
    Clash of Clans: TH12 56/55/20 | any other TH I probably have a base

Clash Royale: Probably more posts than wins. Why my posts still count if the forum was deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by Xena2017 View Post
    Clan war match making, takes already such a long time and is quite complicated to match clans with similar defence and offences. If SC adds even more criteria like war win streak, or total number of wins or loses.Also in another forum, somebody suggested to consider even clan level into count! Then it will be almost impossible to find a match for most of clans easily! It wasn't for a long time ago when clans with engineering bases used to be "almost always winners". Since the new updates, I find really fair match making! But just takes long time to find a match! Adding more unnecessary consideration into match making count, will make matchmaking even more complicated. I beleive match making should only be limited to match clans with similar levels of offence,defence and hero levels ONLY!
    Um, but they already take into account recent war performance, we don't know quite what that is but we do know they keep your last whatever it is wars in your log and display it, they keep total number of wars, wins, loses and draws and display it, and they keep current win streak and display it. So it is a small leap of faith to know they use this stuff in some way. But how? Well we do not really know. The only thing I can suggest is they slightly modify matching in some way with some of this. Pooling seems unlikely, and would only exacerbated matching problems. My personal experience (statistically insignificant) suggests as you increase your win streak as a maxer clan you seem more likely to meet more engineering opponents and tougher matches. A figure of something like 5 wins seems to get some consensus. What this means to engineering folk is probably nothing. Is there an equivalent but in the opposite direction? No idea, fortunately we haven't lost more than 2 in a row. But I would say matches seem perhaps a little easier after a defeat or two?!!?
    Last edited by nobeone; May 12th, 2018 at 10:36 AM.

Junior Member ShadowMasterLeader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sknick01 View Post
    We are a Level 10 family clan, not particularly rushed, not engineered with 170 war wins. We typically run 10 person wars with th8-th11. We average 95% war destruction, and we’re getting crushed. We’ve lost 3 in a row, 10 of our last 11, 22 of our last 27. In each of the last 2 wars, our opponent ran the table (perfect war). In our current war, we are facing a 375 win clan with a 6 war winning streak. This war is over before it begins.

My wish: Could matchmaking consider war losing streak, % of wars won, and total war wins in its matchmaking algorithm? (I know matchmaking takes into account winning streak – despite the anomaly of our current war)

The majority of the time we do match up with clans with the same winning streak as us (0), but they all seem to have 100+ more war wins than we do. It feels like we are the designated rebound clan for other clans coming off a winning streak.
    try adding more members in war if possible. This helped us a lot when we were on a losing streak.

Shadow Alliance

Shadow Master: CV98GCGG
    Shadow Champion: CUUUVJJ8

ShadowAlliance.wixsite.com/site