Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matchmaking Losing Streaks: Our clan needs a win

Quote Originally Posted by Sknick01 View Post
    We are a Level 10 family clan, not particularly rushed, not engineered with 170 war wins. We typically run 10 person wars with th8-th11. We average 95% war destruction, and we’re getting crushed. We’ve lost 3 in a row, 10 of our last 11, 22 of our last 27. In each of the last 2 wars, our opponent ran the table (perfect war). In our current war, we are facing a 375 win clan with a 6 war winning streak. This war is over before it begins.

My wish: Could matchmaking consider war losing streak, % of wars won, and total war wins in its matchmaking algorithm? (I know matchmaking takes into account winning streak – despite the anomaly of our current war)

The majority of the time we do match up with clans with the same winning streak as us (0), but they all seem to have 100+ more war wins than we do. It feels like we are the designated rebound clan for other clans coming off a winning streak.
    I think the important clue is the one I highlighted.

Take a close look at your anchors. How many TH11s, and are they REALLY TH 11, or are they TH9s with a white building in the middle of the base. Did you take the time to upgrade all defenses and walls, or did you skip a few in the rush to get to those shiny infernoes and eagles. How are your heroes?

It is possible to 3star a TH11 but it is not a certainty. If a specific th11 is getting 3ed war after war it sounds like that is where you could look.

Only other clue I saw was the mention of a family clan. We sometimes let things slide when it is family. If cousin Rufus forgot to attack, we say nothing. We certainly don't bench or kick Rufus because then Aunt Sadie would be sure to bring it up at Thanksgiving. Are you getting the full effort out of all 10 warriors?

Beyond that it is just standard clan management, don't rush, max the attack, donate what is requested for war, attack the base you can 3 star not the mirror....etc.

Good luck.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

You should 100% build eagle as the top base. 10.5 is way too easy to 3 star.

What is the the rest of your roster like. It sounds to me like adding more defense would help
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    Um, but they already take into account recent war performance, we don't know quite what that is but we do know they keep your last whatever it is wars in your log and display it, they keep total number of wars, wins, loses and draws and display it, and they keep current win streak and display it. So it is a small leap of faith to know they use this stuff in some way. But how? Well we do not really know. The only thing I can suggest is they slightly modify matching in some way with some of this. Pooling seems unlikely, and would only exacerbated matching problems. My personal experience (statistically insignificant) suggests as you increase your win streak as a maxer clan you seem more likely to meet more engineering opponents and tougher matches. A figure of something like 5 wins seems to get some consensus. What this means to engineering folk is probably nothing. Is there an equivalent but in the opposite direction? No idea, fortunately we haven't lost more than 2 in a row. But I would say matches seem perhaps a little easier after a defeat or two?!!?
    +1..Hi Nobe. Nice post. Just a shot in the dark on the highlighted bits. First off, I don't see the difference so much (throw away comment mate, not an intended flame). As streak grows, then we are prone to guys with streaks, although not every war, but level of oppo is same as usual, some hard and some soft. I put this more down to our roster tho, we get what it spits. But.. What if they do pool clans with a streak running, or newly busted streak. As the streak grows, then the pool would shrink, and possibly leave only clans that carry more engineered as you potential match. Am not pushing this idea, just putting it out there as a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I think the important clue is the one I highlighted.

Take a close look at your anchors. How many TH11s, and are they REALLY TH 11, or are they TH9s with a white building in the middle of the base. Did you take the time to upgrade all defenses and walls, or did you skip a few in the rush to get to those shiny infernoes and eagles. How are your heroes?

It is possible to 3star a TH11 but it is not a certainty. If a specific th11 is getting 3ed war after war it sounds like that is where you could look.

Only other clue I saw was the mention of a family clan. We sometimes let things slide when it is family. If cousin Rufus forgot to attack, we say nothing. We certainly don't bench or kick Rufus because then Aunt Sadie would be sure to bring it up at Thanksgiving. Are you getting the full effort out of all 10 warriors?

Beyond that it is just standard clan management, don't rush, max the attack, donate what is requested for war, attack the base you can 3 star not the mirror....etc.

Good luck.
    Another +1.. I noticed the "family" bit too. Can only agree that standards naturally drop once real life overlaps the game. Is similar to the friends/serious war decision that many have to make, but amplified thru blood ties.
    Great post Papa. Plenty of food for thought for poster to mull over, think you got everything covered.

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    You should 100% build eagle as the top base. 10.5 is way too easy to 3 star.

What is the the rest of your roster like. It sounds to me like adding more defense would help
    Yes I agree, he is already near max defense but being top base he should be able to defend so it is probably time to drop the bird.

Also should try increasing the amount of people in war and benching some of the big bases that are being 3 starred alot until they are more developed.

If he can't bench people because they are family clan then you need to work together to recruit enough low level players to double the size of your lineup in war.

TLDR : Drop eagle, recruit

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    +1..Hi Nobe. Nice post. Just a shot in the dark on the highlighted bits. First off, I don't see the difference so much (throw away comment mate, not an intended flame). As streak grows, then we are prone to guys with streaks, although not every war, but level of oppo is same as usual, some hard and some soft. I put this more down to our roster tho, we get what it spits. But.. What if they do pool clans with a streak running, or newly busted streak. As the streak grows, then the pool would shrink, and possibly leave only clans that carry more engineered as you potential match. Am not pushing this idea, just putting it out there as a thought.
    Oh flame me all you want, idc

I think the impact of whatever recent war performance is may well cause maxers to match more engineered opposition in various ways, if you believe it tweaks weights ever so slightly so you will match harder opposition then this might adjust your weights just enough to encompass e.g. 0.5 weights more often, or if you think it is pooled, and you accept engineering offers some advantages, then clans with better recent war performance may well have more engineered clans in! All idle speculation, and anybody running anything other than maxed bases may well not notice the effect in the same way since they almost certainly match more closely and often with engineering opponents anyway ... just my statistically insignificant subjective view ...

We are a Level 10 family clan, not particularly rushed, not engineered with 170 war wins. We typically run 10 person wars with th8-th11. We average 95% war destruction, and we’re getting crushed. We’ve lost 3 in a row, 10 of our last 11, 22 of our last 27. In each of the last 2 wars, our opponent ran the table (perfect war). In our current war, we are facing a 375 win clan with a 6 war winning streak. This war is over before it begins.

My wish: Could matchmaking consider war losing streak, % of wars won, and total war wins in its matchmaking algorithm? (I know matchmaking takes into account winning streak – despite the anomaly of our current war)

The majority of the time we do match up with clans with the same winning streak as us (0), but they all seem to have 100+ more war wins than we do. It feels like we are the designated rebound clan for other clans coming off a winning streak.

i've got only one question and i believe the answer will help you understand why you lose:
    With that 95% destruction rate, how many stars you actually get in 10x10 war?
    Too often we see clans that almost win, but some "internet" anti-2 bases get then to a point of 90%+ 1 star attacks...

Now to your suggestion: i don't think that adding a lose strike is a good idea - this can lead to deliberate abuse (win streak is hard to get and eventually its capped, lose strike is easiest to get and the only way to draw is by 0% destruction on both sides)
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Millennial Club

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    i've got only one question and i believe the answer will help you understand why you lose:
    With that 95% destruction rate, how many stars you actually get in 10x10 war?
    Too often we see clans that almost win, but some "internet" anti-2 bases get then to a point of 90%+ 1 star attacks...

Now to your suggestion: i don't think that adding a lose strike is a good idea - this can lead to deliberate abuse (win streak is hard to get and eventually its capped, lose strike is easiest to get and the only way to draw is by 0% destruction on both sides)
    I think, so far as OP goes, if they are hitting 95% destruction every war, there isn't much wrong with their attacking. If they are scoring that high, and losing, then its their bases that need updating.
    So far as losing streaks go, it has been suggested that they may already do this. I agree that more checkboxes will only add to the problems in MM tho. As for exploiting a losing streak.. Would anyone really lose on purpose, unless they are a FWA clan?. If, indeed, anyone wants to use this tactic, and thus gain an easier war next time.. our clan tag is in my home page, please feel free to employ this exploitive tactic against us. BTW.. the most likely score for a tie is 100% for both clans, not zero. Hence one of the drawbacks to off lop sided rosters.

Appreciate all the feedback. Skrags, largely I agree with you, but with a caveat

- Your point on total war wins is well taken, but I don't think it means zilch. High total war wins is a general indicator that you are dealing with an "above average" clan. Yes, they may be on the downhill swing, but most of the time, they know what they are doing. .
    That's a fair point, and valid. I think my use of the word 'zilch' probably wasn't the best. I still don't believe that Total War wins should be held as a checkbox barometer of who you match.
    It takes a great deal of time and effort to maintain clan longevity. I know this personally as my own clan was established back in 2012. All our original top hitters from back in the early days of clan wars are either no longer playing, or no longer warring.

The same with the lvl 16 clan that I linked in my previous post. Why should they be penalised in 2018, just because they were a top notch war clan 2 years ago?

But I do understand your sentiment.
    p.s. some good advice in this thread for you to think about!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/45/20